RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing that Gary has been unable to finish at all this season, if the other 12 racers finish, the race will be called at the earliest time after that.
I intend to implement this immediately, so as soon as Thomas finishes.
To clarify, this isn't unfairly against Gary or Honk, but I wouldn't mind quickening the season a little, I have 2 weeks of holidays that I intend to use well. Gary is still in the season, he is more than welcome to finish, and I am happy to revoke this if Gary can consistently finish.

Nonetheless, the race is on Countdown until Thomas finishes.

Thanks guys, hopefully race over soon

CHANT SILENCES CRITICS
STRONG VICTORY BRINGS LEAD HONDA DRIVER BACK INTO CONTENTION

1st. James Chant
Heineken Honda S20.png
2nd. Sig Man +1.429
McLaren (80's) S20.png
3rd. Old Wolf +1.920
Jordan S20.png
James Chant celebrated breaking his poor run of form with the victory champagne is Shanghai. His Heineken sponsored Honda racer was able to take the lead before the pit first pit stops, before roaring onto a glorious victory. The back straight of the Chinese circuit ultimately proved critical, the Honda engines were able to easily breeze past the Ferrari and Renault competitors on race day, a fact proven by the top 4 all being Honda powered (Chant, Sig, Wolf and Diaconescu). While Chant was busy thanking his team, Sig Man was able to leap frog his teammate with 2nd to Florin's 4th, while Old Wolf took Jordan's 3rd podium in 4 races, and every sprint race. Ben Utzer continued his renewal of form with a strong, if somewhat disappointing 5th, while Ben Herbert was wishing for more power from his engine in 6th. Omer Said took a handy 7th, holding out Fred Owen and Alexander Macdonald, who struggled with damage after an early collision with Rami Saidy. Saidy did well, using his Honda power to catch and pass Sasha Jednak while both Honk's had problems, Thomas Hackel bringing up the rear of the field to score a point.
McLaren used this result to blow out the constructors lead, Honda too overtook an unfortunate Jordan. Honda engines now double the Ferrari engines, a big turnaround will be needed to see this even get close.
Next the season will make a visit to North America, to the new New Jersey (that could have been better) circuit. Perhaps we'll see a 5th different winner, perhaps a championship will be blown wide open? Perhaps the circuit won't be able to handle the power of these beasts. We'll soon find out!

Results
1st. J. Chant (Honda)
2nd. S. Man (McLaren-Honda) +1.429
3rd. O. Wolf (Jordan-Honda) +1.920
4th. F. Diaconescu (McLaren-Honda) +3.362
5th. B. Utzer (Online Racing-Ferrari) +6.793
6th. B. Herbert (Red Bull Racing-Renault) +7.852
7th. O. Said (Online Racing-Ferrari) +15.527
8th. F. Owen (Renault) +15.827
9th. A. Macdonald (Honda) + 17.545
10th. R. Saidy (Jordan-Honda) + 18.352
11th. S. Jednak (Ferrari) +31.936