RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Got home in time to make it in the server for the last 10mins of qualify in me Alfa and was pleased to drop it on 6th to start,i got away good from the line but not sure if i made any places from that?...but more importantly,nothing lost and all so lovely and clean respect driving all through the first lap from everything i was near to,fantastic!,it boiled down to a serious bit of pushage to catch the battling Dubravko and Yves up ahead,with a very familiar name to me following and watching like some kind of internet stalker....Anders Nilsson!!the more the battle ahead raged,the closer me and Anders got,Yves had a bit of a weird off exiting the last turn going too wide to the grass and having a little meeting with the wall gifting me 2nd place and ofcourse Anders still there,stalking and watching....i literally threw everything but the kitchen sink at Dubra in my attempts to win,but he places his Alfa perfectly for defence only ever offering up the outside bravado option which i indeed attempted a couple of times....but no cigar.

7th start R2 and a very good launch from the lights and certainly make some gains this time :D,at T1 i spotted my space to go for but ended up a bit wide on the outside,but this time the outside option payed off nicely and i came out the other side in 3rd place,started to put the squeeze on Bob M. to try and claim an early 2nd place,but as usual it proves to be anything but easy,then Bob has the schitters put up him a bit at those fast "jomps" and he gets spat wide and out of shape letting me go past,now i get to see its Yves in 1st with a 3.5secs gap,i dont really need to say whos following now,its my e-stalker again......i push as hard as i can trying to catch Yves but im not very hopefull,then i see Yves going straight off at the fast right after the "jomps",again it looks like a strange one m8?(distractions?,tech issues?,festive indulgence?)...so its a big gift wrapped 1st place,this is going to be easy now eh lads?...err eh lads??!....Wrong!!!...my i-Stalker decides its time to pressure me every bloody lap to almost the finish,he has a little moment pushing hard after getting the gap down to sniffing distance on the last lap and lets me get my much needed relaxing cruise to the finish :D....(pheeeuuw).
Both races hammered home the fact that those two 87's tourers are probably the most worthwhile cars in the entire Race/Evo series,i cant remember a duff event with them....ever!,really enjoyed my first use of the Alfa in an event as well,very much inspired by my new WTM Alfa love affair ;).
Great racing Dubravko,Yves and Anders,my main focus of the night you guys were!.

Many Thanks Yves & RD

Stefan, Michael and Ryan Callan who are all close together. Ryan pits, with Michael looking to do the same. But Michael locks up trying to slow for the pits. He ends up going across the grass to avoid a tyre wall, but he comes back right into the path of Stefan Beemsterboer. Stefan is sent flying into the gravel. He re-joins still in 5th, but now I have an opportinuty at him.

I try to get down the inside for turn one. I seem to take Stefan by suprise as he turns in on me, sending a little wide, but still on the track. (Mirrors dude, useful things) We then head into turn two side by side with me on the outside..

Sorry Ethan, i did saw you, but was thinking (prob. not clear enough, because of Michaels ..... action) i would make it on time. I just wanne to take my driving line, and not defending my spot. Sorry if it was a rough cute of me.
For the second (T2) it was clear/obviously youre not gonna make it.
My car goes from out-in-out and youre trying to pass me on the out side.....what should i do? turn more in and i loss grip, and braking will lead me straight into the wall.......

Honestly, this was not my best race....

EDIT: i saw the replay....and yes it was not very nice of me, next time i'll try to give you more room..... ok!

Great track[nice version too], fun cars and enough drivers for a race! What more can you ask for on a snowy, windy night?

Q:The car pleased me but I still had changes I wanted to try, maybe next time :wink:

R: I launched poorly and only go past David when he lost it but he was back at me with the pass at the end of Kettle Bottoms. The track must have gotten very slippery on L2, oil dropped maybe, as everyone went off and I ended up in a very chase-able position. I kept an eye on the mirror and tried to not make any mistakes. It seemed to take forever for all of you to gather strength and go by me. L6 was a quick parade of Mike, David and then Eric past me. I began pushing the car a bit and made my mistake on L8, completely separating me from the group but in good shape and finished with a few drops of gas more than Eric did

R2: A better launch from a second row spot. Life should be easy, there are several mishaps behind me in T1 but I still go wide coming out of Canada and Eric goes by. L3 has David challenging me at the end of the front straight and again at the end of Kettle, he passes me easily the next time we hit the front straight. I realaize at this point that my car really is a dream to drive and that I can push it and it still drives well[sounds ominous, doesn't it] Mike is behind me by 10 seconds and I'm able to maintain that separation till self inflicted suspension damage on L5 brings him to within 3 seconds of me. I think he's damaged good s too as he can approach but at times drops well away. I'm really missing that nice handling car now but it's core shines through and though it wants to fly into left handers and avoids attempts to make it go right, it's still a good car. Mike is still behind me at the end but not without trying to get past at every opportunity. I hope my drive was proper, I don't try to drive defensively and leave openings when I think a pass is going to happen, using the full track when not.

Thanks Eric, RD and all the racers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 120 16.0%
  • Socks

Votes: 401 53.5%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 32 4.3%
  • Shoes