Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
2008-15070-fiat-500-abarth-assetto-corse1.jpg

Mazda-Cup-Car-Review-gear-patrol-slide-1.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Today the first race in the @Fat-Alfie Championship 2022 with our multiclass cars. Thomson Road is David's first creation and also the shortest of his magnificent tracks.
Thomson Road Grand Prix is an historical streetcircuit in Singapore.
The Thomson Road Grand Prix circuit measures 4.865 km long per lap and runs in a clockwise direction. The circuit starts with the "Thomson Mile", a mile-long stretch along Upper Thomson Road. Halfway through this stretch of road, there was "The Hump", a right hand turn that caused drivers to lift off the ground if they sped past this bend. Behind this hump is the notorious killer lamppost on the left side of the track.

Thomson Road had many challenging features, including the treacherous "Circus Hairpin" bends and the "Snakes" section. In particular, the "Murder Mile" feature of this track derived its name from the fact that many racing accidents occurred along this stretch. Similarly, "Devil's Bend" got its name because it was the most dangerous part of the circuit.

A special thanks to @Fat-Alfie for increasing the number of pitplaces so we can have more participants in the championship.

1200px-Thomson_Road_Circuit.svg.png

If you're interested, you can sign up for the championship here:

IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: same as last week, otherwise send me a pm
  • Race server: S.GP Password: same as practice server
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Thomson Road Grand Prix, Singapore
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
Got a Checksum kick... :( I guess the track got updated since april? Gonna download it again and try once more.

Got a Checksum kick... :( I guess the track got updated since april? Gonna download it again and try once more.
Yep, David has increased the number of pit places on my request and did some for him disturbing graphical improvements.

Thomson had 24 and that would limit the championship to that.
Now we can have 30 participants (the limit of Deutschlandring).
David is a great guy. He also increased the pit places for Battenbergring when I asked him that.

Last edited:
I've not fully set up my new Fanatec gear yet and have had zero practice. (Finishing some home decorating plus I have had to use my limited DIY skills to bolt the pedals to an MDF block so that it does not move when I press the load cell pedal).

Fortunately I know the track layout but I think I could well struggle on Wednesday, we'll see.

Don't worry Doug,

Thomson Road is the easiest of FatAlfies tracks and does not feature his infamous "one Hit, one kill" lamp posts .:cool:

(Yes Darling, I'm busy, I'm post....

What, are you sur....??

Honestly??

Ok, of course I believe yo.....)

Hmmm, please strike that it seems I was missinformed and apologise sincerely for my mistakes.

Got to go Carsten

Don't worry Doug,

Thomson Road is the easiest of FatAlfies tracks and does not feature his infamous "one Hit, one kill" lamp posts .:cool:

(Yes Darling, I'm busy, I'm post....

What, are you sur....??

Honestly??

Ok, of course I believe yo.....)

Hmmm, please strike that it seems I was missinformed and apologise sincerely for my mistakes.

Got to go Carsten

Yes, I have fond memories of those from last time. Not a great track to learn my new stuff on.

Confirmed tonight I am a few seconds off the pace so I need to build confidence before I can push.

First outing of the new gear so I need to temper my expectations.

Haha, no matter the cars, AI always does this at 1st corner here... hopefully we'll be more accommodating of each other :laugh:
Jeah,

one can always hope.

(I had my biggest ****up here in T1, took out a complete class by missing my brake point by about a Zip Code.

Luckily the damage was negligeable, it were only Audis :cool:)

Must be gone, work is calling Carsten

Latest News

Back