RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

meh - that event was alright - had its ups and downs

qually -18th

race 1 - 18th - 12th in the first sector - few bumps around me but kept going and made a few mistakes to drop me back down - pitted early and it would of payed off had i not ran wide into turn 4 a few laps later and lost then 19th and a shedload of time and presently lost 20th aswell but as we were about to get lapped i tryed doing a door to door through the last chicaine and it would of payed off but i caught a wheel on the grass or something and spun right off the track and lost 20th and got it back after a drop out

race 2 - 20th 12th again in the first lap and got a big shunt in lap 2 or so and lost some places and then mistakes took their toll on me and i dropped down and down into 20th after pitstops but i was catching sbordoni all the time and eventually got through [yay!!] but then - as par my rd career that when something goes well something has to go bad almost instantly - while running wide to let keith passed i rejoined the track so i wouldnt lose so much time but unfortunatley frans was there at the same time, he spins and i wait off the line so people can still get through [to lap us] and rolled onto the grass, when frans had his position back i was stuck in a ditch on the side of the track and i tryed to get out but to no avail and i hit esc as the last few people crossed the line so as not to be selfish.

all in all it was my own mistakes that cost me a possible top 10 in both races but theres always next time

First off, I think I missed half of the races as all I drove in was rain, in the wet and on wet tires. What happened to the 50% DRY that was by implication advertised?

By the way, I absolutely hate driving in the rain, hated it when racing for real and still find no pleasure in it, lol!

So, I had no car for the track and not much of an idea about what to do to gain grip but grabbed my wrenches and set upon the car. I played with it till my knuckles were bloody and still had no pleasure in the drive.

Quali: I kept it on track!!!

R1: Avoided getting into trouble on L1 and had some good times in the presence of Gar M, Murat E, Tyler and Dan and a lap or two with Bob Miley. I think all finally got by me, yup for sure, even though I was al over the track. After my stop I was sure I was on slicks but I saw the list during the stop and it was wets for sure!

Hoping for dry weather, I checked the track status sever al times waiting for the next race. Loaded my dry car and set the pit preset for slicks, checked the weather and went back to the rains, checked the status again, checked the status again. Something must be wrong, it hasn't changed to dry yet, let me load the dry stuff again and see, maybe it will change at the last moment! A look at the grid thru the monitor did show a raining, sopping wet track so load up the wets and the wet preset again and head to the track.

R2: I avoided a lot of trouble at the start and again sliding awkwardly around the track watched cars come up from behind, close and pass as I slid to and fro about the track. Once again the pitstop seems to get me a worse handling car and all I could do was to try to drive tidy and stay on the track.

Did I mention that I hate the rain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 286 18.4%
  • Socks

Votes: 852 54.7%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 76 4.9%
  • Shoes