RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

gee Ethan do ya think maybe its the holdays and attendance is affected by this? if you have a suggestion then a PM is much more appropriate then just whining in the forum...

its never going to be heavily attended by US based drivers as it is 9 AM at the latest here. It was more of a blend event for you guys in the Euro sector I created.

Maybe I'll just take you r approach of " well its not exactly to my liking so I'll just forget about it" and leave myself one less thing to worry about on a Sunday........

Really enjoyed this race at the ring, and congratz to all that finished !!

My qually was **** and no where nere the times I managed earlier that day. 49's.
Started 2nd behind Andreas and he had a really bad start so took the lead 1st corner.
From there I could drive off and that was my race really, maintina speed and no mistakes.

Accept when I made my pitstop ! omg what a **** moment that was....fueled up changed tyres and when it was changing tyres I wanted to start the car again....I had no idea which button it was mapped to on my new wheel rofl :D
So pushed them all and at some point it eventually started agian but I thought race was over at some point lol. Costed me 5-10 seconds extra but I had a good gap so was ok in the end.

Intense to the very end it was as on the ring you can not let off your guard !

Next week suggestion: Monza ! although I got nightshifts so have to leave at 22:00 so can't join anyway :( sadface.

Great event, lots of fun fighting with Bjorn and Ethan. I always struggle with this track - so easy to overcook it and end up in the gravel. Qualified 12th.
Apologies to Philippe Fournier for Race 1, Lap 1, approach to T4 when I hit him quite hard from behind. Glad to see he didn't go off track - I did... backwards into the gravel! Rejoined last but one. Nice and clean for the remainder of that race with some good battles on the way to 12th (I think).
Race 2 - major apology to Geoffrey Fournier for tagging him on Lap 1, inside of T2 when I caused him to spin - I couldn't immediately stop and wait for him cos that may have caused further incidents. My plan was to get past T4 to a safe place and wait for him there. Sadly I think his car may have been damaged because I saw him retire before I got to my "safe to wait" place. I felt very bad about that Geoffrey and I'm very sorry.
I went on to have some more good clean battles again with Bjorn and Ethan to 11th place finish (I think).
Excellent fun as always, but very annoyed with myself for my 2 incidents.
Thanks to Ivo and RD setting this up.

Think I may have annoyed some people- holding as massive train of cars up in race 2. Sorry Bob for the hit through the esses, i didn't think it would pitch you round so easily

No problem and thanks for waiting.

We had some good racing, both giving room, nice and fair, unlike some others who just seem to cut across your nose as soon as possible.

Was very hectic races for the first 4 laps then settled down and was enjoyable.

I am not sure I touched Chris going into the hairpin, I steered right to avoid and go on grass and didn`t make any contact from my view but if it did I am sorry Chris.

I vowed to not drive the MBenz car anymore. Tough to drive and launches too well. Good launches seem to get me in trouble. I tried the Audi a bit and changed to the Peugeot 407. Eric's car was astart but I think I ended up changing most values before getting an easy one second faster than my fastast lap in the Benz. I've spent most all of this year driving rear wheel drive whenever possible, time maybe to go back to FWD.

Lousy Quali as I blew the last turn and started the lap at low speed.

R1: Totally blew the start, pegging the tach. HAda fun drive and picked a very lat pitstop. Bad choice, the car never felt good again. Just befor the end Robert cpasses me when I spin on the apptoach to the downhill chicane, it's all the tires fault!

R2: Great launch this time. I'm having a blast this time. About L3-4 I'm on the inside of Simon and try to move to the outside, he's far enough back that when I push into him I spin myself off the track. At least I make a good choice for a stop and after my pit on L6 the car runs great till the end of the race.

Thanks RD, Ivo and all the drivers that showed up for the race.

Ethan, nice write up on the Friday night race!

YES PLEASE :D

I'm sorry to go against your theory, but surely people will purposely slow down to 4th if they are higher to get tracks choice?? Maybe you shouldn't tell people what position they need to finish, and randomly select it before the event and the person who finishes in that position get to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 43 14.6%
  • Socks

Votes: 163 55.3%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • Shoes

Votes: 36 12.2%