RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Thanks to all of you for signing up. We haven't used this very nice track in a long time, too bad more didn't come by to see what it's like. I enjoyed watching the effort put forth by the top qualifiers, right down to the end!

My view of the race from the back fell short today, I could only watch the blue dots and check the leader board each lap. I did stay on track, a feat for me in the BMW!

Sorry about that, Dennis. I missed my braking point and locked up. Feel terrible for costing you that time. Lesson learnt though so I can avoid it happening again. I got too caught up watching where all the other cars were instead of focusing on my own. Rookie mistake.

From the first post in the thread:

IronMan Modifications
thanks to FVRFactor (FlashQld) the original creator of the mod for rFactor and to Gunthar Rowe the for the convertion to the Race 07 Series for the wonderful mod and for giving me the permission (Yves Larose) to make and use the modifications to the mod for the IronMan event. The modifications that were made are the following:
  • The fuel tank capacity is now of 75 liters compare to the 124 liters originaly.
  • The fuel consumption have been slightly increase.
  • The Hard tyres compound is not available.
  • The tyres wear rate have been modified to match the new fuel settings.

Usually RD does not use any change in fuel consumption tire wear or damage, even for the worse tracks. Seldom are our races even long enough for tire wear to be a big difference.
To make this a special event where pit stop strategy will play a part in the outcome these changes have been made to tires and tank size.

I don't like racing in the rain, never did IRL nor do I care for it in a sim, especially when it's modeled poorly. I don't enter races where the forecast is rain.

like Dennis said this is a special event where we wanted the pit strategy to play a part in the race just like in the real series. i agree the real series have a better tyres wear then the one i made but in real life for a 200 KM race they usually use the soft and hard tyres, so take for exemple the last round they were able to do around 30 laps on the soft which mean around 85 km. so if we take mine on a circuit that is longer we are able to do around 72 km on the soft tyres so if we would use the soft and the hard tyres like in real life i would be pretty close to what they would do. that said we also have to take in consideration the track surface and the temperature so in the end its pretty hard to come up to something like in real life. on another track it could be completely different and you could find that the tyres wear is way too low so i think in the end what i've made is agood compromise to do the pit strategy to play a role in the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.3%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.5%