Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

CpPmXo2WAAAPsk1.jpg

THIS WEEK
This week we arrive in Germany at the legendary Nordschleife, also known as the Nϋrbϋrgring. This daunting circuit is comprised of 154 turns, including the legendary Carousel and Mini Carousel corners. To give drivers an idea of its length, the fastest lap – set by Stefan Bellof in WEC in 1983 – is 6 minutes, 11 seconds. We will be running a two-hour Endurance race around this iconic venue this week!

THE CIRCUIT
The Circuit is an incredible sight, 154 corners, 12.93 miles, long straights and blind corners; it is the most iconic and deadly race venue there is. The track is incredibly hard to remember, because of the massive amount of turns, bumps and crests. The sheer length of the lap is incredible too; a GT3 class car is lucky to scrape a lap time under eight minutes. As well as being an incredible facility for racing, the Nordschleife is a venue that has taken many egos, and many lives too! ‘The Ring’ claims the lives of anywhere between 3 and 12 lives per year, and over the years has claimed over 200 lives. A famous crash in the circuit’s history was the huge fireball that was Niki Lauda’s Ferrari; somehow he managed to return to racing in the same season. Below is the track map for this insane venue:
512px-Circuit_Nürburgring-2013-Nordschleife.svg.png
· 154 Corners
· 12.93 miles (20.81km)
· Absolute Lap Record: 6:11.13 – Stefan Bellof (WEC)

PRESS CONFERENCE
Q: How do you prepare for such a gruelling event as this one?
Q: Who will be the first retirement?
Q: Is there any way of knowing every inch, bump, turn, crest and corner on this circuit?
Q: Will you prioritise top speed for the massive straights, or corner speed?

PRESS CONFERENCE
A: Same way as always
A: Me probably
Q: Is there any way of knowing every inch, bump, turn, crest and corner on this circuit?
A: Nope, I don't think that anyone could know every inch of this circuit
A: Corner speed, so that I can stay alive

PRESS CONFERENCE
Q:
How do you prepare for such a gruelling event as this one?

By turning on my PS4.

Ben cause his hip will probably give up.

I know all the turns, etc but that doesn't really make much difference

Why not have both?

PRESS CONFERENCE
Q:
Transform my car into a bumper car :sneaky:

The person who crashes or rages first
Captain Obvious :coffee:

Yes,
drive the track for 24 hours straight.
Go to a ninja warrior academy in China.
Study the track on Wikipedia like your life depends on it.
Do full analysis detailed research on the track
Then crash on the first lap at turn 1 and die :unsure:

That's a though one.
Be fast around the track or be fast on 1 straight and be able to wear 'my deal with it glasses' when I come sailing past you

I took the hint about not participating in the forums on your podcast lol

Q:

Drive.....crash.....drive.....crash.....drive....crash

erm

U can....only if u really want to....and i dont

Somewhere in the middle

Just practicing

I hope not me, I'm wanna finish this one

It's like trying to learn 5 tracks at once. Very difficult but still possible

I'll try a set up that gives me the best time in the whole lap. It's not a 40minutes race to try keep someone behind at straight

A: Prepare to crash and struggle from 1 mile to 12 miles back to pits for repairs

A:The first person to lose a wheel cause to ain't getting back to the pits with that.

A: yes it's very possible to know every part of the track but can you keep the car on every part of the track with out crashing

A: I'm in a Aston what do you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 296 18.2%
  • Socks

Votes: 889 54.7%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 78 4.8%
  • Shoes