RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I had an absolute blast, and what a good turn out.

Up until the race I was nervous and not so good on track, but when the race came I fell into a nice rhythm. It was great racing with you guys, and I had a really nice clean race. Made two mistakes, but had fun chasing down and taking back the position I lost.

Thanks Dennis for organizing, such a shame you had a DNF - every time I drove past the pits and saw your Audi there I felt for you. (If that sounds patronising, it really isn't).

Thank you Dennis for organising everything, it was a lot of fun and I met some great people and had a fantastic race.

Congrats to the podium finishers, I had a lonely race but finished up 6th which I am very happy with for my first event. Thanks Warren for getting me up to speed with all the settings for wheel and graphics etc it made the experience that much easier. Looking forward to joining future events with everyone.

Cheers Al

Enjoyed having a little practice on this track...
(others called it a race) !
A few more laps and I might start to know it a little better - it's a tough one to learn...
Made a small error towards the end of lap 1, took a pitstop, failed to fix the damage :-(
Did second lap with no front splitter, which didn't help at all, then pitted again to fix suspension / aero.
Enjoyed the drive anyway.
Congrats podium.
Cheers all.

I ran out of fuel on the last lap!! There weren't far to the finsih-line either. Grr! :mad:

I had lots of fun. Started as 5th. On the first lap, I ran into a wall, due to limited vision infront of me. I had to choose from crashing into the car infront of me, or the wall to the left. This corner, I can take it in pretty high speed, but it seems some can't.

I had an amazing fight with Michal Szabo. I was never really able to pass him in on any part of the track. A few time I was close, but he closed the door on me.. But I let him knew I was there. On the long straight I passed him. But later I made a tiny mistake and he passed me again. Back to chasing him down once again. I made a few tiny and ridiculous mistakes while trying to catch up to him. So the distance I took on him, I lost due to these things. Then I slapped myself in the face and got my $hit together. I pushed hard and slowly caught up on him once again. Then after the carousel, he must had made an mistake, because i closed in on him so fast so I got paralysed. I saw a tiny space to the left of him, and I took it. I passed him, but also tried to gave him room so he could go on. I'm not sure if I bumped him or anything. It did not feel like it and I did not hear any "crash" sounds. Up to 4th now.

I noticed I was also getting away from him. On lap 7. I was around 20 seconds away from him. But as I said, I ran out of fuel on lap 7 and left when the car died on me.

Had loads of fun thou, and I am really proud over my own driving.

What an awesome start to my career, thinking to myself that im an inexperienced teenager I thought I would never finish the race and qualifying second to last didn't seem that I would, but being in the back helped when there was chaos on the field, but 13 overall and 5th in my class I feel great, congrats to Guus and Matthias for their class wins and to Andrew James and Janko Balej for an awesome fight between us for position. Hope to see you guys in another race

What an awesome start to my career, thinking to myself that im an inexperienced teenager I thought I would never finish the race and qualifying second to last didn't seem that I would, but being in the back helped when there was chaos on the field, but 13 overall and 5th in my class I feel great, congrats to Guus and Matthias for their class wins and to Andrew James and Janko Balej for an awesome fight between us for position. Hope to see you guys in another race
I forgot that was your first race (Was only my 11th, so not too much more experience) and it was great fun swapping positions with you! Hope to see you on the racetrack again real soon! (Try the Mini Friday events, they're fantastic fun!)

Strange, I can't edit my last post...

Anyway, been looking at the replay.
First of all, I had an terrible start. At the green light I somehow I got the 2nd gear in, instead of 1st :whistling: And second, I did give Michal Szabo a push when I past him. It was not a hard one or anything like that. More like "two cars trying to fit where only one car can fit" bump. He had to go on to the grass, but he was quick out to the track again, and he did not lose much time since it was on a slower part of the track.

Good fun, great track, and these GT cars are ideally suited to it. Not for the faint hearted though, the smallest mistake can be fatal, hey Dennis. ;)

Chose to drive the Zonda since I haven't tried it before. Whilst it seemed to lack the outright horse power of some of the cars, it's handling was fairly stable, which suited me for this track.

I muffed the start a bit, which caused Al behind me to have to prop, sorry Al and to those behind him. :redface:. I spent the first part of lap 1 following (at a careful distance) and watching the pretty close scrap between Dennis and Aricuic. Sadly for Dennis, he dropped too low through the Carousel and rolled. I decided to let Aricuic go ahead from there since he was disadvantaged from Dennis's rollover. The rest of the race was spent following Aricuic, he was a bit quicker but I kept catching up when he made little mistakes. Meanwhile, I had Bob catching me, after recovering from his early off track adventure. It was a bit off-putting seeing Bob in his Konigsegg catch me at an alarming rate down the long straight (twice), man that thing had some top speed. :confused:. Each time Bob looked like catching me, I'd start to think about where I could let him pass safely, but then he would go off track and I'd get away again. Eventually Bob disappeared from my mirrors, must have really bent the Konig thingy badly this time. :p
The rest of the race was spent just making sure I kept it clean, and picking up P5 at the finish due to a couple of guys having problems in the last lap.
So the two steady Aussies managed a P5 and P6 finish, both of us were happy.

Thanks to those around me, the racing was clean and tidy, those I lapped were very courteous. :thumbsup:
Thanks to Dennis for organising, it was a very successful Event I think. :)

Last edited:
I have to agree with Ian that this basically wasn't a race for me too. Except the start which was amazing . The Gillet in front of me had a bad start and so did the BMW. Gained two positions right away and was 3rd in class for a moment I believe. Then Mark took the position back and I stayed lonely for the rest of the race. Car ahead was 30+ seconds car behind 1 minute 20 seconds. I had a planned pit stop because i knew the car can't carry enough fuel to finish the race, but I missed the pit entry and then it was sure that I won't finish. Ran out of fuel in the middle of the long straight. Didn't really matter because there was no one of a similar pace so I'd be driving alone in the class midfield anyway.
But still I enjoyed the event thanks to the guys on team speak. :)
As always I'm looking forward to the next event guys! Hope to see you all on track soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back