RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Frustrating races for me. Doing well mostly. Being in back has it's advantages sometimes. Was able to skirt several group "excursions" and was turning decent times for me, hitting my points and trying to drive smooth and in rhythm. But in both races about 2/3 through, a moment's inattention had me sliding into barriers. Almost the same places in both races. Much damage. Couldn't finish the first race. Was doing well in the second, running about P8 or P9 with a shot at staying there when I take myself out (no one even in the same zip code!). :)

But I do think i'm learning. Driving with such amazing and fast racers is certainly educational. But even though it looks to me that i'm driving the same lines and hitting the same braking/turning points, I'm a steady 5 seconds or so off the pace. I hope they get that friendly development league going soon. I need some lessons!

Still, I hear the Vette calling to me. And Keith's setup sheet is very helpful. I put together a setup for the Mini with it that feels very good to me at Rouen.

Marcin was just a little bit faster than me today in the race, the gap was never more than 5 seconds, also because Marcin slowed down about 3 times to make me come a little bit closer. But I just missed that little bit of pace in the race to have a chance of winning. :)
Grats to Marcin for the win and thanks Hugo for organizing.

slightly better, Tom! We have to practise this a lot of times....i got hit again and some people didn't use the pitlimiter so they passed me before s/f line :frown: How hard can it be.

Q 13 (had to less fuel for 2 laps (10ltrs)

Race
Formation lap was still a bit messy, but better than last week
1 mtr after i crossed the s/f line i lost 7 places :damnit:
So i had to climb all the way up and after (approx.) 7 laps i got my startposition back again!
I did make a lot of mistakes, but i was playing in a open (lonely) field. The car behind me had a gap of 20 sec. The cars in the front 12 sec.

In this race i didn't get lapped............YES. That is the most happy thing!

qualified 12th. (I'm new to hot lapping) By lap 3 my F-ing PC did the "blank screen/freeze/sound loop" BS. Had to shutdown :'( I hope I didn't ruin anyone's race because of it. IDK if the car would freeze on track in that situation

PS...I know it's a fairly common issue but I've never found a fix for it. If anyone may know of a fix, please PM me.

Start wasn't correct. Lost some places on the formation lap. Next time better.
Had a lot of fun but I need to work on my pitstop. Second race in a row I messed it up. It's not rocketscience so I guess I'll get a grip on it the next race. Anyway, it was great racing you guys, as allways.

Thanks to Hugo and RD.

But I do think i'm learning. Driving with such amazing and fast racers is certainly educational. But even though it looks to me that i'm driving the same lines and hitting the same braking/turning points, I'm a steady 5 seconds or so off the pace. I hope they get that friendly development league going soon. I need some lessons!

Still, I hear the Vette calling to me. And Keith's setup sheet is very helpful. I put together a setup for the Mini with it that feels very good to me at Rouen.

Phil:

I don't know whether you have it, but it's worth getting hold of the Motec DX software. You'll find details in the Mods section of the race series forum. It'll help you get a setup pulled together for these non Simbin tracks. from then you can work on lines, braking and pace without worying about Camber, pressure etc.

Brno is almost my home racetrack, so i was pretty confident even without any training (i made thousands lap in the past at beginning of my simracing carrer) I was slighlty faster than Peter and after first laps i was slowly pulling away in stint 1. After the pits i waited for Peter to have more action :) but he cant pass me so i wait again and let him on front :) We have great battle in about 10 laps, its not easy to pass on Brno. Finally i made it to overtake Peter after nice fight, and i bring the win home :)

Thanks Peter for fantastic race! Im driving in iRacing only from 3 weeks and almost forgot how much fun gives Simbin platform :)
Thanks also Hugo and RDStaff for this event, cu next time ;)

qualified 12th. (I'm new to hot lapping) By lap 3 my F-ing PC did the "blank screen/freeze/sound loop" BS. Had to shutdown :'( I hope I didn't ruin anyone's race because of it. IDK if the car would freeze on track in that situation

PS...I know it's a fairly common issue but I've never found a fix for it. If anyone may know of a fix, please PM me.

Yes,i know the feeling.....:mad:
Havent got a solution for you .:confused:
Updated my driver for my gpu last week,so far so good but i'm not yet giving a party......:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is on your wishlist for ACC Evo

• Free roam

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Online service

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Advanced feature AI

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Graphics

Votes: 6 24.0%