RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

ran aquick test ehre and this is fine for me. YEah the car bottoms out a bit but if you just lift when you hit the crest of the hill you have no issues with control.

Now if you are on the brakes int he air, well now thats gonna be a nice catch if you can save it.......

Should be fun!

Sticking the landing isn't a problem, unless like you said, you are on the brakes or downshift in the air. I was really trying to keep from overrevving (a gentle lift does help with that) and maximize contact with the tarmac to keep speeds up. I did find a relatively sweet spot in the middle of the ride height range that gave some decent results. Car bottoms through the 'whoops and on the outside at the dip out of two, but that's it, and I haven't noticed any splitter damage with repeated abuse (has happened to me over the 'jump' at Le Mans).

Agree, this should be an fun race.

I Apologize

I wish to apologize to those on TeamSpeak this last Friday night. I totally lost my cool and expressed my frustration in an unsportsmanlike manner.

Not being the most naturally talented driver, I spend hours each week prepping for the Friday night events. To have this time and effort squandered by getting rammed up the rear race after race (usually on the first lap and mostly by the same drivers) finally reached its peak at Rattlesnake Point.

I had qualified well (for me) and put in a personal best on the qualifying run (which is very rare as I usually "under" run my qualifying lap). I carefully and cleanly gained positions on both starts. In the first race, I was rear-ended and received suspension damage in the first turn. There was nothing I could have done to have prevented this as the track was totally full in front of me and to my side. While the tap may have had some assistance due to lag, it still could have been prevented. The second race's 1st-lap tap on the rear also messed up my suspension. There was less indication of lag being an issue in this incident.

<soapbox>
We have to take into consideration that we are racing drivers from the far reaches of this globe. Due to the nature of the Internet and the restraints of the software's ability to cope with this, we should be taking this into consideration -- especially at the start of the race.

One shouldn't be just racing the car ahead (or the one beside or behind), but the cars ahead of the car ahead. I think many of the 1st lap incidents could be avoided if one does what any good racer does -- situational awareness. There are a lot of things to keep in the grey cells -- cold tires/brakes, closeness of the pack, full fuel load, watch the car that the driver ahead of you is racing against and the cars that are in front of them. When we are all jammed up together, reaction times are not a luxury --- think ahead --- keep your foot near or just touching the brake pedal (not out the driver's window!). When the cars start slowing 3-4+ cars ahead, use the left foot and not the right foot. Leave some room to react. The start of the race should be taken with the same caution as racing in the rain.

Don't ruin your racing buddy's day (and your own) by making mistakes that can and should be avoided.

</soapbox>

Golden Rule #5
Do not make abusive or angry posts in the forum. Comments which note the accident in a respectful manner are ok and encouraged so everybody can learn from it. We are all here to have fun and improve our driving.

Michael Very well said!

I am toying with a whole tutorial speech about "Racecraft"...........

Racecraft is what makes you a good racing driver in the race. Any clown can hotlap given enough time to learn the track and set the car properly....

Space and time, clean work and cooperation, anticipation all should be a part of the thoughts of any driver in any situation......

Off my soapbox til later

Driver: Hugo Hekkenberg
Class: GT Pro
Skin: Click here
I understand the Golden rules: YES

render gumpert copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 184 25.1%