AC RSS GT @ Barcelona Moto - Sunday 22nd May 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi all.
Password please?
Hi Riky_sim.
You're very welcome. Please enter your real name in your RD account/account details. There's a field called Real Name. It should be the same as the name you're using on S.GP.
I will pm you the password.
Please read the 1st post very carefully, especially our rules with the Golden Rule.
And joining the voice chat on Discord during the event is highly recommended.

See you on track

Any VR gurus? My VR headset has gone silly and shows everything at a 45° tilt. It's a G2 if anybody has one and knows what might be wrong. I've tried all the usual stuff but it keeps doing it spontaneously. I reset the view in the Microsoft reality thing for seating play and it's fine for a while then happens again. I've also got a button in AC to reset the view which centers me but keeps the tilt. I appreciate it's a forum post elsewhere here for a larger audience but thought I would ask here first in case anybody has seen the problem.

Any VR gurus? My VR headset has gone silly and shows everything at a 45° tilt. It's a G2 if anybody has one and knows what might be wrong. I've tried all the usual stuff but it keeps doing it spontaneously. I reset the view in the Microsoft reality thing for seating play and it's fine for a while then happens again. I've also got a button in AC to reset the view which centers me but keeps the tilt. I appreciate it's a forum post elsewhere here for a larger audience but thought I would ask here first in case anybody has seen the problem.

I find the standing setup rather than seated works better. Have you tried that? Any tracking issues I've had have been related to lighting, I always filck the main lights in the room to stop any drifting. I think the monitor could also effect it if it's to close. Check if there are any driver updates on steam VR or windows update. Sorry Tim, shooting in the dark a bit. Since I clean re-installed windows last year the tracking has been really good. It updated the wmr portal. On a Samsung wmr so it's similar to your's in how it works I guess.

Last edited:
Good luck tonight gents. Great to get that boost in sign ups today.

Just a reminder to anyone new to this/these cars. Pitstops are mandatory. You must add fuel or change tyres. These cars refuel very slowly so you may want to do a practice stop to get a feel for that.

Last edited:
I have the same VR headset but no concrete idea how to fix that issue. The only thing I noticed is, that it's important to have enough light in your room to prevent any tracking issues.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have reinstalled the windows software which seems to have fixed it for now.. will see how it goes.
Yep it did it about 20 mins in :(. I didn't get to practice for this one, just took the default setup and fiddled with tyres so I was surprised to qualify 6th. Lost a few places at the start but was actually leading due to everyone in front of me spinning off at some point. Han looked much quicker and closing the gap on me fast so it wouldn't have lasted much longer.

Thanks Brian for organising, sorry I had to quit.

Last edited:
When the session changed from Q to race, my camera position got replaced at the roof of my car (like the T-cam in F1). No time to restart everything so I gave it a try for a few laps. May be ok while hotlapping alone but not in a race because all the apps like Helicorsa stay "inside" the car where I placed them. Therefore decided to quit early. Hope you guys had fun

When the session changed from Q to race, my camera position got replaced at the roof of my car (like the T-cam in F1). No time to restart everything so I gave it a try for a few laps. May be ok while hotlapping alone but not in a race because all the apps like Helicorsa stay "inside" the car where I placed them. Therefore decided to quit early. Hope you guys had fun

Ah crap, alot of technical troubles tonight :( Havn't had that issue before. Not yet! Was that even you 'recentre' it stayed up there?

Ah crap, alot of technical troubles tonight :( Havn't had that issue before. Not yet! Was that even you 'recentre' it stayed up there?
Yes the height didn't change, only the horizontal position got aligned. Guess it was because I put the headset off after Q and with the session-change, the position got fuc*ed up somehow. Usually I stay seated and keep my headset on after Q.

First went for a pee, got back in plenty of time, thought why am I alone in the pits. So off I went, but then had to serve a 10 second penalty, that will teach me.
Managed one corner, saw I was in qualifying mode, back to the pits another time penalty, set of about 20 seconds in front of Han, at least I was on the same lap, just.
Then managed to punt myself of when all the lights came on in the room.:confused:
Never saw a soul, had a great race, the car behaved impeccably , unlike the idiot behind the wheel.
No tyre overheating, as others seemed to have, easy to drive, but needed a lot of attention to drive.
Great event @Interslice , pity there were not more people there to race.
Well done Han, :thumbsup:

Chose the 575 fezza because it's easy to drive and I like the cockpit view although probably not the quickest of the pack.....or at least that's my excuse for being well off pace.

Wasn't sure on race tyres, looks like everyone chose mediums but pro-tyres was showing too much wear so I chose hards with a tyre change at the pitstop. Probably a bad choice.

A couple of early incidents left me midfield with a gap in front and behind and I was looking good to hold that until my pitstop where I lost a lot of time trying to sort out my menu....seems like I'd mapped the brake balance buttons to the menu choice which took me a while to realise :rolleyes:

A bit of a disappointing race for me then but still, a rare and very welcome chance to race a quality mod. Well done to podies and thanks for organising :thumbsup:

What a race! That rotter Ernie stole the pole from me but I didn't worry as I counted on his usual bad start. But as it turned out the bladder of Ernie made the start very easy for me. But a bad shift put me in the middle between Brian and Thomas towards turn 1. So I hoped for the best. Brian braked early and Thomas was on the inside loosing too much speed to follow me in T2 being on the outside there.
After a mistake I was behind Tim and Fulvio. Fulvio somehow let me pass and Tim also left. After Thomas had a bad pitstop, the gap to Brian was about 20s so I could cruise to end and take the win.

Thanks all for joining, Brian for organizing and the bladder of Ernie for helping me.

Last edited:
Start was a bit chaotic as Han says. I think it was Thomas that got between myself and Han into T1 and spun. He had less fuel it turned out and got a good run on both of us. :) Luckily I only tapped the back of his car as he spun across in front of me, but needed to brake and ended up behind @eN1xes though T3, with a hoard of cars behind me!

Screenshot_rss_gt_ferruccio_55_ks_barcelona_22-4-122-22-14-44.jpg

Fulvio's viper was struggling to get out of La Caixa. Too much power :) It fishtailed, I lifted off, looked like it was going to exit the corner but fishtailed again, as i got on the power. Sorry for contact Fulvio. I was not expecting the rear to go loose the second time. Spun him around and had to wait fro a GR, so was all the way back in P5 now.
I made a shocking overtake attempt again, trying to recover positions too fast. Braked too late and got on the slippy outside line of La caixa and spun. Clipped paul on the way out... P6 I was really happy with the car but a mixture of bad luck and more crappy race craft meant I couldn't get near Han in the second stint. Happy with P2 but probably only there because others messed up more. I got from P6 to P2 with only one overtake. All others retired, spun or took a long stop...

Looking forward to trying the Saleen again. It behaved itself alot better than the Lister and the lambo in previous races. Thanks to every one for racing. It was enjoyable as always. Congrats to Han for the win. The man to beat in these at the moment :) See you all on the next one :thumbsup:

Screenshot_rss_gt_ferruccio_55_ks_barcelona_22-4-122-22-10-33.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_gt_ferruccio_55_ks_barcelona_22-4-122-22-11-46.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gt_ferruccio_55_ks_barcelona_22-4-122-22-11-46.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_rss_gt_ferruccio_55_ks_barcelona_22-4-122-22-11-7.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gt_ferruccio_55_ks_barcelona_22-4-122-22-11-7.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Nice shots! Asside from my VR headset problems I really struggled to adapt to these cars last night. I practised a lot the first time we used them at Nurburging and got dialled into the Saleen. Last night I jumped straight in and couldn't get used to not locking the tyres all the time. I seemed to eat them much faster than on the Nurburgring and the softs in the Saleen were completely unusable after 1 lap in qualifying. I tried running out directly on ideal pressures to get one lap in before they went red on the left a few times but kept stuffing it up. Any whiff of a curb sent me off too. My ability to iron any of this out with setup changes was constrained by both time and a general lack of knowing what I am doing..:confused:

Curious as I never got that far but did everyone do a single stop on mediums? Mine were almost in the red when I retired after only 10 laps. I was planning 16 laps before stopping originally and ran a full tank for the race barring the 17 litres of fuel you can fit into a tyre change with the Saleen.

Nice shots! Asside from my VR headset problems I really struggled to adapt to these cars last night. I practised a lot the first time we used them at Nurburging and got dialled into the Saleen. Last night I jumped straight in and couldn't get used to not locking the tyres all the time. I seemed to eat them much faster than on the Nurburgring and the softs in the Saleen were completely unusable after 1 lap in qualifying. I tried running out directly on ideal pressures to get one lap in before they went red on the left a few times but kept stuffing it up. Any whiff of a curb sent me off too. My ability to iron any of this out with setup changes was constrained by both time and a general lack of knowing what I am doing..:confused:

Curious as I never got that far but did everyone do a single stop on mediums? Mine were almost in the red when I retired after only 10 laps. I was planning 16 laps before stopping originally and ran a full tank for the race barring the 17 litres of fuel you can fit into a tyre change with the Saleen.

Ye the medium tyres were ok. They drop off sharply but it's only the last 2 laps before the pits you need to slow down. Not too bad considering it's one of the worst track for eating tyres. Nurburgring is gentle on the tyres due to the banking in nearly every corner. My biggest issue was the cold front right and so turning left was tricky. Not squaring off the tyre in the second stint helped alot!

Had the same experience on the softs. Glad it wasn't just me :) Trying to get out of Sabadell in the second run wasn't happening. I only completed one qualy lap on softs, spent the rest tuning the race setup, diff settings. Reckon I could have got close to pole if I focused and practiced with softs, but ernie was very quick so maybe not the pole itself :)

I thought I had the nice P2 start but either ernie or Han had a nice lap at the close of qualy to put me P3... Not a great place to start here.

@Fiberoptix I recorded some notes on my fastest race lap. Hook a coffee to your veins if you want to watch it ;)

The main difference with soft qualy lap was La caixa could be taken in a double apex rather than the late turn in. Not sure which method is faster. The mediums cost a load of time here trying to turn left. Could maybe be improve with the setup.

As I raced completely by myself for the whole 60 minutes.
The first 2 laps on mediums were fastest, then the remaining 20 laps were a bit off, but they're about, I was by myself, so concentrating was an issue., especially with a car that punishes that approach.
So had 22 laps on the pace and as Brian said 2 laps with tyres in the red with pace very limited.
Then 5 laps on the pace with soft, then 4 laps thereabouts.
I had no overheating tyres at all. And when they did complain you could hardly miss the big red bars in the tyre app.
Any problems I had were all self-induced, you could not afford any relaxation at all, mainly due to grip and brakes not allowing any variance as you get in GT3.
Han and i were in the same car, from what I heard on discord he did not get the same from his car
but he was certainly more consistent.
I had two offs in the race, but that is the advantage of being last and by yourself, did not matter one jot.:roflmao::roflmao:

@Fiberoptix I recorded some notes on my fastest race lap. Hook a coffee to your veins if you want to watch it ;)

The main difference with soft qualy lap was La caixa could be taken in a double apex rather than the late turn in. Not sure which method is faster. The mediums cost a load of time here trying to turn left. Could maybe be improve with the setup.

T1 bit me a few times rolling over the curb at the end of the trail brake, even a gentle bump and any pedal input sent you spinning. The marker you used was better, I was counting down from the 200 board and didn't notice that. T4 I was braking at an angle towards the Apex earlier and dropping it into 1st out of T5. I was taking a different line through T10 and turning in much earlier. I knew I was losing time there so can see in your replay why. T12 I was running further out to get a sort of double apex and be ull on the throttle on the exit but I guess using more track. Struggled to get that one right, it reminds me of Luffield at Silverstone. Useful video though thank you. How much wing did you run on the Saleen?

Last edited:

Latest News

Back