Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

What times are you setting in the Bentley Søren?
I'm usually in the 3.54s, been in the 3.53s a couple of times in a race, but not in the length that we're running next time. But I've never build a setup specifically for Le Mans, always just used my Monza setup there. I'll be practicing this weekend and I'll post some times with race fuel etc.

Important Announcements​
. @Bajny after reviewing your current progress and position i have decided that you will be Removed from Your Full Time Seat But You Are Very Welcome to Remain As A Reserve Driver.
. @Thomas While Will Replace Nic in the #84 Bentley GT3 alongside MySelf in the Newly Named ATom Racing. (Tom Will Serve A Qualifying Ban At Oulton Park)
. @Benjamin McCluskey will now be paired with @Rob McEwan Please Post A New Team Name If U Both Want To Change It.
. @Jblackness1990 Are You Still Wanting To Continue Racing Here ? if So Please message me before tuesday or your full time seat will also be available.
. The Remaining Seats Will Be Filled As Soon As Possible Thanks all .

SPA RACE RESULTS AND SERIES POINTS

FEATURE RACE

IMG_3762.PNG

SPRINT RACE

IMG_3764.PNG

TNGTC SPA.png

Rounds 27 & 28- Oulton Park

BGT_Oulton_R1-start.jpg

Race Details
Event Date: 12th May 2016
Feature Race Time: 8pm
Feature Race Laps: 30
Sprint Race Time: 9pm
Sprint Race Laps: 15
After a wet and foggy Spa the TNGTC returns to Britain for rounds 27&28 of the championship. The venue will be Oulton Park and the layout, the island circuit. The track is fairly short and very tight and twisty which will make overtakes rare, increasing the importance of a good qualifying position. There are a couple of difficult corners including the hairpin and the knickerbrook chicane ;):roflmao:. The FR will be held at 8pm and the SR at 9pm. The sun will still be shining during both races so no need to worry about those pesky vampires this time.
Also we are sad to hear this week that @Dominic Ollivierre is leaving the series. Nic showed tremendous pace and ensured the racing was always exciting and action packed. All of us in the TNGTC wish him well in the future. #TeamSlideways.

Track Map (Looks Like a Stingray
Oulton-Park-Outline.jpg

Hot Lap, although its england so it probably isn't hot

Don't worry, weather will be clear so this shouldn't happen :confused:;)

Press Conference:
Q- Do you like the tight and twisty corners around oulton?
Q- What is your favourite corner from any track on our calender?
Q- Is there anywhere you think you can overtake around this track?
Q-Anyone actually like getting asked these questions?

Press Conference:

Q- Do you like the tight and twisty corners around Oulton?

There ok

Q- What is your favourite corner from any track on our calendar?

Your favourite Tom, Eau Rogue :roflmao:

Lodge Corner

Nope

Sector 1 is ok 2 and 3
not so much
Always eau rouge

Panty chicane maybe into hairpin and lodge final corner

Not these no lol

Tom, Doc, Mike, Ben - Thanks for the great practice (full race with AI) session tonight. The Benz is a beast and if docholiday600 can replicate what he did tonight I think it's a done deal. He set down 3:56/3:57's (with a 3:55 here and there) literally every single lap, no mistakes. I'm keen to see how HaveBlue and doc battle it out if Have can bring the rock solid consistency he's known for.
That being said, McLaren's, RUF's and Audi's (even the mighty Bentley is similarly top speed limited, unless you're insane enough to not bother with downforce) are simply unable to match the 191mph of the Benz on the straights, so this race will be the definition of endurance. He who doesn't screw up will win. It's that simple. Sure, the caution system may cause temporary 'resets', but unlike other tracks, if you lose a wheel before the Porsche curves, you're done. I can't find the sub 4 minute pace in the McLaren (and focus on also not making mistakes which can be very costly on this track), but I'm not looking to. My only chance here will be my own consistency and perhaps the inconsistency of others. It's a grueling race, but I'm absolutely looking forward to it.

Mike,
Can you clarify the caution related to the leader if a caution is called in S3. If the leader decides to pit then what exactly is "reduced race pace"? Sounds like it's faster than the 100Kph speed the rest of the pack are limited to, but some clarification would be useful as this is still close to a 3 mile long section of road at 100Kph.
Are other cars in S3 when a caution is called also allowed to choose to pit and continue at the "reduced race pace" or does this only apply to the current race leader?
Cheers.

If caution is called while Leader is in S3, he must slow to 100km (@ S/F Line) for S1 and S2.
If caution is called in S1 Leader must slow to 100km (@ Sector Line) for S2 and S3 going green at the S/F line.
If caution is called in S2 Leader must slow to 100km (@ Sector Line) for S3 and S1

After a testing session with several drivers...
CAUTIONS
WILL ONLY BE CALLED
FOR CARS THAT MAKE HARD CONTACT AND LOSE A WHEEL.

Last edited:
Important Announcements​
. @Bajny after reviewing your current progress and position i have decided that you will be Removed from Your Full Time Seat But You Are Very Welcome to Remain As A Reserve Driver.
. @Thomas While Will Replace Nic in the #84 Bentley GT3 alongside MySelf in the Newly Named ATom Racing. (Tom Will Serve A Qualifying Ban At Oulton Park)
. @Benjamin McCluskey will now be paired with @Rob McEwan Please Post A New Team Name If U Both Want To Change It.
. @Jblackness1990 Are You Still Wanting To Continue Racing Here ? if So Please message me before tuesday or your full time seat will also be available.
. The Remaining Seats Will Be Filled As Soon As Possible Thanks all .
Can I not change cars at any point as well then? How come Tom can?

Press Conference:
Love them, epic track.
Q- What is your favourite corner from any track on our calender?
Either Eau Rouge or Old Hairpin (Donington)
Many places, you have to be creative and use the grass which will be mega fun!
I don't mind, what I do mind is another night race. Bloody crazy idea on a track with no lighting.

Press Conference:

Q- Do you like the tight and twisty corners around Oulton?

If it's a BTCC Track, I already love it.

The S Section into the old hairpin at Donington.

Of course

Mehh. They're ok. Also I agree with Andrew, Adam's brave doing a night race here with it being hard enough in daylight lol. Oh well, he's in charge for a reason :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 88 16.3%
  • Socks

Votes: 295 54.7%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 21 3.9%
  • Shoes

Votes: 67 12.4%