RACE Pro (Xbox 360)

lol You should have seen mine!! I had to resort to outside view as I couldn't see out the window :eek:

Thanks for the invite, really need to read up on the what everything does as I had no idea what was going on in that first race when the wrench came up on screen... sat parked on the side for ages trying to get it going again. Wasn't damage through crashes though so does it get engine and gearbox damage in the game?

Actually thought I was going to do ok in the Road America race but got sandwiched and spun by two AI at the first corner and couldn't get out of the gravel :oops:. Oh well i'll have a better idea next time and plan to have some decent practice this week and get hold of some of those better cars to get more used to the handling :)
I'm not sure if you can actually damage the gearbox - I've damaged enough wheels though!
The ai sure are aggressive:) during the brands hatch race I made a questionable move on one of the ai and just for good measure in the next corner I got an almighty thump back:)

Basically: If you hear your tyres squealing you're on the limit. So try to go as far as they let you.
Pretty easy to feel the limit in corners as under braking with this help.

Nice two races, but I certainly prefer Road America over Brands Hatch.
Did you spin or run wide at Brands Hatch? Could have been a good fight between us that one:(

Did you spin or run wide at Brands Hatch? Could have been a good fight between us that one:(

Surely, but I plain wasn't fast enough.
I spun once, but I didn't have your pace either.
T2 is pretty weird in WTCC cars, didn't know if I should take it in 1st or 2nd gear.
Just not my kind of track.

I nearly ran out of fuel in the second race too.
Just in the last corner it said "Nearly running out of fuel!".

Btw the accent of my engineer was pretty funny.
Pronouncing 3 as "sree", even I can do that better.. sometimes ;)

You can run out of fuel? Is there a way to control that in the game other than earlier gear shifting?

Brands turn two is awkward but I find the one at the bottom of the hill a hard one, kept running wide there!!

Surely, but I plain wasn't fast enough.
I spun once, but I didn't have your pace either.
T2 is pretty weird in WTCC cars, didn't know if I should take it in 1st or 2nd gear.
Just not my kind of track.

I nearly ran out of fuel in the second race too.
Just in the last corner it said "Nearly running out of fuel!".

Btw the accent of my engineer was pretty funny.
Pronouncing 3 as "sree", even I can do that better.. sometimes ;)
Ye I wasn't sure about T2 either, but I think a bit of setup will help there. The car seemed to coast too much off throttle but I managed it ok in 2nd gear.

Road America was fun, but embarrassingly took me about 8 laps to figure out how to approach some corners! I also got the fuel warning down the pit straight - didn't think fuel sim was on here.

Ye I wasn't sure about T2 either, but I think a bit of setup will help there. The car seemed to coast too much off throttle but I managed it ok in 2nd gear.

Road America was fun, but embarrassingly took me about 8 laps to figure out how to approach some corners! I also got the fuel warning down the pit straight - didn't think fuel sim was on here.

I'm not going to do any setups in this game, for comparison reasons,
I wanna know where I stand and where I could improve.
Also it takes too much time and kills immersion for me.

Well, it just takes 8 laps at 2:30 min to get the fuel tank empty,
so we didn't get to there yet.

Thanks for the races guys only got in to the rythem of Brands Hatch after 4 laps. Road America was better I cut turn 4 or 5 twice and got a drive thru towards the end. Me thinking all drive thru's are the same as F1 and floored in to the pits and got DSQ. I know better next time.
Some thing I notice when driving the Seat, I could hear what sounded like police sirens in the distance lol, probably something with in the car like turbo or something. Thanks for the invite Martin.

Thanks for the races guys only got in to the rythem of Brands Hatch after 4 laps. Road America was better I cut turn 4 or 5 twice and got a drive thru towards the end. Me thinking all drive thru's are the same as F1 and floored in to the pits and got DSQ. I know better next time.
Some thing I notice when driving the Seat, I could hear what sounded like police sirens in the distance lol, probably something with in the car like turbo or something. Thanks for the invite Martin.
So how are you supposed to take them then? Whenever I went into the pits I was immediately put under auto-driver.. although that was practice and not in the race itself.

Oh the sirens that was for me Gavin... I was running down marshalls ;)

lol, no way I would have missed him!! I am running the special adapted 'marshal' wheel and helmet for this race:-

spikes.jpg
04_22_08_026g.jpg

I had the Seat too. First thought it was from broken speakers of mine or something. Really weird.
It's certainly a fast car though.

Dunno how to take drive throughs either.

Haven't raced for a couple of weeks but you can pick it up for about a fiver Daniel and it's definitely worth it. I'm sure we'll be racing online with it every now and then just for the change of scene.

You can add me to the list, snapped it up for £4 in town. I had this a long time ago but I think save files will be on a old hard drive which I don't have anymore, I'll have a look and a bash on it tonight.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 132 27.0%
  • Full game

Votes: 116 23.8%
  • CPU

Votes: 61 12.5%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 87 17.8%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 52 10.7%