RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, yet again some idiotic driving by some I can see after watching the replays. For goodness sake people, get a grip, this isn't GRID's Destruction Derby your racing here.

I had some fun, when I had confidence in the car. But I think I'll stay away from production car events from now on. Sorry to anyone I hit, my internet was doing something weird. Verifyed by the fact that, ten minutes after the race, my BT Home Hub lost all connection to the internet. So sorry for that, not much I could've done.

Cya all next time in, a racing car.

No, more like Callan was a little moody today with stuff like not letting Ross Conlon sign up.
He didn't follow the rules that every other reservee repsected and followed, even after several requests, why should he be an exception? Besides there was only room for four reserves at 10:30GMT and he was 5th. Tough, I posted specifically what would happen. I don't need to spend my own practice time chasing around other members.

Some people's licenses seriously need to be re-voked, and there needs to be some way of clamping down on the utter stupidity of some drivers.

Perhaps you haven't noticed the infraction system?! They continue to act in this way they get banned. I know of a few who will be gone soon. The problem is if no-one reports a situation it goes unpunished as we cannot and will not sieve through every replay looking for trouble.

Yet there was a spot 5 mins before Quali. Get a grip Ryan. Coming up with random rules isn't your job, when it comes to letting reserves in or not. Ivo's event, not yours.
Which I think you'll find I had to take care of as Ivo was away.

They are not random rules, they were very specific and absolutely in line with other events, running reserves is not even mandatory, I could have allowed none, in fact I may in future as people cannot co-operate. Ivo does not run 'running' reserves so i was being generous and look what it gets me, just criticism. There was a spot 5 minutes before quali and if he had followed the rules I may have let him in. But he didn't, he acted stubbornly despite repeated requests. I hope he moaned his ass off on TS.

Its not my event its a RD event. And Ryan is RD Staff also so he can apply the rule about the reserves because he took over the event with sign ups etc because i asked him to when i was out of town for a couple of days. If he aplies a rule to avoid a mess in the server with people joining who arent on the list, then he can do that. If he didnt and someone took your place by joining the world would be to small.

I except to see some reports then from people.
I refuse to give up great WTCC tracks because people can't behave normal. :)

Tracks like this are the bread and butter of Touring Cars. The problem is people don't respect each others space enough. I've done a few races here at RD at this track and there have been complaints on a few occassions about the first lap, but it then proves to be gr8 for racing. Just a pity so many times people are over aggressive into T1. A little bit of rubbing should be expected, but it's the late breaking dives into people that causes all the problems. Sorry to hear this happened again as Ivo is right. Tracks like this one shouldn't have to be given up for big GT/F1 tracks just to avoid poor driving.

Well was an up and down race for me since I always lose always a lot of posisions after the mandatory pit's which I have yet to figger out the strategy behind them.

Now to this wierd race day.

Qualify: was quite since I was just learning the track. I had never driven here before and I could not get use to the track due to it's elements which made it very different from the other touring car tracks.

Race 1: Well for the start Gunther used the correct word, "a BTCC race". I was pushed from behind twice when I was trying to move up the field so instead I was droping posisions lap corner after corner. After that BTCC devil gone I could focus on the driving but I had sunspension problem so I could not avoid going wide from time to time or even change my line swiftly.
After a quite part of the race I finally found Murat and had a battle. When ever he overtook me due to my mistake I made I always got the posision at the upcoming corner. But in the end he stayed infront of me and I could not challange him any more.

Race 2: Well it was better then race one. I moved up the grid as quickly as possible but I was way to incocistant so I lost lot's of posisions after my pit and ended up 17th. (or 16th, I have actualy forgot what happen in race 2....)

It was a very intresting event, not that negative as it seemed at the first place. IMO tracks like this are amazing to drive around and challanging which brings the grid very close. Keep up the choises on tracks Ivo because I can't wait for next week's race.

u must agree...that this was not a trac suited for wtcc cars....but u;r the boss..and we folow where ever u take us

Funny thing, the DTC (Danish Touring car Championship) is basicly using the same S2000-specs. as WTCC/STCC - and as Ryan have said, Jyllandsringen is THE track of Denmark, usually hosting atleast two races during a DTC-season. And will also be hosting the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship of 2011.

I'm just happy to see a full grid here at RD :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 168 16.7%
  • Socks

Votes: 533 53.1%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 45 4.5%
  • Shoes

Votes: 135 13.5%