RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Gentlemen.

Any discussions about on track incidents etc. needs to be handled in the PM channel........It's pretty clear in the RD rules.

Hashing out details about this one did this and that one did that is pretty much breaking the rules.....

For some reason I thought we were going to be at the "other" track. I hada car setup for it and had spent time practicing.That didn't work at all here and I had joined without a lot of time to adapt. By the time practice was over I had realined myself to the track and half straightened the car out. This road isn't that bad once you drive it a while.

Q: I hadn't had any time to see what kind of top speds everyone was running and had been slow to gain speed. I pounded the ing down another notch or two and hoped it would bring speed without disaster. I worked well and I decided to keep the setup for the races.

R1 start P14: All is well till I miss mty brake point coming to Kettle Down, just a bit. Jarrod is off on the right, must have scared him, And GLenn is now outside of me either giving me room or just going wide. If it was giving room, you gave me plenty! Willi slips him beemer a bit and I go by him. L7 has Ethan making use of the good handling his Mosler affords and is pushing me hard in the turns. I can see in the replay that I'm using a bit of road on entry to the corners but really I'm not trying to be a wideass, its just the poor driver in me[I try to leave room for a pass till the last seconds and then try to retake the ground for the corner[I think]]. In the next lap JArrod and Eric catch up with him and under pressure I end up wide out of the carusel letting Ethan by. I goof up the 2nd to last turn and Jarrod matches me on the straight. With him on the inside I do my best to defend with good braking and line but go off allowing him and Eric past. That was fun but I try not to go off again for the rest of the race.

R2 start P11: T1 is a disaster as a game of "tag" in T1 has me in the grass. I can handle that but unknown to me at the time my handling has disappeared but I attempt to get get back on trackbefore hitting a barrier. I can see the blue dot of a car coming up and plan on easing back on but as a whel touches asphalt the car swerves to the right and heads across the track, right into the path of a painfully trying to avoid the accident he can see coming, Steve Metzler. I ruined your race, I'm so sorry! You did everything you could to avoid any incident in T1 and I still nailed you. I should have taken a bit more time to gather myself back up, I should get an infraction against me, I didn't truly follow the Golden Rule.

Thanks Stefan, RD and all the drivers.

I hadn't raced the GT cars in a long time and it showed in the starts. I qualified better than I thought I would. I used Keith's setup on the vette and gridded 5th.
Horrible start Race 1: I got sideways off the line and banged into Stefan. Sorry about that. (note to self - this is NOT my ATCC FWD Peugeot.) After that I drove a steady race and finished 6th.

Even More Horrible Start Race 2: Barely managed to keep it pointed in the right direction, but I did. I was so excited I forgot to brake early enough for T1. I was behind Jarrod and I didn't want to punt him and cause a big wreck so I turned left and went off track. Dang this vette is delicate. I got front aero damage and a punctured tire, so I had to limp around this - oh so very long track - to get patched up. Then it was a quiet remainder of a race, finishing next to last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 130 16.7%
  • Socks

Votes: 412 52.9%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 34 4.4%
  • Shoes

Votes: 100 12.8%