RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well well... a nice race indeed! Spun around on lap 3 but everyone came out untouched. Managed my first overtake (first few, actually) in online racing. Messed up one of my pit stops, so had to do an extra one. Last 5 or so laps I was wheel to wheel trying to unlap myself against Arunas, as my fresh tires made me so much faster. We traded places a couple of times. Great fun! Really loved it, thanks everyone!

My car eventually settled in a sweet spot for me and was a pleasure to drive. I had a good pace and the only thing that could disappoint me would be my mistakes.

I had a very nice lap in Q, PB for here. My race start was smashing and when the bit happened in the hairpin I was set for a while. Justin came up and I let him past, he was just too fast to hold off. Daniel closed the gap and I held him off of r a bit but knew what was coming. I worked hard to give Arunas a battle and we had fun for a bit.

I had incurred a bit of damage but didn't want to fix it during the stop. Made the stop and forgot to cross it off so I ended up with a fresh car. Sloppy driving at T1 got me a SnG and I lost touch with Arunas for good.

Has a great time doing some close driving with Andrew in practice, I think it paid off for both of us during the race. Next time we need to have some coffee ready for Bryan as it was early in the morning for him!

Thanks to all, late comers are always welcome when there are lots of spaces but if you think there's any good chance, please sign up. It's easy to sign out.

I dropped out during the race.
I just didn't had any fun. I never got my car to handle well, during practice, and quali.

In every corner, my wheels just keep sliding and I lost speed and could not push or drive as I wanted. So when I finally slided out of the track, I said to myself "enough". I was angry and one point I just wanted to smash my monitor :O_o:

To Justin; I'm sorry for the bump I gave you!

I bumped Justin's back early and that should had been a wakening call for me. I just wasn't focused for this race.

955692MimiFridayFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini
Track: Birmingham Gran Prix [Download]
Weather: Dry
Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Warmup
20:00 GMT: Race (80 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Justin Swan
  3. Andrew James
  4. Bryan Rustell
  5. Arunas Linkevicius
  6. Reggie Blain Snr
  7. Reggie Blain
  8. Mark Bushell
  9. Mark Gormley
  10. Matthias Klein
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
utp#10Server is UP!

Last edited:
am i the only one getting excited, not even 24 hours before the event :D

I was earlier. But this increased tire wear will ruin it for me.
I bet the race itself will be fun thou.

I have practiced alot, but I just can't find a stable set-up for the car. The car feels like a wobbling elephant with soap under the feet's. And when the tired wear really kicks in, I just can't handle the car.

I was earlier. But this increased tire wear will ruin it for me.
I bet the race itself will be fun thou.

I have practiced alot, but I just can't find a stable set-up for the car. The car feels like a wobbling elephant with soap under the feet's. And when the tired wear really kicks in, I just can't handle the car.
I'm not used to v8s. Have to say, the balance setup I found is very different from my usual favoured stock setup due to the under steer I get here. Tyre wear will be tricky nearing each pit stop and if brakes or tyres get too hot due to a mistake...it's usually hard work winning the car back into shape.good fun tho!

Well were all in the same boat, every lap the car will feel a little different, the fuel load comes down and the tyres loose grip, after 5 laps i have to take it allot easier in my handling of the car,
i did find the front splitter on 2 did help me later when the tyres had gone past there best.
I do also struggle if i push to hard and overwork the car past my own ability.. i will settle for a nice controlled pace backing off a second over my fastest laps.. i want to finish the race..
i will be changing front and rear tyres in the pit stops.. Im no hero there im afraid :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back