RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joining
This season brings forth new regulations. After the success of self-done liveries, we are proud to reveal the v2.0 model. The newest version can be downloaded from here. If you're not up to creating a car, feel free to join a team here already. The season has started, but we accept entries at any stage, it can be a good grounding for the next season.
the "here" bit. i'll bold it up in the real post

Yes Aidan, you are right (to disagree) :rolleyes:

Jordan - 3rd
Honk - 7th

Honk=Legendary
|
-> From Thomas Hackel, most successful driver here
-> 9 years experience
-> 3 titles (in a row)
-> one second, two third and one 4th place
-> after Red Bull most points

Jordan:
-5 years RD
-1 title

@Aidan: A link to the first page of the Forum livery maker would be useful, too, cause new guys could make their own teams, see unused cars and can freely decide what they want or to join a team of the season 20

Yes Aidan, you are right (to disagree) :rolleyes:

Jordan - 3rd
Honk - 7th
no, you see I was refering to the Toyota bit. dead serious I forgot the first line existed when clicking

@Aidan: A link to the first page of the Forum livery maker would be useful, too, cause new guys could make their own teams, see unused cars and can freely decide what they want or to join a team of the season 20
check again if you're happy, don't know what we're looking for here

SIG RULES BRITANNIA
FEATURE RACES AGAIN CREATE CONTROVERSY

1st. Sig Man
McLaren (80's) S20.png
2nd. Old Wolf
Jordan S20.png

3rd. Rami Saidy
Jordan S20.png
Sig Man raced to an emphatic victory at Silverstone, winning the home race of his McLaren team and denying a strong field of home drivers too. Sig ended up beating home a fast Old Wolf, while both Rami Saidy and Ben Herbert were penalised for pit lane speeding. The resultant 10 minute penalty due to administrative error is explained further below.
Both Saidy and Herbert kept their positions anyway, the Heineken of Alexander Macdonald still too far behind to make a late challenge. Saidy and Herbert nonetheless provided one of the best final few laps this season, with Herbert having a DRS advantage down the Wellington straight on the final lap. Saidy defended his line, and Herbert missed his braking point, running wide and gifting Saidy an easy half a lap to go for the podium.
Some of the biggest news though was the continued poor results of Online Racing. Today, OR only combined for 6 points, and thus after taking 73 points in two rounds, OR now have taken 12 in 3 races, slipping to 39 behind Jordan in 3rd and a whopping 118 behind the high flying McLaren.

But, the penalty system again came under scrutiny in Britain, with it becoming apparent that basically no-one has got the same idea. Thus, neither Saidy nor Herbert were given the full penalty sought to be imposed, as this was an error on my part. So, this is the system: You may re-post to avoid a penalty only in this way. No matter how early you post, you must wait for 10 minutes after the earliest legal time. For example, I posted start at 11:12 and pit at 12:12. I must wait until 12:23 to repost, as 12:13 was my earliest legal time. If you post earlier than 12:23, you can be penalised again, or you must wait for 12:33 etc. This system is fully dependant on the racers. If you can recognise an early post you can recognise the correct time to re-post I believe. You don't have to re-post, using the previous example, I would simply have a one hour penalty.

At a glance
  • McLaren win two in a row, continue to pull away in championship.
  • Jordan take first double podium of season.
  • OR now only have an average of 4 points from last 3 races, losing 63 points to Jordan alone during this time.
  • Sasha Jednak re-enters the top 10 at Fred Owen's expense.
  • Steven Poirer's 6th place is his best result to date, after 10th in Italy.
Results
1st. S. Man (McLaren-Honda)
2nd. O. Wolf (Jordan-Honda)
3rd. R. Saidy (Jordan-Honda)
4th. B. Herbert (Red Bull Racing-Renault)
5th. A. Macdonald (Heineken-Honda)
6th. Steven Poirer (Viper Racing-Dodge)
7th. F. Diaconescu (McLaren-Honda)
8th. B. Utzer (Online Racing-Ferrari)
9th. S. Jednak (Ferrari)
10th. O. Said (Online Racing-Ferrari)
11th. J. Laad (Renault)
12th. J. Chant (Heineken-Honda)
DNF F. Owen (Renault)
DNF T. Hackel (Honk-Ferrari)
DNF G. Ludlum (Honk-Ferrari)
Standings
S20 Championship Table Drivers.jpg

S20 Championship Table Teams.jpg

OFFICIAL RDFIA PRESS CONFERENCE
@the_sigman A great victory today, a really good battle with the Jordan drivers. How is it for the team to win here?
@oldwolf You were very close today, but never really got close enough to make the pass. You're third in the standings, can you get this?
@Rami Saidy You were penalised today, but still ended up with 3rd after a tremendous battle with Ben Herbert. What were you thinking as he went for the pass?
@Benutzername Any reasons for the dramatic loss of form for OR?​

@Rami Saidy You were penalised today, but still ended up with 3rd after a tremendous battle with Ben Herbert. What were you thinking as he went for the pass?​
That's the spirit of this Jordan Team. He looked quick in all the sectors leading up to the long straight, but as you know, the Red Bull doesn't have very good straight line speed to compensate for low downforce. I knew I just had to keep my line to defend my position, and that's what I did. No Team Orders, but I am willing to help Old Wolf in his Championship Battle ;)

Honk=Legendary
|
-> From Thomas Hackel, most successful driver here
-> 9 years experience
-> 3 titles (in a row)
-> one second, two third and one 4th place
-> after Red Bull most points

Jordan:
-5 years RD
-1 title

OK then, how are they now. It's like comparing Red Bull with Ferrari ;). Current Form or History?

P.S @Omer Said, don't merge this post as the one above is the Interview ;)

@Benutzername Any reasons for the dramatic loss of form for OR?​

Yes. As you can remember i had a crash in Germany. We thought that i wouldnt even be able to race the next races, but i tried. The results werent the best of course. But now i should be fully recovered.

But wwe also have to see that the other teams did made a beter job than us. Otherwise Omer would have finished a bit better, but he had tons of bad luck, too. Our job is now to be again fully concentrated and fit for the next races, develop some new aeros and so on. We need some upgrades to catch the others. Before Germany i was near the championship fight, now look how big the gap is... But as i said two times before, the season is long, it was just half-time... Everything can happen and we already prooved that we are able to catch the others...

@the_sigman A great victory today, a really good battle with the Jordan drivers. How is it for the team to win here?​
Thanks, it really is great to win here with all the support from the fans. I don't have a home GP, so I can say that this is my home one. Me and Florin have had great support over the weekend, and I must admit that the mistake Florin did with the setup of the car, hurt him too much and he could have gone for the victory here. The British GP is one of the most historical, and it is great for me to have my name on the winners list at Silverstone.

Thanks, it really is great to win here with all the support from the fans. I don't have a home GP, so I can say that this is my home one. Me and Florin have had great support over the weekend, and I must admit that the mistake Florin did with the setup of the car, hurt him too much and he could have gone for the victory here. The British GP is one of the most historical, and it is great for me to have my name on the winners list at Silverstone.

You might have one next season :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back