RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Yeah, had a lot of fun these smaller GT cars. I used my setup from Sugo, which clearly was way to loose, but it was a lot of fun sliding the car around. lol

Q: got a decent lap in and started from 3rd behind Rhys and Jesper.

R1: got away well and followed Rhys around for a few laps and opening a gap over the rest of the field. After a few small mistakes on my part I had lost touch with Rhys and was pretty much on my own for the rest of race. Eric was trying hard to close the gap to me, but I had enough to manage it and held on to finish in 3rd.

R2: got an amazing start and was up to 2nd or 3rd by turn 1. I was on the inside of Dave, you clearly wasn't aware I was there and we touched as he went for the apex. Some how we managed to hold it together though and I was then on the outside of him for turn 2. I left him plenty of room, but got a bit of nudge into the gravel from Dave on the exit. This dropped me right back down the order. I then had some contact with Eric in T3, as I was not aware that he was on the inside of me. Despite all of this I somehow found myself back up in 2nd place a lap or two later and an epic battle with Rhys ensued. Rhys clearly had a much faster car through the tight corners, where as I had the power. After a few laps of battling with him, I made a mistake coming up the hill which allowed Rhys to move along side of me and I found myself on the outside of him coming into the corkscrew. We don't it two wide! Having the wider exit and the inside line for Rayne curve, Rhys was able to complete the pass. All the crazy driving the dropped into the clutches of Dave, who's Seat had some very impressive acceleration. It wasn't long before Dave got through and I then had Eric on my tail again. I again made mistake coming up the hill and Eric sail on by unchallenged. By the time I got back up to speed I was about 3 seconds down on Eric and Dave up a head. I pretty much settle at this point. Then a couple of laps late I past Rhys for 4th, as he was parked on the side of the track. This oddly enough gave me a little burst of motivation to try and close the gap to Eric, whom had closed on Dave and was fighting with him for second at the time. I closed the gap at a surprising rate and passed Eric on the last, as he ran wide coming down Rayne curve. I then out braked myself a little into the last corner, but crossed the line just a head of Eric after a short drag race to the line. Finished 3rd again. :)

Great stuff guys. Had a lot of fun!

Had some nice fights....

I wanna say sorry to Chris B. concerning race 2...
We where in the fast S-es towards 1st chicane side by side.
I watched in my (side)mirrors but couldnt see you anywhere but i know you must be very close (time different 0.5 sec :) )
then suddenly in the chicane i see you make a flip over the chicane :)
I watched replay and i'm not sure if it was my fold or just a race incident/miscalculation.....from your side because we didn't touche eachother

Podia grats and all the finished well done.
And who knows till the next PM1SC

It was a great event indeed.

Qualifying: 2nd. I wouldn't have been able to match Jesper in that Viper...

Race 1: I got a good start, and stayed in 2nd the whole race. It was rather uneventful... more of a matter of keeping a good pace and maintaining the gap to Stefan.

Race 2: I started not so well this time. I managed to get up to 3rd behind Stefan again as Jesper pulled away. The battle with Stefan that I had for the next seven laps or so is one I won't forget for a while. Driving the Gillet, I had a massive advantage in cornering speed and braking, but Stefan had the edge on straight-line speed and acceleration. Our fight had shades of the battle Gilles Villeneuve and Rene Arnoux had at the 1979 French Grand Prix - we both fought very cleanly but not without a bit of bumping, we had nothing between us on pace, and we were fighting for 2nd when the leader was uncatchable! Every time I went to pull a move on him, I was baffled at how he managed to hold the outside line in the corner and still keep the position. Eventually it came to a halt when Stefan ran wide at the Corkscrew, and we went 2-wide through the turn; I took 2nd, and tried to catch Dave who had gone by us earlier (but his acceleration off the last turn was unbelievable every lap) - and then the phone rang. Since I was home alone, I had to answer it, so I pulled over and tried to keep the conversation as short as possible as the field went back by me. I eventually finished 6th, but I'm not unhappy, as the battle with Stefan more than made up for it.

Really enjoyable event. I'll be sure to sign up for more when I get more time in the mornings!

I may not make it for this club race, but I am learning Race 07 (used to have the old WTCC game, and currently run GT Legends). I hope to be in a club race here soon.

Phil welcome to RD and the "American" racing club! OK your a Philly guy but this YAnkees/Giants/Islanders fan will still help out with anythign you need to get settled into the game and club racing.

PM me if you have any questions etc.

We always share a setup for the car etc. during club events so your not alone!

Now, could you please break Vick's legs for me? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back