AC RSS GT-M @ Watkins Glen - Sunday 25th June 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Understandable Laurent. Only 16C here in Ireland lucky enough! I'd say many are in the same boat further east. I might do 2 x 20 races next week.

I have one these fans for the heat waves.. They shift alot of air! Saved me for the le mans 2 hour!

Well, it's after the Le Mans race that I decided I wouldn't race anymore in that heat.

I have a small fan but it's not enough. Looking at mobile airco really. The problem is that I have 3 floors and would need one on each.

Yours might be a better solution but I want to have the heat out of the room. The computer generates even more heat. And sweating while using VR is really unpleasant.

I use this instead of the kunos car radar app
Didn't know there is one :p
Stock AC only has these red arrows in the corners of the monitor, no radar.
Fun fact: the guy who created helicorsa got hired for ACC and it has a nice radar that looks oddly familiar :D

Btw for fuel, I'm using ACRL Fuel. It's really compact and shows you the estimated liters left at the end of the race.

Btw for fuel, I'm using ACRL Fuel. It's really compact and shows you the estimated liters left at the end of the race.
My app also shows the liters left at the end of the race ;)

Wish I could have participated but it is just too hot in my sim room.. it was 33 degrees celsius yesterday and it was a sauna even without switching the pc on, let alone race in VR. I need to find a solution because it has been quite impossible for me to race the last weeks.

Too bad as my pace looked quite good. My best practice time was not on qualy fuel.

Hope to get it sorted and race again soon.
Hm... I think those conditions are closer to real racing. Isn't it very hot in race cars? I always thought, people are looking for the most realistic feeling (for example wearing gloves when sim racing in their living room). :roflmao::p

Hm... I think those conditions are closer to real racing. Isn't it very hot in race cars? I always thought, people are looking for the most realistic feeling (for example wearing gloves when sim racing in their living room). :roflmao::p
Haha, I had that thought as well. But then again, they don't go to bed right after the race. When you are soaking and have to change clothes, bathe etc.. after the race because it was so hot. Still the issue of fogging in VR sometime as well.

But you're right :p

Further to @Reik Major and @cerebralvortex convo - Funny talking about how hot we get sim racing and irl. My wife takes the mickey out of me for jumping in the shower after a sim race, I say it saves on bed sheets:laugh:

Have been karting a few times this year, weather not too hot, but totally drenched after just 20mins - so yeh, it's probably one aspect of real life we don't want in sim racing:roflmao:

Despite the small grid, it was a fun race for me. I didn't realize it was a 60 min race until after the race started, so that threw my strategy out the window. It appears a tire change is the quicker choice. I did a fuel only stop, which put me in the lead after the stops and left me doing my best to be a rolling chicane for Hank and Fulvio (the brief 3-way battle into the bus stop was pretty exciting). I really look forward to the future races with these cars.

Despite the small grid, it was a fun race for me. I didn't realize it was a 60 min race until after the race started, so that threw my strategy out the window. It appears a tire change is the quicker choice. I did a fuel only stop, which put me in the lead after the stops and left me doing my best to be a rolling chicane for Hank and Fulvio (the brief 3-way battle into the bus stop was pretty exciting). I really look forward to the future races with these cars.

Nice pace last night Rob! My bad for not double checking the time. For some reason when you copy a config it changes the race back to 60 minutes.. So the pit window was still even 10-40 minutes from the GT4/porsche races :O_o:

Interesting about the tires. It is a quick swap for new rubber then? Never got around to checking the fuel and tyre times.

Nice pace last night Rob! My bad for not double checking the time. For some reason when you copy a config it changes the race back to 60 minutes.. So the pit window was still even 10-40 minutes from the GT4/porsche races :O_o:

Interesting about the tires. It is a quick swap for new rubber then? Never got around to checking the fuel and tyre times.
I'm just guessing on the tire change. I did a fuel only stop and was lapping around 2 seconds slower per lap than my initial laps by the end of the race. If that's the case, it could make the strategy a more dynamic part of the race.

@Bob Luneski Heres a basic list of the apps I use when racing, not necessarily all at once, but some for practice/quali/race etc.

If you have any questions about any of these, don't hesitate to ask, or check youtube. Many have tutorials for installation and use, and many of us here have probably had the same "issue" you might come across :)

Crew Chief - your spotter, your friend, your biggest critic :roflmao:
Helicorsa - shows where cars are around you like radar, I use this instead of the kunos car radar app
Sidekick - an all in one speedo & dash. Shows delta, tirewear, timing and much more

CBV Fuel Calculator - fuel calculator
ProTyres - I use this instead of the kunos tire app, tire wear, pressure
Camber Extravaganza - shows you how "correct" your camber is midturn - I don't use this during the race

SimHub - sends data to a second screen, timing, maps, etc, very customizable
Substanding Extended - I use this instead of the kunos leaderboard (I think the kunos app is toggled on/off with f9) Also comes with overall & class position apps
Track Map Display Extended - sometimes I use this in place of the kunos map app (usually for Sunday multiclass races), otherwise I use kunos map app mostly

Sol - Make your game look pretty

Lastly, I use also use the FFB option & viewing settings for tweaking controls per car that are default kunos apps along with the performance delta (Kunos app) and the virual mirror (think f11 toggles that) - Keyboard shortcut guide for AC

Think thats it, but again, ask any questions you have. Don't feel like you need all of these (most of us probably use the first three apps), but I'm on a single screen and like info, so this is my collection :coffee: Here's how it looks usually in a race. Some overlap with info, but I like to be able to glance quickly and see what I need

View attachment 674795
@Alfred Wayne This is AWESOME. Thank you so much. It's so energizing coming back to such a vibrant and helpful community. This makes getting the rig running and up to pace and back on the grid exciting thank you!!!!!

@Bob Luneski Heres a basic list of the apps I use when racing, not necessarily all at once, but some for practice/quali/race etc.

If you have any questions about any of these, don't hesitate to ask, or check youtube. Many have tutorials for installation and use, and many of us here have probably had the same "issue" you might come across :)

Crew Chief - your spotter, your friend, your biggest critic :roflmao:
Helicorsa - shows where cars are around you like radar, I use this instead of the kunos car radar app
Sidekick - an all in one speedo & dash. Shows delta, tirewear, timing and much more

CBV Fuel Calculator - fuel calculator
ProTyres - I use this instead of the kunos tire app, tire wear, pressure
Camber Extravaganza - shows you how "correct" your camber is midturn - I don't use this during the race

SimHub - sends data to a second screen, timing, maps, etc, very customizable
Substanding Extended - I use this instead of the kunos leaderboard (I think the kunos app is toggled on/off with f9) Also comes with overall & class position apps
Track Map Display Extended - sometimes I use this in place of the kunos map app (usually for Sunday multiclass races), otherwise I use kunos map app mostly

Sol - Make your game look pretty

Lastly, I use also use the FFB option & viewing settings for tweaking controls per car that are default kunos apps along with the performance delta (Kunos app) and the virual mirror (think f11 toggles that) - Keyboard shortcut guide for AC

Think thats it, but again, ask any questions you have. Don't feel like you need all of these (most of us probably use the first three apps), but I'm on a single screen and like info, so this is my collection :coffee: Here's how it looks usually in a race. Some overlap with info, but I like to be able to glance quickly and see what I need

View attachment 674795
Thanks @Alfred Wayne for all yours and everyone's help you're right in the life is short.. live it Immediate solution is going to be drop the 3 monitors, buy a 35-42" curved monitor and let my new gaming laptop drive it

ASUS - ROG Strix 18" 240Hz Gaming Laptop QHD - Intel 13th Gen Core i9 with 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 - 1TB SSD - 2tb added in 2nd bay for 3 tb onboard

Then repurpose the old rig while building a new on to get my laptop back lol

Coming back to such a vibrant and helpful community makes getting running and up to pace exciting... Thanks again everyone

Last edited:

Latest News

Back