RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

This is something I wont support. Sorry, but, I'm honestly dead tired of the default content. Doing an random event, from time to time, that I can do. I wish the were more modded tracks/cars, on a weekly basis. Not just one or two per month.

You realize we did use four different mod tracks and the V8's last month, one for an entire week? We visited eleven tracks total. The total number of mod tracks is much smaller than you think as many are drawn from other sim's and being illegal copies will not be used here. We will use mod content in the future.

Well I never thought my race was going to end like THAT!
Once again I didn't have a fast car, nor was I fast, but it handled well and I handled it well enough. I kept it real tidy for the first paart of the race, Mr Nelson got in a battle and I pushed to stay close to him. As he slowly pullled a way I backed off a bit and kept a good pace without using up tires. Mike Pitted and I blew one corner then blew away 6 seconds letting the two leaders by, bad time to make a mistake. I came out of the pitstop 11 seconds behind mike and went back into a good pace that didn't punish the tires. Too bad I had made the mistakes as we were reall close on lap times. With 22 minutes to go I decided to use the brakes. Yes, that';s right, I had never been really pressing the pedal hard to save tires. Wow, as soon as I started doing that Mikes lead began to drop, and drop, and drop. I began shortening the braking zone, how far could I go before I blew it big time, could I put enough pressure on Mike to force a mistake from him? I never lost it in a corner and I think I forced a few mistakes as well as having it over him on quality rubber.

Two laps to go, I had stopped looking at HUD info laps ago but I had made it to a passing position. Good tires vs bad and I was in a perch right behind him. Mike did a great job for the whole race and in the last couple of laps it came down to luck of position more than racecraft as to who was in a good position entering any corner. It was close racing and openings were taken, space was given places changed up and down and it was settled. For sure we had both raced our hearts out several times in the 80 minutes and though for a long time we were nowhere near passing positions or close I was never calmly puttering around the track.

Mike Nelson, a great race, thank you!

Great race for me tonight and firstly, Thank you to Aaron again for hosting this race for us. I had good pace in practise but couldn't hook up a good lap in qually so had to settle for starting on the 3rd spot. We all got away well and managed to jump Gijs early on lap one and settled in behind Aaron for a couple of laps. Managed to capitalise on a very small mistake from Aaron and sneaked past him getting better exit speed from the corner. I had to keep a careful eye behind me because both Aaron and Gijs were well with striking distance and the slightest mistake would see them both sail past, luckily I kept it together.
Aaron pitted VERY early and I suspected and undercut coming up rather than a 2 stopper, me and Gijs pressed on trading fastest sectors and couldn't build a gap. I was keeping a careful eye on where Aaron was on XD as my pit was coming up and YES he was exactly at the point where he could jump me after my stop after putting in some fast laps on new rubber. It was a great relief to see him in my mirrors rather than windscreen, less than a second behind me. :) I knew he had some used tyres versus my fresh rubber so I pushed hard to open up a gap for the final push...... I don't know what happened to Gijs but he seemed to lose about 5-6 seconds somewhere after all the stops where over. It was a great race and I had to keep pushing hard to keep the lead. I think some badly worn tyres on Aarons car allowed me to stretch out a nice lead in the last 20 minutes of the race and I see Gijs punished the worn tyres too!

Last edited:
Quali P1
Race P2

After again a bad start, throwing away my pole, i was on the hunt for justin and Aaron.They fought like dogs, slipstreaming like crazy and hitting the breaks as late as possible. Nice to see that action on the front row. :thumbsup:
I managed too pass Aaron, But Justin had some nice clean air. I could only follow the leader. Aaron pitted early and was pushing like hell. So he forced me to pit early too. But he past me at the pit exit.
Then I lost 10 seconds because i suddenly saw my desktop in front of me:confused:.
It took me 35 min to gain 5 sec back at Aaron. But then he had totally worn tires.:D.

Thanks Aaron for hosting :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Firstly a big thanks to Dennis for organizing, and to Aaron (and Justin too!) for stepping up and offering to host :thumbsup:

Wow, that was intense. And fun.

I had a pretty good qualifying session to start 4th for the race, but there was a large gap to 3rd, so I knew I could only lose places in the race :p.

Race got started and I made a pretty poor start, I got passed before the first corner, then in the second corner I was way off line and went off, I slowed a little and waited for the traffic to pass and joined the back of the queue. Got a very good exit leading into the back straight and managed to get back two spots in the corner that followed. Managed to take 5th a few laps later when the car two places ahead went off at turn one. Then had a pretty close fight with Dennis over the next few laps and very nearly lost the place.

I was slowly starting to build a lead over Dennis over the next few laps, I think I had it to about 4 seconds when I missed my braking point into the corner after the back straight, I went onto the grass and had a spin, luckily I ended up facing the right direction, but I lost about 7~ seconds, and now Dennis was in front. The gap stayed more or less constant, and my tyres were really starting to fall off. I waited until just after 40 minutes and made my first pit stop.

I was keeping an eye on Dennis's gap to see where I'd end up after he pitted, and I saw that he made a mistake. After he came out of the pits he was 11 seconds behind, which I thought would have been enough. I was wrong! :p

Dennis was catching me fast, about a second a lap, and I just couldn't respond, my first sector times were OK, but I was off in S2 and S3, definitely starting to feel the pressure, some rough calculations and I figure he'd be right on my tail with a lap or two left. I made another mistake though, on turn 3 and ended up going off the road, I lost about 3 seconds, and now Dennis was very close.

The next lap Dennis was right on my tail coming out of turn 1, and I had to drive a defensive line in turn 4 going onto the back straight, Dennis had the better drive and managed to get alongside me into the sweeping bend after the back straight. I managed to outbrake myself going into the next corner, and lost the place.

--

That was absolutely thrilling, I've honestly never had so much fun online racing so thank you everyone who participated. And thanks Dennis for that great race, you really pushed me, and I think I learned a lot. :)

499181GTClubflyer.png

Server name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTC
Car: GT Club
Track: Brands Hatch
Games: Evo

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Warmup
20:00 GMT: Race (45 Minutes)

RD Club Rules:Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:Click Here

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Justin Swan
  3. Jim Brailsford
  4. Mark Bushell
  5. Janko Balej
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
utp#10
Server is UP!

Last edited:
969365Formula3000flyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IFM
Car: F3000
Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Race, 30 Minutes

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Justin Swan
  3. Krisztián Tóth
  4. Rui F. Martins
  5. Phil Lawrence
  6. Janko Balej
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
955692MimiFridayFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini
Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Race (80 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Aaron Channer
  3. Mike Nelson
  4. Andrew James
  5. Justin Swan
  6. Gijs van Elderen
  7. Matthias Klein
  8. Jean-Pierre Blanchy
  9. Jonas Lagesson
  10. Ariciuc Razvan
  11. Janko Balej
  12. Hamed Hajmolaali
  13. Andreas Tornéus
  14. Reggie Blain
  15. Tom Naughton
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -

Server is UP!

Last edited:
I'm glad my pc held out well throughout the event running the server, was a pleasure to host.

Quali'd 2nd. Got a good start off the line, 1st into turn 1. Made a few mistakes on cold tyres (they take ages to heat up here), and settled into 3rd behind Gijs. I tried hard to overtake, but it's tricky here and I couldnt find a way around. Gave Gijs a love tap at one point into the mickey mouse chicane, not purposely, sorry about that Gijs, well held. Went for the undercut and pitted with 55min remaining. I managed to make ground on fresh rubber and got past Gijs. Almost pipped Justin too, but his pace was much better. Race went on, and tyres went off. Sooner than the guys around me, expectedly.
I couldn't hold off Gijs, so settled for 3rd. Mark woke me up near the end though :D, making ground in 4th.

Great racing once again everyone. :thumbsup:

Sounds like the race was awesome. I was so disappointed I couldn't carry on after practice. I was just in too much pain with my hand/wrist to drive. I even tried not using the wheel at one point and using my Xbox controller, but no luck. Should (hopefully) be okay in a few days and I can get back to racing.

Sounds like the race was awesome. I was so disappointed I couldn't carry on after practice. I was just in too much pain with my hand/wrist to drive. I even tried not using the wheel at one point and using my Xbox controller, but no luck. Should (hopefully) be okay in a few days and I can get back to racing.
Yeah it seems Estoril produces some good racing and would be bloody awesome with a fuller grid, maybe we can revisit here again soon? It's a shame about your hand, hope it gets better soon mate.

Reactions: Nox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back