Post Pictures thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, backing to racer, and what about doing a new section for screenshots? Everybody may agree with me, 160 pages are a bit too hard to find anything.

Well, about game, backing with 2.7L V6 DOHC TwinTurbo 265hp@5800rpm Quattro 01'

screenshot124copy.jpg

screenshot125copy-1.jpg

screenshot126copy-1.jpg

Bonus: Raphael's MR-S

screenshot119copy.jpg

They do look very nice.

The paint in particular looks really good. Bump mapping?

Erm, only thing I don't like (technically), is the alloys have so much information painted into them. They look good static, but at sunset for example, or on a snow track, then that info is going to give away the fact they are more painted in effect, than real-time effect.

Not a biggie, just an observation.

I rekon with good use of spec control/colouring and (when we get it), mipped envmap (blurry reflection), you could get an effect pretty close but that is reacting properly :D

Dave

Both look nice, but why do they have different headlights? :)

red one has the standard 89-91 projectors, blue car is based of my car so has N1 lights(aka "jdm tyte lets call them rare lights since the N1's and race cars used them / or... lesser known as the poverty spec lights off the non turbo)

i know, at first glance it looks weird.

They do look very nice.

The paint in particular looks really good. Bump mapping?

Erm, only thing I don't like (technically), is the alloys have so much information painted into them. They look good static, but at sunset for example, or on a snow track, then that info is going to give away the fact they are more painted in effect, than real-time effect.

Not a biggie, just an observation.

I rekon with good use of spec control/colouring and (when we get it), mipped envmap (blurry reflection), you could get an effect pretty close but that is reacting properly :D

Dave

just regular paint...
while it pains me to say it, i decided to to texture panel lines etc.. and actually modelled everything (but within a socially acceptible budget lol)

i know where you're coming from, and I agree a real time shader would be nice,....
but in all honesty i've not really bothered to look into to it since i'm still running ancient cg-less stuff at home, and i'm partial to textures :p.
But i've tested it in a render sense, with spec & normal maps, so i know they'd need two shaders to be technically correct a "bead blasted look" low reflection anodized for the spokes, and a polished anodized for the lip. And then of course a slightly more subtle texture with less shading. Could possibly run with one shader for the lol with some specular level/width control but so far i've only tested it quickly in max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.3%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.5%
  • CPU

Votes: 82 11.8%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.6%