AMS2 P4 @ Cleveland, Tuesday 1st March.

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Race 0ne
20220301211640_1.jpg

Race Two
20220301215618_1.jpg

I just realised you stayed out on slicks @Ole Marius Myrvold - nice work! I'm guessing they didn't fall off the cliff like they did in race one?

On the last lap, they kinda did. I think I lost 12-13 seconds on that lap.
I felt you guys pitted too early anyway, and when it didn't rain as hard, and I was able to keep the tyres between 50 and 60 degrees I felt safe.
I also saw that @Andrew Leach was the only one who gained on me for a while, so I hoped it wouldn't get worse.
By the time it started to get a bit worse it was just some minutes left, so it was either pit and end up where I was before the rain, or stay out and hope to not be "Glock'd".
One more lap and I'd be lost :p

Hey chaps - what do you fellow VR users do for the in-car menu? I kinda messed up the first race as I forgot to check if the weather was changeable and didn't plan a pit-stop, so I ended coming out of VR and assigning keys :D. My wheel doesn't have much on it as I bought it for racing old stuff, so I'm thinking of making a button box with some big 'childs toy' like buttons

Hey chaps - what do you fellow VR users do for the in-car menu? I kinda messed up the first race as I forgot to check if the weather was changeable and didn't plan a pit-stop, so I ended coming out of VR and assigning keys :D. My wheel doesn't have much on it as I bought it for racing old stuff, so I'm thinking of making a button box with some big 'childs toy' like buttons
I use wheel buttons and my old Flight simulator HOTAS buttons.

There you are!
Again, sorry that I didn't hear you apologizing last night. No worries about the T1 incident in Race 1 :)
It was probebly my fault, I have just assigned a new button on my wheel for speach on discord. I have appologized right after the incdent and at the end of the race. I got vertigo in the scramble of the start and missed the braking point.

I have a Fanatec wheel so I just use the funky switch for the ICM and bring up the pit strategy on the fly if need be. Having said that, though, you have to memorise all the buttons and layouts by feel in VR. I can't assign anything to the keyboard in VR as I don't know where it is most of the time without raising the headset enought to catch a glimpse of the keyboard.

It was probebly my fault, I have just assigned a new button on my wheel for speach on discord. I have appologized right after the incdent and at the end of the race. I got vertigo in the scramble of the start and missed the braking point.

Nah. @Steve Le Gallez told me you had apologized. So it was a case of me not hearing :)

EDIT: Or... "told me". He got used his dad-voice, and firmly asked me: "Didn't you hear Ehud apologize to you? He did it in the race, and also after the race."
I felt like a little boy who had done something wrong!

Last edited:
I have a Fanatec wheel so I just use the funky switch for the ICM and bring up the pit strategy on the fly if need be. Having said that, though, you have to memorise all the buttons and layouts by feel in VR. I can't assign anything to the keyboard in VR as I don't know where it is most of the time without raising the headset enought to catch a glimpse of the keyboard.

Hah. I have only started AMS2 once before that was that Gr.A race at the start of February. I was hitting buttons like a mad-man trying to figure out where I mapped it. I changed HUD, camera-view and probably a lot more before I found the actual menu.

Did some work on it, then had to manhandle the car a little bit. Looked at where the menu was, and it had gone away. I then had to restart the process.
Like it wasn't hectic enough with the twitchy car and wet weather :geek:

Oh. And thanks @Redvaliant for hosting! End of 2021 and so far in 2022 have been really good for realizing my simracing dreams.
First the 100 meilen von Nürnberg, then the 80's prototype/sportscars multiclass-race, both in rF2. And now I've finally been able to do an online race at Cleveland! :D

Nah. @Steve Le Gallez told me you had apologized. So it was a case of me not hearing :)

EDIT: Or... "told me". He got used his dad-voice, and firmly asked me: "Didn't you hear Ehud apologize to you? He did it in the race, and also after the race."
I felt like a little boy who had done something wrong!
I Have also let you pass after the incident, in the confusion of the incedent I was looking for you to let you rejoin first, you probebly been in a blind spot. When I have seen you behind me before turn 2 I slowed down to let you pass safely. The accident was my mistake.

You are very welcome Ole, but please note that in future you will be getting a weight penalty, probably a bag or two of cement, placed around the front wing. Enjoy!:devilish:

Latest News

Back