RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Ok, here is my reasoning:

1. This version does not require Race On, opening the event to more potential drivers.
2. We have run this version many times with these cars without any issues.
3. Having run the track in the past, there are a few a setups floating around for people use.
4. Call me crazy, but I found this version much easier in a GT car than the Race On version.

Reason #4 is SPOT ON!

I have uploaded my M3 setup for anyone who wants to have a go in it. Ran a 2:07.8xx in it with full race fuel....

Don't be foolish and listem to my first impression..........I was DEAD WRONG abput the track.

Yes I wish the KINK was better and more eye candy would be nice, but it DRIVES LIKE A BEAST!

Attachments

• bmw test 3.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 211
Seriously.. This is one of the worst 2nd races ever.. Everyone.. Seriously.. Well yes, I created one collision, but that was for escaping a car, and not seeing the other in the mirror.. But, look at the replay, 1st, 2nd, and the ascari Chicane... Mess, mess, mess... Stewards, I would like you to watch the replay..
http://www.filefront.com/17710235/Monza_101227_2152_Race2.Vcr

If you have anything to submit or needs to be reviewed, it is done through PM to your EVENT Director not the open forums.

Well I have to say this mod was decent to drive. Not great yet. But certainly a good starting point IMO.

I had to spend a huge amount of time adjusting my G25 settings to overcome the silly 12.5 max lock setting in the setup screen. Cmon thats just foolish.

Once I had gotten this resolved I managed to get some laps in and feel out the car. Its a twitchy ***** for sure! you have to drive with VERY SOFT FEET or it will slide and stall it's speed on you.

Quali'd witha low 58.1 which was by far my best lap in this car. Honda BTW.

Race 1. Well I get a decent start and avoid all the mess in T1. The 4th place car slides in my rearview and its always bad in the chicane for this to happen. I chase Ollie and Henrik and hold a close gap and see how these guys race since I almost never race EU events. I nearly collide with Ollie as he gets ugly off lesmos 2. This opens up a gap to Ollie but within a second for now. Lap 2 I get a cut warning and already have to be cautious.

Ollie and Henrik slowly gap me as expected. They have pace I cannot match.

I drive pretty lonely to the pitstop. I resume in 5th place! REally? expecting to drop off to 15th at least since it is lap 6......

Oh well I get back up to 3rd after passing Mustafa and thats where I stay.

At one point Jakob de Boer is within 3 seconds. He has a collision and this sets up a gap I can maintain and niot have to push the cut risk anymore.

So 3rd it is! Happy with it for sure! Never raced these cars but felt compelled to give 'em a go..... not bad. I'll give the Mod a "B" overall. It needs work but a solid platform to start and love the VARIETY of cars to drive!

Maybe catch you guys again in another EU event this week!

Cheers and thanks to Rd and of course Michael v SHEPPINGEN for the event!

I can't remember who.. But when you can lay side by side in both lesmos, and nearly ascari and parabolica, and the side by side in 1st chicane again. Then it're really good! It was in race one.. I think it was you Ethan.. But, I don't remember..

Welp that was interesting for me.

DNF before T2 on lap1 for R1.. yeeeehaaaaa

Had to reload during Quali as I lost FFB.............managed to get 6th but mostly following Glen K around so was not totally free to fly...

R2 I get a good start and am up to 7th pretty quickly (2 laps?) Then I punt Glen K really hard at T3 and wait for him to get going. Sorry Glen we had different brake points there and I screwed it up.... I battled back to 7th and thats where I finished. Had some very good racing moments along the way and enjoyed it mucho!

thanks for the racing Stefan!

Showed up late as usual only to find out that I no longer have my Marcos setup for this track, so I switched to the Vette and downloaded Keith's setup. I only managed to get 1 lap in before we went to quali. For some reason I was having issues getting the car turned in during quali, so I stiffened the front a bit which seemed to help. I managed to do 2 hot laps qualified 8th behind Glen K.

R1: Got off the line really well, but one of the Vette's up a head got sideways off the line and slammed into the side of me, which sort of killed my momentum. No biggy though. Then in T1 I followed Eric off and watched up as he spun across the track in what seemed like slow motion. I rejoined a few spaces down, but made up ground as others made mistakes. For much of this race I was on my own, but my setup changes seemed to take their toll on my tires which saw me running off a few times. This allowed Jesper to close up on me pretty quickly and we had a fun little battle to the line and I somehow managed to hold to 3rd.

R2: Got a great start and was in P3 by the time I we got to T2. I quickly moved up to second as Glen K. seemed to allow me past in T3. I was now following Yves around who was about 2-3 seconds a head, but a lap or two later he made a mistake and ran off track, which gifted the lead to me. I then had some intense battles with Tyler, Jesper and Keith all the way down to the line. I maintained the lead for most of the race, but I outbraked myself in coming off of the back straight, nearly putting the car into the gravel trap and letting both Keith and Jesper through. Then in the following corner I dropped a wheel and spun it. Rejoined in 5th after nearly taking out Tyler. With only one more turn to go, there wasn't much else I could do wrong and crossed the line 5th. This was a really great race with the exception of the final three turns. lol

Hope I can carry some of this form into the next ATCC race. Much like last season, the first two rounds have been horrible for me - holding on in S1 by a thread. lol :)

Any ways... thanks to all who raced tonight! :)

AHHHHH!

Kidding. :tongue: I had loads of fun driving my Mosler in this event.

For my first ever full event in a GT-Sport, I think it went really well.

I went with the Mosler (amonst a field of M3s and Vettes) mainly due to its the only car I've had some real offline practice in. Thankfully, the choice was good with everyone saying its a nice and easy car. Good for beginners, nice and comfy. All that was realized during the race while running with people. The car was so easy to drive, I could've kept on driving it for another 10 laps almost. It felt almost impossible that it was going to do something silly. So with a sweet car, every lap was lovely, and I could keep the much more powerful opposition in sight.

Both races were brilliant, people I was racing with were great to race and I knew almost immediatly I could trust them not to do something unexpected. I was running up as high as 8th in the first race with two M3s and a Vette all steaming up behind me.

I felt like I was going really slow at some points, but I was able to keep them at bay untill I just seem to barely touch the grass with the outside wall of my left hand tyres under braking for turn one. I went straight on and I dropped to 11th. But man that was fun.

In the second race, I could keep pace and properly fight some people, I had such confidence in the car. To such a degree that I've only been able to find in my WTCC Alfa after months of driving it. Any more GT-Sport events show up, I'm sticking wit this Mosler, even if its down something like 40 odd brake horsepower, the thing was brilliant through the corners with its win at 3.

And its the best looking of the bunch in GT-Sport. :wink: Now I need to find a lovely skin for this thing.

Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 127 16.5%
  • Socks

Votes: 409 53.2%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 33 4.3%
  • Shoes