RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I was absent during qualifying session due to an important work. But I managed to arrive at home for race session. However when i jumped into race, pc said "low video memory" and it was lagging. Then it said "out of video memory" and i have to leave the race. I dont know the reason , it was the first time i faced with such a problem. Sorry guys. Hope you have fun.

Well for me that was a good night's racing. Qualified 5th behind Neil and got a poor start, but hung on down the inside of turn 1. Neil went off (didn't see if there was an assist) so i got up to 4th with Gary and another Audi behind. Received a couple of light taps from the Audi but Gary got past and after the 3rd place car went off, it was a podium battle. Lap after lap i had to contend with the pink flying machine of Susie Stoddart (Gary once rear-ended her i'm reliably informed. While driving a kart..) looming in my mirrors, but i was able to get good exits from turn 1 and 2, meaning i wasn't under too much pressure in the main overtaking areas. (Although i got a couple of dinks in the rear at the hairpin- no problem though- dab of oppo and i was away again) Pulled a slight gap but chuffed up my final lap so Gary was very close behind now, and i just hung on. Discovered at the end of the race that my fastest lap was a 1:34.8, and my splitter was damaged, so i was very lucky to finish 3rd.

Started 6th for the reverse-grid race, and got a good start. Found myself down in 8th but avoided some spinners and gradually made it up to 5th place, after being overtaken twice by Ollie, then returning the compliment as he slowed to let others by. Cut turn 1 twice early doors, so had to be careful, and was losing a chunk of time here throughout the remainder of the race. Trailed Dan by around 1.8s at the finish.

Good driving for the most part in the races, and the first few corners were generally well-behaved affairs from what i witnessed.

Well done podium finishers, and cheers to Yves for setting this up, and of course to Gunthar for making the mod. (and a good one it is too)

First up a report on the Mod; Well I have got nothing to say about it appart from it's brilliant. I didn't have any issues with it & after installing the hi-res skins it looks great. I prefered the Audi to the Merc, but I suppose I need to work on the setup a bit more for the Merc as I just used the one I made for the Audi but could get identical times with both.

The races; qualied in 10th, but it was mere 10ths that separated the top 8. T1 was a little hectic & I got a little knock but with 10 cars going through there it was ok. Settled in and started to move up as those ahead made their mistakes. I ended up chasing Susie, sorry Lenno, & was a spectator for the battle between him & Ross. As the race progressed so did the gap to those behind & with little chance of catching Lenno it was just bring it home for a 5th spot.

Race 2, now on 4th I made another good start but had to cut T1, not intencially, to fend off those behind so I had to be careful for the rest of the race. Now in 5th behind Susie, I mean Lenno who went round the outside at T1, I settled in once more. As Lenno put the pressure on James, James had a spin in T2 and that let up both by. Again with those battling it out behind it gave me some breathing space but I really couldn't get on terms with Lenno. Again someone spun out ahead so I moved up a place into 3rd. After getting some attention from Oli, after I made a little mistake out of the hairpin & being overtaken by him, I quickly got the place back. From there on in it was just follow Lenno to the chequered flag.

Thanks to Yves, sorry you couldn't be there, Wd to Oli & David on their wins & thanks to all drivers for some good, clean, fun racing.

P.s. A big thank you to Gunthar for bringing us this mod, top marks sir.

Good racing tonight. Umm, I'm not sure who was in the Redbull Audi for Race 2, but I think I may have hit them going into the hairpin. I locked my brakes and got sideways going into the corner, and as I stopped, I saw the Audi driver spin around. I didn't feel anything, so I wasn't sure if I hit him or someone else, or if he just spun on his own. I kept on and finished 4th. Very sorry to Redbull Audi driver if I did hit you...

On another note, mod is absolutely awesome.

Great racing tonight guys! One of the most briliant races i ever participated..and 80% of this briliance is because of the MOD.Gunthar i want to thank you very much for this great job and new challenge:D
Now,what i have to say about the mod beside the good things,isn't to important,but i just noticed.The paint does not have gloss/reflection.Sometimes it happened to me to exit the garage with the engine damaged.The engine sign under the RPM gadget was red.In rest,a 99% perfect mod:D and i say 99% because nothing is perfect :p Thank you all,great racing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Socks

• Flip flops

• Shoes