RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Quali: P1:thumbsup:
Race: P2

That was a thriller!:O_o::roflmao::confused:
I had some hot moments with Dennis in T1. Flew off like a cannonball. The car had a puncture, aerodynamic and a suspension problem. But the little tank was still goiing.
Pitted with 50 min to go. and ended with 2 L fuel and totally worn tires.
Congrats Pete, I think you're the only one that stayed on the black stuff.:thumbsup:
I goiing to try that tactic next time!:sneaky:;)

@Gijs van Elderen , those are the first positive comments I've heard about the race. Which cars would you like to come back to use? We've used the Minis before, the WTCC, GT Pro, GT Club, Radical SR4-252's, DTM and the WTCC '87. All in a previous lifetime of course.

I can understand the frustration of those that could not cope, but this was a real track and beyond the amateur sports car racing that happened here, Can AM racing and professional motorcycle racing also took place. Like any track you cannot expect to penetrate
boundaries and gain an advantage.. This IS a high speed track and S#!t can happen. It's about boundaries and limits and exploring them. It's what we do.

Some drivers were, I guess forced to leave, car too broken. Only about half of us made it to the finish, most just slogging along as some will/have said. I'm sorry if I picked a horrible track. I raced my heart out, every single lap, even when wee were just trying to hold it together on the last few laps, I was even then, recovering from...exploring the limits.

And it was fun.

Last edited:
Hey there was nothing wrong with the track, sure a bit of a challenge and that only because it was unfamiliar. I was looking forward to seeing how I would do, as Dave will tell you I'm not the fastest, but in a race I am consistent and that can pay dividends...But an entire race fighting a wheel that was pulling right all the time was just not going to be fun, had it been later in the race I would have stuck it out. But not from lap one :)

@Gijs van Elderen , those are the first positive comments I've heard about the race. Which cars would you like to come back to use? We've used the Minis before, the WTCC, GT Pro, GT Club, Radical SR4-252's, DTM and the WTCC '87. All in a previous lifetime of course.

Maybe you could do a USA week. There are alot of american cars in the game (street and race cars). I never tryed them. And I think you know a few american races tracks.
USA all the way! :cool:

I can understand the frustration of those that could not cope, but this was a real track and beyond the amateur sports car racing that happened here, Can AM racing and professional motorcycle racing also took place. Like any track you cannot expect to penetrate
boundaries and gain an advantage.. This IS a high speed track and S#!t can happen. It's about boundaries and limits and exploring them. It's what we do.

Some drivers were, I guess forced to leave, car too broken. Only about half of us made it to the finish, most just slogging along as some will/have said. I'm sorry if I picked a horrible track. I raced my heart out, every single lap, even when wee were just trying to hold it together on the last few laps, I was even then, recovering from...exploring the limits.

And it was fun.
Hey, don't misunderstand me. Yes, it was tough (I like a challenge). It had some very frustrating moments. I made too many mistakes. But I still had fun. I told you that on TS too! Next time you race here at a time good for me, I'll be there. I don't think the track was that bad, just that it was a difficult one (which is fine). I'll just make sure I get more practice in next time!

Last edited:
Well for my first race in a while that went quite well.

I'd done a bit of practice offline and was having trouble with turn 3, i wasn't slowing down enough and ending up in the barrier.
I had fun during the race, i had to get past Gijs as quick as possible or i fear he would have pulled away and i would crash trying to hard to catch him so i got beside him after turn 3 in eventually made the move stick into turn 4.

After that it was just a matter of keeping it clean and on the black stuff.

I do have to apologize to Bryan Rustell, im sorry for taking you out mate, i really wasnt expecting you to brake where you did and by that time i didnt have enough room to do anything, its my fault as i was the lead driver, im sorry again.

I found the track quite good, its not often we get such fast tracks with the Mini's. Im not sure how it would play out with big powerful RWD cars but id be happy to run the Porsches round there.

Thanks for setting this up Dennis, and great driving last night, was good to see you at the pointy end of the grid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back