FLORIN TAKES CHARGE
McLAREN DRIVER FIRST TO TWO WINS

1st. Florin Diaconescu
McLaren (80's) S20.png
2nd. Ben Herbert +27.638
Red Bull S20.png

3rd. Omer Said +32.355
Online Racing S20.png
The results of the Canadian Grand Prix are the big topic currently, something which won't be changing for a while. With a stellar performance, Florin Diaconescu took the pole by a whopping 1.9 seconds from Ben Utzer, going on to collect a victory that none could match. Officials had to check numerous times that he was in fact on the correct lap, but soon it was official, Diaconescu wins. His victory was celebrated on the podium alongside Ben Herbert and Omer Said, both securing their first podiums of the season. Both were helped by rivals' issues, but none can deny that being in the right place at the right time isn't easy, and so both were deserving of their places. Alexander Macdonald led home Old Wolf and Sig Man to the line, James Chant soon after. Ben Utzer was a hapless 8th after a good start behind Diaconescu, but a series of problems saw him languish down below. Fred Owen can sympathise with him, starting 4th he was soon up to 3rd, but a good pass from Said preceded a mechanical fault, a lot of time lost in the pits for the Renault driver saw him sneak into 10th. In a rare occurrence, Gary Ludlum was able to start his Honk, but it lost power early on and his race was done. Thomas Hackel didn't finish much better, finishing in the next immediate position.
After the great victory from Diaconescu, everyone turns their eyes to the glorious Monaco Grand Prix. The Principality never fails to live up to expectation, the race will surely be one to savour. As for passing, that too should be savoured 'cause god knows that hardly ever happens...

Results
1st. F. Diaconescu (McLaren-Honda)
2nd. B. Herbert (Red Bull Racing-Renault) +27.638
3rd. O. Said (Online Racing-Ferrari) +32.355
4th. A. Macdonald (Honda) +34.809
5th. O. Wolf (Jordan-Honda) +35.177
6th. S. Man (McLaren-Honda) +36.385
7th. J. Chant (Honda) +36.946
8th. B. Utzer (Online Racing-Ferrari) +45.762
9th. S. Jednak (Ferrari) +47.409
10th. F. Owen (Renault) +56.579
11th. R. Saidy (Jordan-Honda) +59.834
12th. T. Hackel (Honk-Ferrari) +3 laps
DNF G. Ludlum (Honk-Ferrari)

Standings
S20 Championship Table.jpg

Last edited:
OFFICIAL RDFIA PRESS CONFERENCE
@Florin Diaconescu An amazing win, truly deserving. Are we going to see a hat trick in Monaco?
@Ben Herbert Well done on your first podium since returning. You've been consistent but can you find another level now?
@Omer Said You've seen your teammate score podiums so far, have you finally unlocked the speed in the car?
At any and all drivers: Who's ready for Monaco?! :D

@Florin Diaconescu An amazing win, truly deserving. Are we going to see a hat trick in Monaco?
I think this has been my best race in ForumRacing so far and I hope I could win the next race too, considering my last year win there. This year I think my car is more competitive and the results can be easily seen : I am in the first place for the second time in this year. But Monaco is a very hard track so if I won't be in the pole position, it will be very hard to win.

OnlineRacing is ready for it. We seem to be able to score podium positions now. I had two, now Omer had pace, too. In Canada i had a tyre puncture after beeing touched by Ben Herberts frontwing. Couldnt be seen in the TV footage, but it was a normal race incident. Of course it could be that we are off the pace in Monaco again, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. The most fantastic scenario would be a win(double?) in Monaco as a true comeback of OR. But i think we have to see how our pace is on friday, after that we can make more precise predictions, i dont want to make too high predictions.

@Omer Said You've seen your teammate score podiums so far, have you finally unlocked the speed in the car?

To be honest, i did not do something really different from the previous races. It was the team's move as they could prepared a more suitable car for me. I thank to them, that's their effort, their victory. Also we were a bit lucky too. I'm sure we will have more podium finishes, but i still think OR is not a title-contender material this season...

I will add standings and what-not in the coming day

It has been the coming day, and still no standings!

Lol, because today counts as the coming day because the time you posted that message was 12:59 GMT :D

EDIT: Turns out that was in the morning lol :rolleyes: :D

I think that race will be tight around the turns :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back