Status
Not open for further replies.
May have to sign new contracts.

Audrey engine - 0cr
Brridgestone Tyres - 300PR + 100cr

Engine Testing x1 - 500cr
Research for next season - 350cr
50cr left

The percentage dropped, but no one is talking about those that joined in Race 2/3/4 and have forgotten and let their cars retire due to not taking part properly/missing days etc

@kedy89 - A double podium and now you are leading both championships. What do you feel?
Relief to have finished this race with both cars. The lead is a nice extra, but we're only at the halfway point. This is far from being over, even is @Sasha Jednak says other :p (the last time you made a statement like that I got a double dnf the following race...).

@Omer Said nice approach with the bidding. Will team status also play a role? I mean it's highly unlikely a top 3 driver would sign for a bottom team for only 500 more.

Buys to follow.

@Manolis Sigoulakis - Was the conditions too much harsh? Normally steady and smooth Grips suffered retirements after many mistakes today. Are you angry with the race officials for not red flagging the race as the rumors say so?
More angry with myself. Shouldn't let the damage get so high. Shame, as this was my favourite track.

Mercedes - 500cr (with my 300 PR Points it becomes 200cr)
Pirelli tyres - 400cr
Chassis upgrade - 500cr
Durability upgrade - 500cr
Wet training for both drivers - 2x400cr=800cr

100cr left.

GAME :(
Race1: 8/27 finished, 29.6%
Race2: 8/30 finished, 26.7%
Race3: 9/33 finished, 27.3%
Race4: 9/35 finished, 25.7%
Race5: 6/28 finished, 21.4%
I understand that weather affects mistakes and that reliability can cause terminal failures, and it is okay that percent is lower in the last race. But it is to much to have less than 30% finishers in the completely dry races. So could you @Omer Said , please tell me when do you expect that we achieve drivers and engines level to have great racing which is not decided with failures and by regular mistakes on each pace other than safe? :unsure:
Until then, BRT has faster car, Ronnie has more speed than Ric and they have much more money. So only way to beat them is that they retire and I don't won't that kind of win. @kedy89 , congrats on championship!:thumbsup:

I'm staying in the game, but I just want to race, and for last 2 seasons I have lost more races due to failures (from the top 2 spots) than I have won.:thumbsdown: So from now on I will just play with Milos and Alonso in the pits.:p
As Aidan pointed out, many dnfs easily could have been prevented.

dnf due to chassis fail, engine burn, out of fuel
r1: 11
r2: 8
r3: 10
r4: 10
r5: 10

Not counting dnf due to collision and crashed out, as they're difficult/impossible to anticipate, also collision has varying damage.

Relief to have finished this race with both cars. The lead is a nice extra, but we're only at the halfway point. This is far from being over, even is @Sasha Jednak says other :p (the last time you made a statement like that I got a double dnf the following race...).
I have lost the paper with black-magic that I used than, so can't repeat it.:D

Also, I haven't forgot about managers who joined and left and thus left their cars to fail.
DNFs are in this order: engine,chassis (100% managers fault), fuel, crashed
Race1: 8 - 10(6) - 1 - 0
Race2: 14 - 5(2) - 3 - 0
Race3: 13 - 10(5) - 1 - 0
Race4: 9 - 11(4) - 0 - 6
Race5: 6 - 12(7) - 0 - 3
Now this is not 100% reliable as I am not sure how many different fails can be (that only Omer knows).

EDIT: I have counted collision into chassis fails, but that is not 100% managers fault, because you can't predict how much damage it will take.:thumbsup:

• Deleted member 161052

@airutonpurosuto8912 - You gave some angry interviews after the race. Possibly towards Mercedes we think, so a new engine supplier is on it's way for Canon Racing?
You know...
"Andy Black denies angry interview after Kamui's retirement"
...I've botched my race when I didn't saw Kamui's chassis was getting screwed up. If I pitted earlier, I would make it to the finish line.

Also, I haven't forgot about managers who joined and left and thus left their cars to fail.
Now this is not 100% reliable as I am not sure how many different fails can be (that only Omer knows).

EDIT: I have counted collision into chassis fails, but that is not 100% managers fault, because you can't predict how much damage it will take.:thumbsup:

It is a bit hard to find a balance in this. But as i said before, it is either extremely low or this. I can't do anything if a car gets engine problem even if it has a chance of %1-2. Next season i will probably switch to the extremely low style as many managers seem to favor that. But can't make the switch mid-season. So expect such unexpected engine problems all the time, is all i can say. But when you compare Ferrari ve Mercedes engine fails, you will see that Reliability Upgrade makes a huge difference. So it is not wholly random after all.

I am also aiming to make a more detailed chassis damage system which takes parts seperately and more realistically. It might be hard to implement, but i will try.

@kedy89 - I don't want to prevent a new entry or low championship position team from getting a big name. It would make sense to implement such a system. But currently i don't want to make it more complicated than this. (Partly for my sake, partly to allow surprising driver signings)

I'd say fuel also is 100% manager fault.

It is a bit hard to find a balance in this. But as i said before, it is either extremely low or this. I can't do anything if a car gets engine problem even if it has a chance of %1-2. Next season i will probably switch to the extremely low style as many managers seem to favor that. But can't make the switch mid-season. So expect such unexpected engine problems all the time, is all i can say. But when you compare Ferrari ve Mercedes engine fails, you will see that Reliability Upgrade makes a huge difference. So it is not wholly random after all.

I am also aiming to make a more detailed chassis damage system which takes parts seperately and more realistically. It might be hard to implement, but i will try.

@kedy89 - I don't want to prevent a new entry or low championship position team from getting a big name. It would make sense to implement such a system. But currently i don't want to make it more complicated than this. (Partly for my sake, partly to allow surprising driver signings)
Honestly think it's good as it is (the dnfs). The reliability upgrades do make a difference (only 6 engine failures this race), also allows some surprising results. Add the 100% manager fault dnfs to the finishers, and you get around 15-20 cars that make it to the end. Sure there's no guarantee that the chassis fails wouldn't have suffered an engine fail later on, but certainly not all of them.

Get your point about bidding, still would have been nice.

Game is fine as it is. It's nonsense to change it if AWOL managers cant manage their teams :)

May have to sign new contracts.

Audrey engine - 0cr
Brridgestone Tyres - 300PR + 100cr

Engine Testing x1 - 500cr
Research for next season - 350cr
50cr left
Welcome aboard! May this deal drive us both forwards. Just for you to note, if you don't do another engine test, there will be a fine of 1200cr for breaching the contract.

Hope it's OK @Omer Said

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree on first part Toby, it wasn't clear as I wrote, but I counted manager fault for chassis in braces and for fuel also.:thumbsup:
But I don't completely agree on second part about DNFs. While I would like to win championships on track, I'm afraid that it will stop slower teams from achieving any good results, since faster teams would finish regularly.
(Sorry for next comparison) As for example, I don't believe that Ronnie would be anywhere near championship last season if faster drivers didn't have more DNFs that costed them more points.

Game is fine as it is. It's nonsense to change it if AWOL managers cant manage their teams :)

Welcome aboard! May this deal drive us both forwards. Just for you to note, if you don't do another engine test, there will be a fine of 1200cr for breaching the contract.

Hope it's OK @Omer Said
I've go the first done, may others also drive Audrey forwards

As for example, I don't believe that Ronnie would be anywhere near championship last season if faster drivers didn't have more DNFs that costed them more points.
exactly, Ronnie had only one, Alonso and Silvestro 3.
But when you compare Ferrari ve Mercedes engine fails, you will see that Reliability Upgrade makes a huge difference. So it is not wholly random after all.
when we both had equal amount, they didn't retire and we did :giggle:
And even when we reached the amount they had in R1 and bettered it. They didn't retire and we did. Again.

Agree on first part Toby, it wasn't clear as I wrote, but I counted manager fault for chassis in braces and for fuel also.:thumbsup:
But I don't completely agree on second part about DNFs. While I would like to win championships on track, I'm afraid that it will stop slower teams from achieving any good results, since faster teams would finish regularly.
(Sorry for next comparison) As for example, I don't believe that Ronnie would be anywhere near championship last season if faster drivers didn't have more DNFs that costed them more points.
Noone would've stood a chance against you if you hadn't thrown away several races :p. I know I was lucky, dnfs always hit Stefan. WCC shows the real pace.

when we both had equal amount, they didn't retire and we did :giggle:
You know, base values are different. Stands right there in the supplier list :rolleyes:

You know, base values are different. Stands right there in the supplier list :rolleyes:
hence why I posted the second part of my post
And even when we reached the amount they had in R1 and bettered it. They didn't retire and we did. Again.
Ferrari started the season with 6 speed/1 reliability (I think)
For the last two races we had 2 reliability, better than Ferrari had in race 1 (1)

Ferraris in R1 were running agressive pace. Meanwhile Merc in the last two races ran steady and easy (not counting those who push/give all)
All 4 Ferraris finished race 1, while Merc users continued to retire. Maybe ARTs would retire too this race if I didn't safe low.
And even when Ferraris retire, it's late in the race. When my cars retire it is almost never in the points. Alonso's DNF was the first in the points this season, infact.

I know there is an advantage, but it seems very, very huge :p

• Deleted member 161052

buys after this race
  • continue with Mercedes engines for 5 more races
  • research for next season for 350cr

hence why I posted the second part of my post

Ferrari started the season with 6 speed/1 reliability (I think)
For the last two races we had 2 reliability, better than Ferrari had in race 1 (1)

Ferraris in R1 were running agressive pace. Meanwhile Merc in the last two races ran steady and easy (not counting those who push/give all)
All 4 Ferraris finished race 1, while Merc users continued to retire. Maybe ARTs would retire too this race if I didn't safe low.
And even when Ferraris retire, it's late in the race. When my cars retire it is almost never in the points. Alonso's DNF was the first in the points this season, infact.

I know there is an advantage, but it seems very, very huge :p
Again, look at the supplier list, the part with the tips. Ferrari and Renault are more reliable than Mercedes and Cosworth. Going by the price difference you can expect a bigger gap. Assuming that Merc base reliability + 2 is the same as Ferrari base +1 is foolish imo.
It's not always late, see Bellof in UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back