RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, that was just, arrrrrgh!

Was looking forward to this event. One very fast track, tight single file chicanes that were taken in 4th gear.

But it was never to be. Props to Michael for restarting after what was the most ridiculous lag I have ever seen while racing.

Chris Rigby, my god, something is wrong with your computer and or internet connection. By yourself you were fine, but with a field of cars, you were like a groundhog on coffee. Popping in and out of view, jumping about, being almost everywhere, and causing complete and total chaos.

Once the racing got underway, it wasn't too bad. Had half a lap where I tried to fend of Ross Balfour for 5th in race one, but his TDI got me out of the last corner.

I think the track was a brilliant choice, you needed to know how to run through the chicanes, and there were plenty of places to overtake. But their was high risk, and the track punished you for a mistake, without talking about what happened if you got the chicanes wrong.

With a bit more respect to where others are, a bit more care and paitence, I think both races would've been finished with less retires and some really good fights could've been had. Too many people in these Euro events are too aggressive, and seem to think its okay to try and attemp an incredibly over ambitious overtake, so long as you come out okay, and you don't knock the guy. But people normaly end up using others as brakes because people try things far above their skill level, and what the car is actually capable off.

Hopefully the next S2000 event is gone into with people wanting to race, but not at the expense of others, sportsmanship and commen sense.

Well, that was just, arrrrrgh!

Couldn't agree more.

Race 1. Restart confused me - I was very slow here and had no business starting from 3rd. 1st lap and excellent job everyone for avoiding me when I got the 2nd fast chicane wrong, hit the wall and spun my Honda infront of everyone from 5th back. Had to Pit immediately for extensive repairs.

Race 2 was ok, but again, oh so slow. I was probably being too overcautious cos I didn't want a DNF.

Anyway, glad I survived both races to the end - that'll do me

Thanks to Simon for interesting track choice, and as always to Michael and RD.

The restart was caused by Rigby's insane lagging. Michael was on TS, so if you were on, you would've know what was happening.

Another reason for people to stop being scared of using TS during a Euro Touring event.

Noooooo, not scared mate :) I just haven't got a comfortable headset yet! I am getting a nice one for Christmas - A SteelSeries 7H USB as reviewed by Brian Clancy a few days ago. Ordered already and just awaiting delivery :D

I was only confused cos I started from 3rd - I thought it would go back to the original grid placing from Quali.

Yves I have a suggestion, since it is a test and there are two races, why not separate into two groups (AE86/WTCC87) and take the car in a group of your choice and make the second run in the other group. So that everyone can test a AE86?
In addition, this would ignore the level of driving of a person if one of the cars were too advantaged.

What do you think about that ?

Ethan i think it was more a problem of the server (the lag)

for example:
- more people were popping around. One 307 was freezed @ a point, if you didn't avoid this one you get hit. And i get all the time flag flags warnings. Even @ first place for couple of laps. Then i saw my position changed from 3 to 7, and than into 2 and 8 without being overtaken?? it was changing constantly. i couldn't get concenstrated enough, because of this.....

So this race was very grazy to me.

The seat was fast, but i didn't get a suitable setup. First race lot's of understeering. Second race into oversteering by making small changes. I pump up the back springs a little bit and had less fuel.

First race i get the massaged "DNR" but the car was still going on (for 20 min) and could finished this race!?

I did use TS, but it was no big succes! I can't hear my engine and all the talking @ the sametime........i think my ears can't handle this.

What kind of brand (product) are you guys using for TS.

Brand of Headset or Soundcard? Is that what your asking. One thing I have noticed on my machine is, when I or anyone else talks on TS, every other sound drops a touch, but its barely noticable. I beleive it must've been a TS update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 68 14.8%
  • Socks

Votes: 251 54.8%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 18 3.9%
  • Shoes

Votes: 58 12.7%