RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I driven 100's and 100's of laps with simracing so like to think I know my way around but when I first went to the ring with my car few years ago I had to relearn it all. Sure you know all corners but you don't really know the width of the track, all specific bumps, where your brake points are and how your car handles there. Most important difference with the real thing...all different types of tarmac !!! That really is one of the most overlooked things by tourist drivers.
And everytime I go there I keep the highest respect for the track as even with dozens of laps driven I am still learning !

So just get started and if you finish or not and w/e place you end up you will get more experienced ! Just don't overdrive the car and yourself at start, build up graduelly.

Sorry for the hit in race 2 Denis, forgot to apologise for that. I tapped someone else that race too cant remember who but made sure I waited, which put me down the order but rules are rules.

Race one though was one of the best races i've had in a long while fighting for the lead with Denis. Decided for a last lap move at the hairpin and was just able to squeeze through.

I think the MOD played a big part in adding to the fun. The car is very eager to spin you around out of slow corners and braking was also quite tricky, which in my opinion made the racing better as people had to concentrate more than usual on just keeping it pointing forward. Sounds immense too!

Only issue i had was one or two cars didnt show properly, just saw the driver, front two tires and some black object at the rear. Although, it did appear as normal come the race.

I had spent some time here on the previous day training for that race. In the garage was a car that suited me here well and I was happy to go racing. Well, I was somewhat limited in ability by a couple of stiff IPA's who's effect I was hoping would wear off but I was good to race. I made every attempt to hone my neuro-synaptic responses by running as many laps as I could, it looked like I could stay on track!

Q: I droned around well off my pace trying to guarantee a poor grid placement. Wouldn't ya know, a couple of fast guys wanted my spot! :mad:

R1:The lights go out, my tires bite deep into the pavement for grip and I fly, oh no Eric E isn't moving at all, my launch turns into disaster as I move to avoid him and collect the pit wall. At least I didn't take out Keith!! My "real" start comes ten seconds after everyone has left the grid.

I drive. I'm P9[last for those not there], wondering if anyone will be leaving early and what my chances were for not having pole for R2. I decide that "if" I happen to catch P8 that I'll decide then. I catch Sam in his green Vette on L5 and on L6 he goes into the dirt at a brake zone and I have to make a choice. I choose...pole and continue drivng hard!

R2: A good launch but Rhys goes right by, OK maybe not a great launch. Dariusz is also by before T1. At the end of L1 I let Tyler by and at the hairpin on L2, Keith. Eric N catches me on the straight to the hairpin and has me by a nose but gives me the nod for the corner, he takes my position at the "coral snakes" turn where I've gone a bit wide.

No one else close so I concentrate on staying on track and hope to maintain P6. Due to unfortunate experiences by some on L1 I'm able to do this.

Mini's here might be nice!
Thanks to All for a nights racing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • Socks

Votes: 102 53.7%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 5 2.6%