Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
2008-15070-fiat-500-abarth-assetto-corse1.jpg

Mazda-Cup-Car-Review-gear-patrol-slide-1.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

For our 3rd race we go to the Deutschlandring, Hitler's race track!

Commissioned by the Führer himself, it was intended as a formidable competitor for the Nordschleife. It was partly built by prisoners from a nearby concentration camp and the German Grand Prix was planned for 1940. That never happened because of WW2 and after that the track was behind the Iron Curtain. The circuit is now part of the existing road network with a number of adjustments to limit speed and increase safety.

This dark history aside, it's a great track with three very different sectors. A long straight where the Abarth will be much faster. A slow sector with many hairpin bends where the Mazda will gain a lot of time. And a sector with fast corners.

1666817870365.png

IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

If you're interested, you can sign up for the championship here:

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: same as last week, otherwise send me a pm
  • Race server: S.GP Password: same as practice server
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Deutschlandring, Germany
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Interesting video of the circuit...

I ran it at twice speed to make it a bit more realistic.

I see from the video comments that @Fat-Alfie uses these to help him create the circuit.

Last years lap record is an impressive time - a few seconds off that atm :)
Two years ago I drove the Deutschlandring myself. It was very recognizable from David's mod. My wife was impressed that I could tell her what the next corner was like.

First time driving the track this evening. Interesting track to try to work out. Fun and not quite as dangerous as other Fat Alfie tracks.

I'm way off the pace at the moment so hopefully I'll have at least one more practice session.

This could be another close one between the classes.

Or, maybe, just maybe I'm pulling your leg.
(But there's also a grain of truth in it. I was amazed how many braking zones are obsolete when you get the line right )

You are right, I found a couple of seconds last night but not braking and finding the line to allow me through without crashing. High risk, some of them, though.

Unfortunately, others have found time, too so I still have to find a couple more seconds.

I thought this race would be a lost cause, I was so much behind the top times. I still might be a lot behind (no idea), but at least now I managed to find 3 seconds in two laps. Maybe I'm finally starting to figure it out. :)

I love this track (well, every Fat-Alfie track really) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yep, that is a fact. Mazda base setup is v good anyway. If you can avoid the hay bales on the last bend and take it without lifting then you can make up loads on the run up the hill past the pits. That is what i am trying in vane to achieve. Ask Han about the hay bales, he loves to stop there :laugh:

Hay bales, I thought it was just concrete painted yellow. Certainly feels like that when you hit them...

Latest News

Back