AC RaceDepartment Surprise Event!!!,Tuesday 20th September 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Shed 17 @Douglas Aird @Medilloni @gearwhine @KDiesel @Bjorn de Haas @Dzul @Krzysztof Babij @Himmelman @SimApprentice21 @thom462 @a_murel @Programmer_Rich @maxilogan @Wayne Morgan @GEO147 @pattikins @cerebralvortex @pcmoreno @RasmusP @JoelK @Partick Eaton @Fiberoptix @Aksu @demetri @Franco Becagli

Guys,

Did you all saw this event for this Tuesday? We've done it a couple of times in the past and it was very much appreciated by the participants.
You can't practice for it and the important setup configuration items are in the 1st post.

So if you have about 75 min to spare Tuesday night, sign up on S.GP with the usual password for my events.
If you do, please make sure you read the 1st post very carefully because the timing is critical.

Hope to see you on track!
Thanks for the nudge Han but I'm sadly not available on Tuesday to join you (work social) but have a good one

@Shed 17 @Douglas Aird @Medilloni @gearwhine @KDiesel @Bjorn de Haas @Dzul @Krzysztof Babij @Himmelman @SimApprentice21 @thom462 @a_murel @Programmer_Rich @maxilogan @Wayne Morgan @GEO147 @pattikins @cerebralvortex @pcmoreno @RasmusP @JoelK @Partick Eaton @Fiberoptix @Aksu @demetri @Franco Becagli

Guys,

Did you all saw this event for this Tuesday? We've done it a couple of times in the past and it was very much appreciated by the participants.
You can't practice for it and the important setup configuration items are in the 1st post.

So if you have about 75 min to spare Tuesday night, sign up on S.GP with the usual password for my events.
If you do, please make sure you read the 1st post very carefully because the timing is critical.

Hope to see you on track!

Thank you for the heads up @HF2000 Han! I'm not sure I can join but I'll do it if I have some spare time. :thumbsup:

I'm in! This Tuesday evening is free and my Wednesday starts a bit later so what's better than some surprise event?! :D

Btw I didn't get an alert. Iirc the forum software needs some other "signs" between the tags

Btw I didn't get an alert. Iirc the forum software needs some other "signs" between the tags
In this case, the problem was the age-old "edited to add extra tags after first posted". Sadly, the forum software only sends alerts for "mentions" of users when a post is first submitted. It is forever catching people out...

Not that anyone is interested, but I have moved, internet is Wi-Fi only, Rig is in bits.
Have signed up in the hope I can assemble and use the Wi-Fi for tonight’s race . So may not be able to make the secret race.

PS doe’s anyone use Wi-Fi to race successfully!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I have sometimes when my direct connection failed.
It was not a problem, to play AC doesn't use much data so your WiFi capacity is probably enough. But I don't know how stable it is.

BUT: you probably need to download the car mod and the track mod and install it before the event starts. You have 10 minutes to do that. I hope your WiFi is fast enough for that.

Last edited:
Not that anyone is interested, but I have moved, internet is Wi-Fi only, Rig is in bits.
Have signed up in the hope I can assemble and use the Wi-Fi for tonight’s race . So may not be able to make the secret race.

If your WiFi isn't through 5 walls, it should be totally fine!
Keeping the doors open helps a lot too!

My WiFi at home is a Fritzbox "mesh" WiFi 6. My Samsung s20 fe phone has WiFi 6 too.
5 GHz has really bad reach but 2.4 GHz with WiFi 6 has more than 10 MB/s anyway and even works when taking out the trash.
That's 3 floors below and outside of the other side of the building, lol.

Old WiFi standards can cause issues but it really should be fine! Netcodes got a lot better too.
Apart from a bit of weird movements every now and then, nothing should happen.
We'll tell you if that happens so you can keep a bit more distance :)

Being physically nearer to the servers should help you too. Back when I first started on AC I was on wifi and managed alright even with being in the US and most servers not

That's not to say I won't blame any car contact on you and your connection today ;):p

Last edited:
I still have to see if I'm able to race, I'm down with a flu and it's 50/50 whether I'll feel good enough to drive. :(

Last edited:
Download links!

In case the S.GP download links are slow, here are mirror links for the car and track. Drag one car link and one track link into your Content Manager window for easiest installation! (Choose either Mediafire or Mega.nz - whatever server is usually faster for you)

Kids finally in bed. But it's too late to join... Oh well, would have loved cruising in a nice and slow car over those illustrious fantasy Australian meadows...

The pit marks weren't displayed in my box so I haven't been able to pit. No sense to continue, I would have been very bored driving alone with Panda in such a long track for it. Something in my mods must be failing because, for the first time ever, my PC has frozen during practice (my PC costs less than 500€ but so far it had been worked like a charm). This bad luck is better today than other days.

Anyway, the idea of a surprise event is fantastic and I hope we can race more like this. Thanks Han. Unknown track for most of us probably, nice to discover.

Latest News

Back