PC2 Project CARS 2: Ferrari DLC Trailer Leaked

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The next DLC for Project CARS 2 has been revealed - check out the leaked trailer for the upcoming Ferrari Essentials DLC...

Thanks to a bit of finger trouble over on the Xbox Store, it looks like sim racing fans have had an unexpected early reveal of the next scheduled DLC release for Project CARS 2. Inadvertently revealing the 'Ferrari Essentials' DLC trailer earlier than expected, we had the opportunity to take a look at the eight new cars and two new circuits set to be added to Project CARS 2 in the near future.

Swiftly removed from the Xbox store webpage once the error had been recognised, you can catch the trailer at the head of this article if you missed it first time around...

Ferrari Essentials DLC Contents:
  • 1956 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta
  • 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
  • 1978 Ferrari 512 BB LM
  • 1987 Ferrari F40
  • 1995 Ferrari F355 Challenge
  • 2014 Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta
  • 2015 Ferrari FXX K
  • 2017 Ferrari F12tdf
  • Mugello Circuit
  • Fiorano Circuit

No release date or pricing guide has been revealed by Slightly Mad Studios at this stage, however more details are expected to become known in the very near future.

Project CARS 2 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

PCARS 2 Ferrari DLC.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to the new DLC? Which car most appeals to you? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Having all the sims installed, Can´t understand why so much hate for pCARS2, really enjoying the carreer mode and all is great so far, not perfect and no sim is, but enjoyable.
Standard practice on this forum for pcars bashing unfortunately. The topic is about the latest dlc but some people obviously read it as "oh look, let's derail another pcar2 thread"

Standard practice on this forum for pcars bashing unfortunately. The topic is about the latest dlc but some people obviously read it as "oh look, let's derail another pcar2 thread"

It's not that simple. I'm quite interested in the cars in the DLC. But I'm just annoyed that they'll be undriveable for me again.

I paid money for a game promoted as the ultimate simulation. I also bought all the DLC in the hope that the cars drive in a more plausible way. Unfortunately, I was disappointed serval times.

I think I have a right to be upset.

Last edited:
God forbid people having different opinions and tastes rather than "homologating" themselves with the norm/society.

I've been to Mugello plenty of times in recent years aswell as I went to Imola and Misano to watch GT3 and TCR cars race there in their own championships and in the multi-class enviroment offered by Creventic championships.

It's not a bad track per se, but it's better suited for bikes and touring cars. If F1s were to race there competitively, it would be a huge success marketing wise, but once you get past the San Donato hairpin (the first corner), you're mostly stuck with a line of cars until they get back to the main straight do the nature of the track. People with nothing to lose like Verstappen would still try to divebomb everywhere like Arrabbiata 1 & 2 that go downhill and uphill respectively, but it probably offers just a couple of passing opportunities during the entire lap.

A long series of downhill/uphill corners make for a good driving experience in a testing enviroment, but the track doesn't blend well with modern F1 machinery in a competitive scenario.

This. It's a fun track to drive on alone or maybe race with slower cars, but introduce more downforce reliant cars and Mugello can be a pain to race on.

In my mind it is a bike track first and foremost.

These are nice cars and tracks but I expected something more interesting for the last dlc, something really different, maybe sprint dirt cars and tracks, more kart content, something more than other racing cars and road cars, which pcars2 has already a lot. This content is nice, can't complain about it, but it doesn't add anything really new to the sim, excepting the 2 tracks (would have like interlagos though). Le mans dlc added something to the experience, the dlc with rallycross cars and brands hatch rallycross, they added something. The porsche dlc brought the can am experience (I would have prefered a can am dlc. This one seems to bring nothing new to the experience unfortunately. Well let's wait...

are you really going to be hotlapping the misano circuit with the Huracan GT3 more than a week in AC:C? Dont think so, at least me :giggle:

It's Nurburgring GP next week.

I play Project Cars 2 daily. It's the only thing out there besides iRacing that has a decent license system and populated lobbies.
If rFactor2 had populated daily online races I'd say goodbye to everything else.

Have you found a way to make the FFB similar to rF2's?

I use a mod found here.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffb-project-cars2-v4-1.20240/

It's better, but there is still a bit of notchiness here and there. I love the competition I find in PC2 there are some very fast drivers, most of the time you're racing the same set of guys everyday.
You get to know names, associated driving styles which adds to the immersion as if you're in a real season.

I have not been able to make it feel as good as rFactor 2, that sim is my sweetheart for FFB.

It's Nurburgring GP next week.

I play Project Cars 2 daily. It's the only thing out there besides iRacing that has a decent license system and populated lobbies.
If rFactor2 had populated daily online races I'd say goodbye to everything else.
Agree, but you know that studio397 has some surprises for us in the SimRacingExpo:giggle::giggle:

Latest News

Back