Post Pictures thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, backing to racer, and what about doing a new section for screenshots? Everybody may agree with me, 160 pages are a bit too hard to find anything.

Well, about game, backing with 2.7L V6 DOHC TwinTurbo 265hp@5800rpm Quattro 01'

screenshot124copy.jpg

screenshot125copy-1.jpg

screenshot126copy-1.jpg

Bonus: Raphael's MR-S

screenshot119copy.jpg

10% of the time spent on a car is the modelling in my experience, maybe 20% tops. I've seen people model up the basic meshes in no time. Today it's even easier because if we want flat shading is almost usable these days (back 5-10yrs ago we HAD to unwrap/texture/shade the whole thing)

The rest of the time is all the hard work in a decent UVW unwrap (so we can add damage, dirt, liveries, decals etc), adding the details, adding the variants, getting the car driving nicely, sounding nice, working properly etc etc...

None of these cars can even be released here, which makes them rather pointless except as screenshot queens :(

I'd still prefer to see 'complete' cars than ones with super perfect meshes that are overkill for 90% of the time you 'play' with the car.

Then you are always limited to what meshes are available in current games, which are often the cars you don't care about anyway.

We could have the new Ferrari AWD model in here now, or the new Aventador, or the new M5 etc... those are the cars I'd prefer to be seeing. Racer was almost a hot-bed for new cars before mainstream games get them. Now it's a hot bed for old cars AFTER the mainstream has had them hehe :)

Dave

Then you are always limited to what meshes are available in current games, which are often the cars you don't care about anyway.
Forza 3 has some old american cars that I like. I actually ended up buying a Forza 3 DVD even though I do not have an xbox.(that was mostly because the installers for these conversions (to GTL and shift and stuff) require a DVD if you get them from certain sites and had not noticed that other sites have installers that do not have the disc check when you try to install them.)

Forza 3 has some old american cars that I like. I actually ended up buying a Forza 3 DVD even though I do not have an xbox.(that was mostly because the installers for these conversions (to GTL and shift and stuff) require a DVD if you get them from certain sites and had not noticed that other sites have installers that do not have the disc check when you try to install them.)
try this:http://www.mm2x.com/mm2riva/forza3.html -----removed-------

He linked to Forza models, that's against the rules of the forum. I wouldn't have this rule on my own forum, but I'm sure it's necessary on RD.

Email is a wonderful thing.. :tongue:

hm , I spend 5 months or more to make my cars , and I do it just for fun and trying to add more cars into this awesome simulator . Here on Racer we do everything free (not that I want to win money with it) and it takes time , a lot of , it's almost a voluntary work . I guess if those messages was for me ... but we learn with time . I don't know model very well but i'm trying to improve everyday .. We just pick the apple from the tree if we can reach it .

Looks like almost everything that I learned became nothing , so sad .
I'm on racer forums since 2009 and just started to get envolved in 2010 . All of you guys , did racer be what it is today.

What we can see here, and in old RSC, is a few people who will never accept the idea that conversion can be as good as a scratch made. People who stopped on the time. People who lives on nostalgia, old times, blablabla. We have so great features now.. Those cars of a few polygons, baked texture, bleh... we learned a lot, but it is useless nowaday..

Hey, racer evolved. New graphics, new cars, new way to make cars. Yes, conversions is a lot easy to do, but actually can look as good or more than a car made from zero. Hey guys, don't fight against future. I am grateful that racer didnt move to arcade direction, and keep hoping a intelligent traffic, since I started playing it 5 years ago.

AMGfan one problem with what you said, is all models must be scratch made at one point in their life, and converting cars for me is just me brushing up on car.ini's and shaders really, to make my own scratch made cars, better. Conversion's aren't "the future" and I'm not "stuck in time" both conversions and scratch made cars/tracks will be seen in Racer, and I believe this has always been the case, and always will be, but the number of conversions might out weigh the number of scratch made cars. Also some cars (ie my Dodge Omni) no one else has modeled ever, so as long as there are cars that no one has modeled yet, there is a reason for scratch made cars. (like one model i lost on my old secondary hdd, was a Dolomite Sprint, how many people have actually modeled those?)

and Racer has evolved graphically, now there's a lot more evolving it needs to do, drivability wise, and car.ini wise. Conversions are easy to do, and make look good, but getting them to drive right is the tricky part. Like my Ram SRT-10, just watching the speedo makes you push yourself back into your seat, and looking at it, it looks great, but when it comes to a corner.... Yeah its not right there.

What I'm saying is that while conversions are easy to do and make look good, you can't just release it as a good looking car, spend time on it drive it a lot, even go out and drive a real version of what your converting to give yourself a sense of how the car handles and drives. Let other people beta test it even. Don't just convert make it look good and in a week have like 50 cars released that all look pretty, but don't handle like the real car.

and not to throw the thread off topic...
screenshot188-4.png

Ok harey. You have your own mind, you wont change mine, I wont change yours. I like conversion, never liked old members scratch made cars and I have followers who have the same idea of me. Sometimes I want drive One car, and MUST be that car, no other can be. This is my way of conversion, I release just to share, my conversions are normally 100% done, not perfect overall, but is 'playable'. No matter if it isnt perfect, I dont work for eletronic arts, it is just my hobbie. I wont show pics of bad converted cars (or good looking, like you all say) just to disturb poor enthusiasts mind. And in general, people like my cars, and always I see the same haters saying the same thing. Nothing against you harey, but racer community have so much hypocrisy. We see people blaming and flaming, and just these people who do almost nothing for racer. Racer is a free simulator, of free sharing content, this is the soul of this game.

As harey said, backing on topic.. but I'll try to keep out the conversions here..

just riding away with a little smoke.

screenshot041copy-2.jpg

I know I wont change your mind, your probably about as stubborn as I am. I never said anything was wrong with conversions, its just not necessarily "the future". both scratch made cars, and conversions will be released side by side, and like I said there will be a higher amount of conversions. I myself don't mind conversions, though when I can drive it once and spot huge problems with it, or boomer gets a hold of it and finds 50 million qlog errors, it gets kind of annoying. I know the content I have released in the past has been plagued with issues, that's really kinda why I haven't released content in a while (if you think I've just been quickly converting car after car for myself just to have more fun cars to toss around, your wrong). Right now I'm working on my Omni, fixing issues I find with it (earlier I did change the aero settings on the Tradesman to more realistic settings). Me converting cars is just me figuring out more about shaders and the car.ini.

Not trying to be mean to anyone, or offend anyone. You can do what you want when you want, I mean this is a free posting forum, not a dictatorship.

anyways, on topic....
screenshot184-2.png

My 2 pence, lira, yen or cents.
I have made a couple of cars and a few tracks from scratch. I never figured out how to do a conversion.

Both methods are accetable by most of the racer community and rightly so. It doesn't make any difference how a car is made only that it is to the best of one's ability.

Oh yes! always check the Qlog before releasing them. LOL!

Back in the NFS4 days, most racing games didn't have very accurate car meshes and the vehicle count in the games was low as well. Community modders spent their effort creating much more detailed and accurate cars and felt rewarded afterwards.

Nowadays, when vehicle artist use 3D scanning and factory blueprints (NFS Shift, Forza3, GT5) creating ever accurate vehicle models, we community modders, have to face that "competition".

So, don't take my statement in the previous page as we should stop modeling and just convert all cars. I'm almost done modeling my new version of the Corvette C6 (along with the ZR1 and high quality interior), will soon start texturing etc.

Modeling cars from scratch is still a very good hobby for me at least!

It may be only a matter of time but still there are still plenty of cars that haven't made it to any simulation yet. Big studios will probably only focus on popular car makes and models. Any new Ferrari or Bugatti would make it to a game or simulation quickly, others are just overseen. The community could concentrate on these. Or maybe they are just overseen by me? Lancia Aurelia, Alfa Giulia Spider, Fiat Multipla, Melkus rs 1000 anyone?

Toyota Celica! Other than the GT series you won't find Celicas in games. Although FM3 does have a GT-Four.. but the physics and sounds are crap on it. Even the classic Mini, a true legend, is overseen.

And RB, keep posting your projects, they're some of the nicest I've seen on the forum! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back