AC RaceDepartment Surprise Event!!!,Tuesday 20th September 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1663244403928.png

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

For even more fun this week, a surprise event. You don't know what car and track you're going to race until a few minutes before the event starts. It's the same for everyone, so which driver can learn and adapt best in this event! So sign up to see how you will cope in this situation. The only thing you can be sure of is that it is NOT a race with the Ford Transit at Barbagello.
Of course you can't practice for this event so it will cost you only about 75 minutes in total.

Other information:

• Car and track will be changed 10 minutes before the even starts so there's time to download and install the mods from the S.GP event tab MODS. SO BE ON TIME TO DO THIS!!!! We will try to have links available to speed up the downloading. These links will be posted here about 10 minutes before the event starts!
  • Practice will be only 4 minutes (1 lap)
  • Qualify will be only 4 minutes (1 lap)
  • The car has very few setup options. PSI for the tyres and fuel for the race will be in the event information below.
  • Tyre wear is at 10% because it's unknown if the tyres will last.
  • If you have questions, please post them in this thread.
  • Password for registering will be the same as for the Wednesdays events. If you don't know that, please post in this thread and I will send a PM with it.
  • The normal rules apply for this event.
  • This event will not be ranked.
IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: there will be no practice server
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 21:00 CEST, 20:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 4 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 4 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: not the Ford Transit
  • Track: not Barbagello
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 10%
  • PSI tyres : 23 LF, 22 RF, 23 LR, 22RR
  • Fuel for the race: 32 liters
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
All,

Because I already did two laps with this combo to get the tyre pressures and fuel capacity as mentioned in the 1st post, I would have an advantage on you all. So I will skip qualify and start at the back to compensate for that.

REMINDER: PLEASE LOOK IN THIS THREAD ABOUT 10 MINUTES BEFORE THE EVENT STARTS FOR THE LINKS OF THE MODS! ALSO AT THAT MOMENT I WILL HAVE MADE THE CHANGES ON S.GP SO YOU CAN ALSO GET THEM FROM THE MODS TAB ON THE EVENT. THE LINKS WILL BE FASTER PROBABLY.

Last edited:
Han, could you make the practice or qualy longer? I say this because it always takes me more than 2 mins to join the SGP servers. Actually, I have to restart Content Manager several times until it displays the server. I think other people have the same issue so I'm afraid that we could miss the start (or start fully blind haha).

Last edited:
Han, could you make the practice or qualy longer? I say this because it always takes me more than 2 mins to join the SGP servers. Actually, I have to restart Content Manager several times until it displays the server. I think other people have the same issue so I'm afraid that we could miss the start (or start fully blind haha).
I will make it 4 minutes both. But the Content Manager problem not showing the servers is mentioned quite often with solutions of to remove the caching option or something like that.

Guys: can you help Dani with that configuration option for Content Manager?

Last edited:
This is what I have and with this my refresh button works to show the servers.
1663417726049.png

@Shed 17 @Douglas Aird @Medilloni @gearwhine @KDiesel @Bjorn de Haas @Dzul @Krzysztof Babij @Himmelman @SimApprentice21 @thom462 @a_murel @Programmer_Rich @maxilogan @Wayne Morgan @GEO147 @pattikins @cerebralvortex @pcmoreno @RasmusP @JoelK @Partick Eaton @Fiberoptix @Aksu @demetri @Franco Becagli

Guys,

Did you all saw this event for this Tuesday? We've done it a couple of times in the past and it was very much appreciated by the participants.
You can't practice for it and the important setup configuration items are in the 1st post.

So if you have about 75 min to spare Tuesday night, sign up on S.GP with the usual password for my events.
If you do, please make sure you read the 1st post very carefully because the timing is critical.

Hope to see you on track!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder Han, I did see it and will be joining later.
When you held these before they were great fun as it evens out the playing field not being able to practice or set up.:) But invariably the fast guys will come out on top, Looking forward to it.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Back