rF2 S397 Endurance @ Monza- Fri 01 Jul 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks for that, really useful. Will a full tank not last 50mins then even when on race fuel setting or is there a mandatory stop?

I can't remember the tyre compounds but presume medium / hard for racing?
Nope, not even close, you need roughly 30-40 extra liters, depending on track. I usually just go full tank then fuel whatever is needed to get a shorter stop and run a lighter car near the end.

Soft tires all the way, Monza nearly dosent wear at all but we use softs everywhere and we do not change them in the pits, unless they're REALLY hammered which they usually arent.
You CAN overdrive the tires and overheat them, if that happends you'll loose time, but at Monza it shouldnt be an issue.

Test the brakes, you'll find the rears lock if you downshift too fast and the fronts lock if its too far forward. There no ACC TC/ABS help here :p. Also, play with brake duct tape settings, if the temps fall too low during the straights, they wont bite in the beginning, I usually adjust it so the temps dont go below 3-400 degrees at any point, and you'll see brake temps in the 800-1000 degree peak during the hard braking zones, like T1.

The Cadi drives better but has a lower topspeed, so you'll need to run the Oreca to be competitive around Monza. Had it been a normal track like Imola we ran last time, I'd have suggested the Cadi.

If you run a dashboard (like me, I cant run without), make sure you have tire temps, tire usage (less critical, only for wear balance), fuel usage, fuel remaining, fuel pr. lap (critical in order to calculate the optimum amount to refuel in the pitstop) and brake temps. You'll need them all for the best performance.

Last edited:
That moment you have managed to practice for the first time in an LMP2 car on a sim that's still new to you - think you've got the hang of it - then join the server and realise you are going to crash a lot because offline you've had TC and ABS active :roflmao:

Last edited:
That moment you have managed to practice for the first time in an LMP2 car on a sim that's still new to you - think you've got the hang of it - then join the server and realise you are going to crash a lot because offline you've had TC and ABS active :roflmao:
Yep, I did that too back when I started with rf2 :D

It takes practice, but with your speed, I know you'll get there eventually :)

Does anyone have that problem? What should I do?

Attachments

• rF2.jpg
    rF2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 34
It would be helpful if it told you what it thinks you are missing.

For reference I have the endurance pack and monza and got in ok earlier.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware