RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Race 1 went ok, despite been pushed off. Finished 14th.

Race 2, didnt even make it to turn 1. There was an incident up ahead, someone went into the barrier and then into another car. I had to brake, but hit the other car, no where to go. Turned around. Then Freddie, I guess unsighted, slammed straight into me, lost a front wheel, and upside down. Race over.

Race 1: First went off the track after the bump in the fast right hander. Then I hit Bob in front as he spun in a crash with someone. Got my car damaged. Went on for a few laps with a de-centered steering, then left the track again and got a puncture. Went back to the pits and repaired everything. I couldn't do the same laptimes I did in practice and quali, but I saw the front runner guys were pretty close to their bests. So I changed hard tires to softs for second race. Didn't mean much so I guess it was my change on the caster setting that I made last minute ("thinking, I have too much camber, but I can't lower it, what should I do?").
Race 2: Fine, saw some pretty serious crashes ahead me, but I could fortunately stay out of them. Was 9th until lap 10 when I went offroad again in the fast right hander after the bump. Finished 11th.

Thanks Yves and RD for putting this event up!

Race 1 - great chasing Carl Middleton, but so hard to pass round here without forcing it or the person in front giving room.

Race 2 - stop start until round T1 then a great run to the finish.

Thanks Yves and RD - can't wait for the Cats round here tomorrow!

Nice track, and a great mod. Good choice Yves.

Race 1: started well and held Yves off for half a lap before he got tagged. Created a lead but Pawel was closing me down and eventually he got past on the start/finish straight. Followed close until the finish.

Race 2: got another decent start, and with a slow car ahead i moved towards the pit wall to squeeze through, but the gap closed up and i tagged the back of him, which took me into the wall and across the track. Somehow no-one hit me, but not the most successful of starts. I'm sorry if it affected anyone, i guess when so many cars are fighting for the same piece of track this can happen. Rejoined and passed a few spinners, and settled into a battle with Bob, Nige, Kelvin and Peter. Bob went off at T1, Nige & Kelvin had a 'coming together', and Peter put up a solid defense for many laps before eventually going off on the 3rd to last corner. Good job Peter, you were quick at the most crucial overtaking points!

Cheers Yves for the event, see you all next time

Nice event, thanks for putting it up Yves
My first event with the Oz V8 mod on a track I like very much (unfortunately I race very little here), an old school track, a “drive with accelerator“ track perfect for RWD powerful cars.

Qualifying (12th)
Did many laps in the 18’s, none perfect, really felt I could have went into the high 17’s… A little above middle of the field start position, fun assured :cool:

Race 1 (DNF)
The most entertaining of them... Early on gained 2 or 3 places and spent all race fighting for 6th to 9th place and that all important 8th place for the 2nd race.

By lap 10 (was 7th) by my own mistake went straight into one of those concretetyre barriers”… instant silence form the engine department… I’m sorry virtual car :redface:

Race 2 (6th)
Starting deep in the grid, 18th and losing a place right from the word go, promised much fun for the race as like many I prefer fighting from the back to front than form the front to rear (more moralizing I think :wink:).
First 2 laps took it very carefully and managed to avoid all the “precautions” in front and was 9th or 10th when the race finally “settled” .
By now I was sure I had one of the quickest cars going straight in the event and that helped doing a few draft overtakes on the only place possible for that.
Climbed to about 7th/8th, from then on it came the “dull” part of the race as I was losing a bit every lap to the front and the opposite to the rear.
By the end, with a few unfortunate mistakes from others to the front managed to climb to 6th on the final laps of the event.

Congratulations to both race winners and podium goers, thanks everyone who took part, especially those a raced near me (some of hum are the usual suspects from my latest RD events).

Cheers,

supeb mod and a great track :cool:

Race 1. very tight on the grid but i was able to hug the wall and stay out of trouble, was having a great race till i spun out in the final corner and as i was a recovering i acidently reversed on the track thing i was reversing into the slip road, i know 1 car hit me very sorry for that but i just lost all sence of direction. i limped road with a punture but was a total noob and took 3 attempts to get my tyre fixed :rolleyes:

Race 2. started near the back, again at the start lots of cars banging doors and i had to take to the grass to avoid it. but got my head down and started to make my way up and was in the top 10 when Kelvin had a problem with his internet conection while close to me and knocked off at T5 i hit the barriers hard and got a punture i was to angry to continue. but i spoke to him on TS after the race and its all ok now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 235 17.8%
  • Socks

Votes: 719 54.6%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 60 4.6%
  • Shoes

Votes: 163 12.4%