Rate the song

Considering you completely missed the sarcasm (blatantly exposed by the smiley) due to your incredible butthurt-ness and went on whining, yeah, you're an idiot.

Oh well. Guess I shouldn't be surprised people are so stingy, with all that ego bullshit or whatever.

it used to be a nice thread for quite some time... even enjoyable with no hard feelings. Although Mohammed is constantly trying to rescue it lately, it's going slowly downwards since a few months ... I think I will take my time off

clipart-crying-smiley-emoticon-512x512-0f4f.png

Okay, let us back up a moment here.

William, I do apologize to you and anyone else I offended. Sorry for my fiery posts, it is just that I like this thread a lot. I did not actually listen to the song you posted before, I only did that to make a point which I regret.

I do hope you take back what you said about me being an idiot, because I take back what I said in my previous post. It seems my posts have struck a more personal chord than I had intended.

When I first found this thread, I liked it a lot. People posted all sorts of music, others listened to it and rated to what they thought of it. Great place to find awesome new music and discuss the merits of various songs. Above all else, I saw people respected each other.

Now see, I do not really have a problem with anyone's taste in music. I have two friends who love country music but I cannot stand that type of music, however I respect our differences. All I ask is that we follow this example. We all might not like the same type of music, but I just want everyone to respect one another.

Well, thanks for the post. I shall retract what I said and I apologise.

Still, I don't see why anyone should get so worked up when someone doesn't like someone else's music... Maybe I'm just used to people judging what I listen to ?

Also, nobody rated my song seriously :(

:D

@William Levesque 10/10 That is actually pretty darn cool! Scratch that, it is really good! Reminds me a bit of the Trans Siberian Orchestra (Also, I rated it only at the half way point)

Also, let me rephrase what I am trying to say. It is fine if people do not like others music, it is fine if people give certain songs a low rating. I am talking about disrespectful talk like, "You don't know what music is," or "You don't know what artful music is." Stuff like that which attacks the poster, not the post. If one does not like a song, that's fine, it's great that we are our own individual people. Saying stuff like, "That song sucked big time" is fine because it has nothing to do with the poster themselves, but merely the music they posted.

No hard feelings intended, just trying to explain where I am coming from.

@Andrew Boerner Not usually my thing, but I'll give it a 7/10. Nice beat.

I know it is way out of season, but give it a listen.

Just a friendly reminder, if you think this sucks, it's all good. Just don't attack me personally! That is all. :p

Just want to make clear (again?), that I was never rating people here, at least not directly, despite rating songs is a way to judge the quality of work being done by an artist after all.

I am sorry when you got offended by one of those many lines ( like: "you make me cry because you have no idea what beautiful (even artful) music is"). But hey, getting offended by those lines only shows how obstinate some people in this thread are; my impression. Apart from these sayings being said with tongue in cheek and detached from the song ratings, why don't you look at them as being a form of self-protection? This would make it much easier for you (and perhaps me) to keep this game going, rather than looking at it from a offending point of view and start pages long disputes. Just look at the first few pages to see how this game started. It was fun!

It's okay when you don't like a song. But giving a producer like Alex Barck (Jazzanova / Sonar Kollektiv) a low rating and saying there is nothing artistic about that particular song, clearly shows the lack of knowledge. These are not songs that were slapped together in one day.

So long...

Okay, I find myself apologizing once again for myself. I guess I blew things out of proportion yesterday, and I apologize for this. Yesterday was a long day, and I have not been sleeping well at all lately.

Could we all please forget all this ever happened and move on?

@William Levesque 10/10 That is actually pretty darn cool! Scratch that, it is really good! Reminds me a bit of the Trans Siberian Orchestra (Also, I rated it only at the half way point)

Also, let me rephrase what I am trying to say. It is fine if people do not like others music, it is fine if people give certain songs a low rating. I am talking about disrespectful talk like, "You don't know what music is," or "You don't know what artful music is." Stuff like that which attacks the poster, not the post. If one does not like a song, that's fine, it's great that we are our own individual people. Saying stuff like, "That song sucked big time" is fine because it has nothing to do with the poster themselves, but merely the music they posted.

No hard feelings intended, just trying to explain where I am coming from.

@Andrew Boerner Not usually my thing, but I'll give it a 7/10. Nice beat.

I know it is way out of season, but give it a listen.

Just a friendly reminder, if you think this sucks, it's all good. Just don't attack me personally! That is all. :p

Back on topic!

10/10 The instrumentals blended well! Good for X-Mas!

Some more Chinese music. I can't help myself, sometimes. I love the instruments Chinese use.

https://soundcloud.com/mohammed-ali-abidi/lvxing-1

NOTE - We shouldn't be mad at each other's preferences. Even, I fell into it, once. So, please, let us respect each other and open our ears to different music that is alien to us.

@Marcel Purschke

Take care! :thumbsup: I'm gonna miss the music you share with us for a while.

So, once again, let's try not to take shots at one another and learn to accept each other's taste.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 124 27.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 104 23.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 55 12.4%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 82 18.4%
  • Other PC related hardware