RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Haven't driving the caterhams for awhile had forgotten how much fun they are :). Had some great battles with Michal in the first race n1 mate great fun :good::D. Over all a cracking nights racing. Cheers Yves for hosting cya all next time :).

Well this was fun!

Qualified 6th out of 11, perfectly good for me as i have never driven the track nor the cars. I guess i could only achieve such a good (for me) ranking due to Yves, who was so kind to provide us all with an excellent setup. Thank's man :)

R1: On launch, Artur (P7) managed to overtake me right away. But he got out in the very first corner, giving me back my position. before the first strait, someone else got out so i got 5th. Still in first lap a third guy followed that destiny... 4th. I messed up the following corner a bit and Frans who was right behind me managed to slip through perfectly, making me 5th again. In the first chicane on lap 3 I could take back that position in the same style, which made me very proud because it was my first "real" overtaking in that race, and EVER out of my 2 online races :p We switched places yet another time in that lap until he spun out. In that exact same corner Dariusz overtook me, so 5th i stayed. Dariusz was kind of surprising to me, because on the straight a few seconds ago i saw him as a little pixel in my rear mirror. That guy came along like thunder Oo. He cleared out from me and i did the same thing from the guys behind me, leaving me 5th in a major gap both to the car ahead and behind me. It remained like this for the following 8 laps so my finish was 5th.

R2: I started 4th but messed up my launch terribly, making me 9th before the first chicane. But after the first chicane, i was 4th again because the whole group was just struggling and i managed to get through them all. Yves was the dude behind me and i knew it's only a matter of seoncds until he overtakes me leaving nothing behind but a big dustlcoud. And that is what happened. I lost another few places in that lap and in the corner before the last chicane, i had an incident with Marcelo. I steered right into him as i had no clue that a car was next to me. Marcelo could recover from that slight contact indeed, but Rafael - the 3rd guy in that group - had no more time to react and ran right into Marcelo, kicking him out. The whole thing was kind of my fault.. So Sorry Marcelo! I managed to overtake Freddie in this second lap making me 5th, but in the next lap i got 6th again as Jay overtook me. For the next few laps nothing happened, but Rafael was slowly catching up until a point where he was right behind me. Somewhere in the middle of the race he got out in the last chicane, and i was happy i had a little free space again. But in the next lap he was once again behind me - and once again he got out in the last chicane. This time something major must have happened because i have never seen him again for the rest of the race. Rafael, I hope it was not my fault you got out there 2 times in a row, i mean you were faster than me i hope you don't think i cut you off by purpose or something! Well, after Rafael was gone there was no more pressure, nor could i catch up with the guys in front of me so i was just doing my laps, and finisched 6th.

Event result: 5th - for a noob like me that was a real achievement :)

Thank you all for that great race, cu on track soon!

That's ok Thomas... it happens..

It was my first race with those cars and at that track too...and I was using the default setup, so my car was a lot slower than others, even in straights, I was just "I know I'm a nobb, but why is my car so god damn slow?".. so I wasn't expecting anything better than last position.. lol.

But nonetheless, that was fun! Seeya on the next race.

Done that for you Georgios

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2011-01-16 00-07-47-93.jpg
    Race_Steam 2011-01-16 00-07-47-93.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 180
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 288 18.2%
  • Socks