AC Round 11 of 23 Formula Agile@Silverstone Thu, 6th July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

abecede

Premium
silver.jpg

NEW APPLICANTS WELCOME!

On July 6th, four days before the Formula 1 event, we will drive in Great Britain on the Silverstone GP Ring made by Kunos. Join the practice server for some quick laps!

First, there is an optional 60 minutes practice session, then a qualifying session which lasts for 20 minutes (plus a bit for people to finish their current hotlap).
The race format for this round is: two 25 minute races, pit stop is NOT mandatory. The second race has a starting grid reversed from the result of the first race.

Further info can be found on the championship page by clicking on the purple button EVENT DETAILS at the bottom of the page in the Silverstone event area.

Wow, feel so great to drive here with this car, addictive! ️

But such a tough circuit to learn. I feel like this is the hardest track to get a grasp on of all the tracks we have raced so far. After over 20 laps, I still have no clue how to drive this thing. This is even after watching the many videos on how to drive this track:(

I can sort of image this is a great track to drive, but so far I feel disoriented in it. I also couldn't spend much time on this track because I was preparing for the GTM race. Hope I can get to grips with it in the next couple of days. Exhausted from the GTM race, so will have to start on Mon. Fortunately, we have Tue off in US:)

But such a tough circuit to learn. I feel like this is the hardest track to get a grasp on of all the tracks we have raced so far. After over 20 laps, I still have no clue how to drive this thing. This is even after watching the many videos on how to drive this track:(

I can sort of image this is a great track to drive, but so far I feel disoriented in it. I also couldn't spend much time on this track because I was preparing for the GTM race. Hope I can get to grips with it in the next couple of days. Exhausted from the GTM race, so will have to start on Mon. Fortunately, we have Tue off in US:)
You could try to jump in the car with an other driver on the practice server to see which gears are used, where the braking points are and find the optimal racing line. With discord it’s easier to talk you through. I’d love to show you some things and share setup etc, but this week is quite busy for me, so I’m not sure if I can do more laps this week. I’ll let you know when I’m on the server by pm, ok?

And off course there are way faster guys then me out there all the time, so just jump in the cars with them.

Last edited:
So that´s on the PostIt`s on your dashboard. :p

I´ve seen this trick while doing RCN paddock duty, the driver had his raceplan glued to the door card with a tear off for every lap.
Ah yes....................the old post it post note glued to the door card trick.............................

Here's my race plan for tonight's race...........................:D

post it note car-453788687-1024x1024.jpg

I think you are pulling my leg here, dear friend, this is surely a prank?

(See what I did there? :p)
RCN is a strange series where you do

In lap
Set lap
Confirmation lap
various numbers of timed laps
Confirmation lap
Outlap

Potty Break

Repeat.

So it's rather easy to get confused and Mix up laps

Edith because of ****ing autocorrect

Last edited:
Aero 13-9, height front 0, rear 1, not sure about other settings, not at the pc right now.
Thanks. That's the direction I was going.
Tire pressure down.. suspension softened a little?

Still having problems getting my wheel deg rot/lock setup and driver position right; But do have all the basic apps in and configured. Thanks to everyone for all for all the help!!!!!

When in the pits these are the static pressures.
Front L-R 18 20
Rear L-R 16 17
Never mess with tyre pressures Bob, they can only be right as you cross start finish line, sometimes you want the correct pressure for one corner, that is a rare occurrence.:)

When in the pits these are the static pressures.
Front L-R 18 20
Rear L-R 16 17
Never mess with tyre pressures Bob, they can only be right as you cross start finish line, sometimes you want the correct pressure for one corner, that is a rare occurrence.:)
Good to know, sims I've done a lot of racing in the past (Race, rFactor 2, iRacing) particularly with specific mods you can get a ton of rear grip with lower proessure at the expense of sqwuishier handling. In other cases, used to have to do a lot of tire pressure changes to get the center temps close to optimum to maximize grip and minimize wear. So the track default pressures are good to go. Good to know.

Thanks everyone for your patience and assistance in learning all of the "secrets" of AC.

Last edited:
Yea found that awhile ago.....and I don't like any seat position (yet) LOL :D Just not comfortable driving yet. It's been a long time, but it's coming back. :) Out of curiosity: are you really usinf a 37 deg FOV?
Yes, my screen is 3440×1440 and the distance is about 70cm from my eyes.

You run triple monitors Bob, you just need to set it up for triples, should be on the menu on the right when in the race. You initially set it up in the main Ui. Then finally set it up in the left menu when in race mode.
I alway put the distance to 500mm irrespective to the actual distance from the monitor.
I think it gives a better perspective, even though I sit 60cm away, I see that Han is 70cm, but his screen is larger than my three 24” monitors, although not in total width.

If you know alll this then obviously ignore.

Bob,

don´t give too much on tyre temp distribution.:O_o:

The AC tyre model is hopelessly outdated, I read somewhere it uses a small contact point instead of a varying contact patch. So the sim does not react to pressure/camber/toe changes like an irl tyre would.:(

Just get pressures into the working range (green numbers in the AC tyre app) and concentrate on not cocking up Maggots/Beckets (again):rolleyes:

Bob,

don´t give too much on tyre temp distribution.:O_o:

The AC tyre model is hopelessly outdated, I read somewhere it uses a small contact point instead of a varying contact patch. So the sim does not react to pressure/camber/toe changes like an irl tyre would.:(

Just get pressures into the working range (green numbers in the AC tyre app) and concentrate on not cocking up Maggots/Beckets (again):rolleyes:
Thanks.....About to start practice again, made some progress last night but nothing is quite right, view, FFB,wheel lock etc......

1st sim race in ~4 1/2 years....I have simple goals for today
1) Start race 1
2) Not be the cause of or involved in any inndicents
3) Streetch goal: Finish Race 1
4) beyond that it enters the rehlm of hallucination not goals :)

It's 100deg F in Portland today (unusual) my "Man cave" is upstairsa where it's more like 120 LOL If I go dark, I've passed out in the chair LOL don;t handle heat well..........
Ready to Rock!

Latest News

Back