RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Now, I ain't that sure I was for 2 hours since. A mate of me asked if I would join him to the cinema. And the movie starts 17:00 and it ends 19:00. So, I may not reach the practice, but hopefully I will reach the qual. :) Ye, think so, the end of the practice or star of the qual.

Sign me up!

DHR Simcraft - Mini Skinpack

dhr%20simcraft%20-%20mini_e57.jpg

This was a nice little event. I really enjoyed driving round in the Trueno, even though it was a little heartbreaking seeing the Alfa and BMW just zoom right past me down the straight.

The tyre wear was pretty low and did start to make the car feel a bit more slippy at around 90% on the rears. It wasn't too hard to deal with though so I can't have been losing too much time due to it. After 12 laps, my tyre levels were 81/84/80/82 so pretty even which I was expecting. I think I was using the default setup for most paramaters but I had the dampers, packers and caster maxed out and the lowest ride hight and a couple of tweaks to the toe-in and tyre pressures.

The model is really nice. From a distance you can still see a lot of detail, especially underneath the car. The inside is good too, although on a couple of parts of the track, the sun made the interior glitch a little, i.e. the anti-roll bar went white with no sponge being visible and a couple of black vertical lines appeared on the ignition switches. I think was was due to the sun shining straight into the car. The rear-view mirror is very blurry and pretty annoying I found. I couldn't really work out what was going on behind me and it was a bit distracting.

I think compared to the BMW and Alfa it was fairly balanced over the course of a race. The lack of power really hurt the Toyota but it was so much faster through the corners, especially through T3. It was nice to have a race where the cars had their own strengths and weaknesses and a championship or more events would be very interesting. Perhaps an event at Valencia one day? I think it is another fairly even track, but probably more biased to the Toyotas.

So thanks to T2L for the mod and Yves and RD for setting this up. Was a good nights racing :)

Nice racing from all I encountered this evening.....room left where needed and no crazy moves....good to see.

I've hardly driven these WTCC87 cars and I'm not sure of the pace of those I raced with tonight, so feedback is a little sketchy. The Alfa seemed to have more grunt and I was easily able to pass the Toyotas on the s/f straight when I was close enough out of the final turn. The Toyotas seemed to be able to brake slightly later and carry more speed through the long corners...tight corners seemed about even. Overall I feel the Toyotas could use a tiny bit more power to help their straight line speed which I think would help balance them.

Well.... I signed up after the start of practice and got to see the track for the first time with about 15 mins left.. I was in a BMW as all the Toyota's had apparently gone already. Got to say Gunther those Toyotas look great! Not much feedback apart from yes the Toyota seem slower on the straights but faster through the bends, although that could be me picking up on earlier comments and imagining it all!!

Race 1 - around the back of the field, my usual, form, although the person in 9th appeared to run out of fuel on the last lap and so I was all set to pick up a position when, on the next to last corner - some Yellow text came up asking someone to leave - I had been mildly distracted by the short messages prior to this one, but the temptation to read such an interesting message proved just too much in the next to last corner and I went and hit the wall "Damage not Repairable Race is Over" Dohhh the next to last corner an about to pick up a free position!!!Note to self - however interesting they might seem ignore any messages until you cross the finish line!!!!

Race 2 - Ok fairly uneventful, but a couple of good mini battles and thankyou Ethan for not putting enough fuel in to allow you to finish without spluttering over the line and allowing me to catch and pass you!!!

All in all a good event, thanks Yves and RD for organising and thankyou to Gunther for all his hard work and dedication to modding..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 82 15.9%
  • Socks

Votes: 285 55.1%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Shoes

Votes: 62 12.0%