AC Race #3 Championship Abarth/Mazda @Deutschlandring, Wed 2nd November 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hay bales, I thought it was just concrete painted yellow. Certainly feels like that when you hit them...
Actually, straw bails aren't soft at all. I've slept on them when I was in military service with the Dutch army. One of the worst nights of my live.
I think David puts them there to protect his precious lampposts, instead of the driver.

Last edited:
Also.. how about this?

I was very surprised by this announcement given all the efforts and tests that we made in the past. I don't even remember which platform we used to race before :O_o:
Yes. Indeed. At the moment we're looking for an alternative platform to host the AC events.

I hope to do some testing with one shortly and I could use some volunteers to participate in an event on the new platform.

RaceDepartment has it's own servers. Our practice servers run on that but before S.GP we were using that also for the races. We can always go back to that but some features from S.GP are not available on those. And it cost a lot more time for the organizers.

Last edited:
Yes. Indeed. At the moment we're looking for an alternative platform to host the AC events.

I hope to do some testing with one shortly and I could use some volunteers to participate in an event on the new platform.

RaceDepartment has it's own servers. Our practice servers run on but before S.GP we were using that also for the races. We can always go back to that but some features from S.GP are not available on those. And it cost a lot more time for the organizers.

Thank you Han!

Last edited:
Well got within 4 tenths of Johns time driving the nuts off my little tin Queen,but was quicker in the last 2 sectors,the last corner up until the 3rd corner after start/fin is the Abarths strength,so my Mazda friends,drop the suspension till its on its Ass,tuck in when you can and we might just av em..

I'm thinking this track really highlights the differences between the cars but the Mazda has a chance here thanks to the hill climb section (if we don't get stuck behind the Abarths there).

Interesting race. On the straights I almost went into a "trance" at times. Felt like a game of chess. Something like: who will do what on the next move?

To Allan: I'm sure you could easily have overtaken me anywhere. But in this bobsledding passage I didn't expect it. I hope I haven't done anything wrong. Just drove my line.

Great event as always :thumbsup:

I really expected John to disappear and then be forgotten, but Kimi and Han seemed to keep John in striking distance for most if not all the race. Kimi was flying and then went through a bad patch, not sure why.:O_o:
Shame that Allan was plagued with more than his fair share of bad luck, it would have spiced it up, although the Mazda was probably as quick, the long straight and up hill always put into a no win situation.
As I found with with Jari, held him up in the twisty bits but the long uphill straight, that was a bridge too far.
Hoped to get Han with an under cut, but he was not falling for that..:(
Well done to both Han and John, both made no mistakes and were uncatchable.
Great racing atmosphere, great and very fair racing, was a pleasure from the word go, and go again.:roflmao:

Really good qualifying for me, lowered my PB by 1.1 seconds and got P7.

Got a good start and was keeping up with the lead Mazdas, apart from Allan, but had difficulty following the cars ahead and couldn't make a passing opportunity.

Had a battle with Colin and decided to pit early for some clear air running. This worked for a couple of laps but I started to catch up with the pack then I made a few too many little mistakes.

Once the pitstops shook out I was mid pack with Andre, Colin a little ahead and Robert behind.

Then a recovering Allan emerged from his stop and had a wheel to wheel fight through sector 1. Then my biggest mistake when Allan went wide and Andre had to avoid. I got the run and tried to go around the outside of Andre but misjudged and hit him.

That put us both into a spin, letting Allan back through and Robert also.

Last couple of laps was a losing battle to Andre, just, and a P12 finish.

Disappointed as I have better pace but can't yet maintain that level for the hour. I am improving, though.

Thanks for the race, everyone, and to Han for organising.

I will miss next weeks race as I am in Amsterdam for work but will be back for Feldbergring which is a track I enjoyed the last time we raced it.

Thanks for organising @HF2000 Han, hope all had fun :thumbsup:

Tried to gap Han early on but was far too cautious (though glad, in a way, didn't want to bin it), and Han was sooo bloody consistent. Goal was to pull 5+secs for breathing space before pit stop.

After that was so tempted to go for a PB, 2nd lap after stop saw a 42.0 come up, then fecked the last corner :laugh: Also, 2nd time ever I've had engine damage, tried to fix at the stop but didn't work.

Re starts (1st one) - I guess I won't be dish of the day for saying this, but either some are still not using Helicorsa (or similar), or don't give a toss, but moving over before a move is done is out of order, imo, it's an accident waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back