Only like to race GT3 and Stockcars

I realize that I only have a few hrs to decide if I want to keep AMS, but I reallyonly like to race GT3 and stockcars. I don't want to have to D/L all this into AMS,plus the tracks that are on this are not ones that I would run anyway. Maybe I am better off with ACC?

I too have raced in real life, and I have never seen the on ice physics that I see on SOME of the cars in AMS2. In some of the cars that have ~100hp and 75tq, I can spin the tires better than the Mustang and Buick Regal GN I ran (@lawsy, Nice times. Very similar to the Grand National. There were faster times, but not with street tires). However, when AMS2 gets it right it really gets it right. IMO the argument on the physics of the game can be car, and even track, dependent.

Edit: The Mustang I ran was mine and ran in stock form with a 351C. The Buick Regal Grand National I drove for another. It was an awesome car, although definitely not stock ;).

Last edited:
Earlier you said you've had cars as fast as 13s down the quarter. Well my track car is stiffly sprung, running average street tyres and is still good for a 12.6 @ 114mph. I also has an aggressive mechanuical LSD intended for drift/oversteer. So I guess you could say I've driven a powerful car.

This means I don't need to pour vegetable anywhere to spin the tyres and create smoke. I wouldn't be stupid enough to pour oil on the street in the first place and potentially cause an accident for someone minding their own business.

The SuperV8 has a huge jump in power compared to both of our cars plus a completely locked diff. These facts, combined with the onboard footage, tell me the tail happy nature of the car in game is very much within the realm of possibility.

Have you considered that since the car is traction limited on power, that you might need a little finesse on corner exit? A small amount of throttle can be enough to cause oversteer depending on the amount of tyre slip and the weight distribution at that exact moment. You can't simply compare the percentage of throttle you are applying to that of a professional driver and say the car in game is broken.

There's other people in the thread already telling you your 13 second street car does not equate to knowing how to drive a V8 Supercar. My car doesn't either but at least its characteristics are a lot closer.

I haven't driven the same car in AMS1/RF2 so I can't comment on that. I'm happy to speculate, however, that maybe it's more forgiving of driver deficiencies. That doesn't mean the AMS2 version is broken, it may be more realistic.

Try improving your driving instead of blaming the game and lashing out at anyone who disagrees with you.

"I haven't driven the same car in AMS1/RF2 so I can't comment on that. I'm happy to speculate, however, that maybe it's more forgiving of driver deficiencies. That doesn't mean the AMS2 version is broken, it may be more realistic."

I think AMS1 was on sale last month for a few dollars, please buy it and we can all speak the same language here and stop speculating because this car is broken compared to AMS1 and even rf2 as many cars are in AMS2 . Anyway love this game is my nr 1 sim, might not be the best but surely is the most enjoyable and natural ffb. I am sure Renato laughs at these posts because he knows a lot of fixes are coming and all will be fixed in due time, they clearly did not have enough time ;)!

TShrimp, I do think some cars are a bit slippery. For example, in an online race at Adelaide in the Camaro SS the entire field of drivers were astounded by little grip there was. All drivers had to drive incredibly slowly to negotiate the tight corners. Every single driver went off at turn one, despite seeing others do the same before them. Since a gentleman earlier in this thread has the real car and criticizes the grip in AMS2 I think that one seems pretty clear.

DEIC, I prefer to dedicate my time to one sim at a time, so I won't be purchasing AMS1 for the sake of an internet debate. How another sim recreates car x is not relevant to how AMS2 creates the same car. People may prefer it in one sim vs another and that matter of opinion is beyond reproach. But just because someone prefers it another sim doesn't mean it is broken here. Is the Formula Ultimate broken in AMS2 because it is easier to drive in F12020?

The SuperV8 is challenging but driveable. The first time I drove it I was spinning too, but rather than dismiss it as broken I practiced until I could get it around the track. I've still got some way to go but there's plenty of people who are really fast in that car. Do they have a special, non-broken version or are they just better drivers?

Let's put it another way: If the player base of AMS2 were to try and drive a V8 Supercar in real life, do you think everyone would be able to do so successfully? Plenty would be losing the rear on throttle, and then the excuses would be rolled out to protect their egos: big power, no downforce, locked diff, etc.

Yet other drivers would be respectable in the same car, because they are humble and can comprehend they are the limiting factor. They would accept that these characteristics make the car difficult and spend time improving their driving.

The superV8 in AMS2 is challenging, but based on real life footage of professional drivers racing the real car and the characteristics of the vehicle, I still feel AMS2 might be close to the mark.

If Reiza do tone the car down, it doesn't mean it was broken, just that they are catering to the wishes of their customers who want all the cars to be accessible. It's an unenviable position to be, trying to stay true to the source vehicles yet keep the game fun for the users whose driving expertise is limited to pouring oil on a road and doing burnouts.

Again you ignore the details of what I said vs what we see in your silly video.
There's no reasoning with your type of fannyboy who loves broken, built for weirdos physics.
I found another 'silly' video where the driver has to treat the throttle with respect:

Every time you post in this thread you come across as even more childish and immature. It was clear earlier you have no where near the credibility you thought you did. It's also clear you have no where near the driving skill you thought you did, but that one hasn't sunk in yet.

TShrimp, I do think some cars are a bit slippery. For example, in an online race at Adelaide in the Camaro SS the entire field of drivers were astounded by little grip there was. All drivers had to drive incredibly slowly to negotiate the tight corners. Every single driver went off at turn one, despite seeing others do the same before them. Since a gentleman earlier in this thread has the real car and criticizes the grip in AMS2 I think that one seems pretty clear.

DEIC, I prefer to dedicate my time to one sim at a time, so I won't be purchasing AMS1 for the sake of an internet debate. How another sim recreates car x is not relevant to how AMS2 creates the same car. People may prefer it in one sim vs another and that matter of opinion is beyond reproach. But just because someone prefers it another sim doesn't mean it is broken here. Is the Formula Ultimate broken in AMS2 because it is easier to drive in F12020?

The SuperV8 is challenging but driveable. The first time I drove it I was spinning too, but rather than dismiss it as broken I practiced until I could get it around the track. I've still got some way to go but there's plenty of people who are really fast in that car. Do they have a special, non-broken version or are they just better drivers?

Let's put it another way: If the player base of AMS2 were to try and drive a V8 Supercar in real life, do you think everyone would be able to do so successfully? Plenty would be losing the rear on throttle, and then the excuses would be rolled out to protect their egos: big power, no downforce, locked diff, etc.

Yet other drivers would be respectable in the same car, because they are humble and can comprehend they are the limiting factor. They would accept that these characteristics make the car difficult and spend time improving their driving.

The superV8 in AMS2 is challenging, but based on real life footage of professional drivers racing the real car and the characteristics of the vehicle, I still feel AMS2 might be close to the mark.

If Reiza do tone the car down, it doesn't mean it was broken, just that they are catering to the wishes of their customers who want all the cars to be accessible. It's an unenviable position to be, trying to stay true to the source vehicles yet keep the game fun for the users whose driving expertise is limited to pouring oil on a road and doing burnouts.

You are a funny man :))!

• Deleted member 197115

Cant-stop-now-someone-is-wrong-on-the-internet.jpg

Fwyflyer says he owns a comparable car to the ams2 camaro, describes the obvious truth about the controllability of the car, and lawsy "gives" him that one, LOL, so now we just need other owners of the cars with dodgy rear tyre physics to chime in and lawsy can stfu for good LOL.

Think about it folks, lawsy can accept one car has dodgy physics, and anyone who whines about it is no longer a crappy driver, but anyone who can't drive any other ice physics cars must be crappy drivers.

Lol, he also talks about the whole field going off in the camaro and thinks its normal and justifies the undeveloped physics of the other cars.

He also cant be consistent to save himself as i mentioned that many of the very powerful open wheelers dont exhibit the ice physics yet thats okay despite their power to weight ratio and poor mechanical grip due to the lower weight of a open wheeler.

It doesn't end though, he shows us a video of a real v8sc behaving as it should, ie , losing traction when full throttle is applied in the lower gears, heck we can even match the audio of sharp rise in revs to loose rear end relative to full application of throttle, yet when numerous people explain how low throttle inputs act like full throttle inputs, hes clueless.

Its quite ludicrous listening to such a fanboy, you wonder what he'll say when these cars are fixed....lol.

Every time you post you come off as increasingly childish and immature. Name calling like fanboy amongst other things, when I have been critical of the games many bugs and unfinished features.

The truth is the car is challenging and you aren't good enough to drive it. Having a 13 second street car does not make you the authority on the matter and give you the right to tell others they aren't qualified to have an opinion and probably haven't even driven a car.

Plenty of people overcoming the rear traction on the leaderboards, how do you explain that? The difference is in their attitude towards self improvement compared to blaming the car. Until you are willing to be humble you will never improve at many things in life.

We have already highjacked and ruined this thread for others. I'll leave it there and hope you are big enough to do the same.

I loaded up AMS2 for the first time in a while. I took the GT4 Ginetta on Oulton Park and there is something weird about the handling. Is it normal to be able to get the rear end so far sideways on the track and be able to save it and even control it so easily? I need to try it ACC I guess but it seemed very unreal to me. At times I felt like I was at 90 degrees to the track.

I will agree that Reiza is a fantastic studio which I trust to get things much better. But, the diminishing player base has nothing to do with "lift off oversteer." The fact is the physics on street cars (which probably have the widest appeal worldwide) are absolute rubbish. I seriously hope that Reiza takes up the gauntlet of ACC's GT4 DLC and takes the time to correctly model the physics of each of the cars they use in game. When you apply moderate throttle to ACC's GT4 cars, they don't just make an instant 90 degree turn in a furious attempt to leave the track; instead, they react predictably. Given time, I am sure Reiza will correct many of these issues. But, until they manage to get real cars like the Camaro SS to handle reasonably like their real life counterparts, they will bleed users.

I am not saying that all of Reiza's cars have terrible physics. I enjoy several of them. But, most of them currently drive more like fantasy cars than real ones. I drive the Camaro SS in real life. It has great cornering, great braking, and great acceleration. And, when one steps hard on the throttle, the Camaro SS may squirm a bit but it is more than happy to take drivers deep into the corners and then bring them out with a smile that wont come off for hours. In an AMS2 Camaro SS, on the other hand, moderate application of the throttle is more likely to take the driver into the fence than it is to get him or her to the next corner.

I should state that I am also aware that the AMS2 Camaro SS is a WIP. And, I wouldn't normally make a big deal of it except the only other streetcar handles just as badly in my opinion.

I drove the Camaro for the first time on Saturday. And you are correct, the physics are way off. The slightest throttle, and it was off the road. To be fair I can't think of many, if any, sim racing games that gets American cars right. It is like they have never been in an American sports/muscle car. One car I would love to see in a game may be surprising....the Ford Fusion 2.7 twin turbo AWD.

I loaded up AMS2 for the first time in a while. I took the GT4 Ginetta on Oulton Park and there is something weird about the handling. Is it normal to be able to get the rear end so far sideways on the track and be able to save it and even control it so easily? I need to try it ACC I guess but it seemed very unreal to me. At times I felt like I was at 90 degrees to the track.
IMO GT4 cars can be a little easier than many other cars to drive/control. With ACC, which is fantastic, it is actually easier to drive the Ginetta IMO..except the wheel being on the wrong side ;).

IMO, the v8sc in AMS2 are nowhere near as "undriveable" as people are making them out to be. Once tire temps are up the cars behave pretty consistently and are actually super fun. I haven't played AMS/RF2 versions of them, but i have played the iracing, pcars2, and AC mod, and out of those i like AMS2's interpretation the best. AC/pcars2 are even more prone to on-throttle over-steer than in AMS2 and aren't consistent at all. And iracing's physics is just a mess in general. At the end of the day, no sim is going to get every single car right for every single track. every sim has its strong/weak cars. Reiza at least seems like they care enough to keep updating cars as they go.

Also... a 13 sec steet car isnt fast. A stock STI does that no problem. i did high 11's with my stock 2018 mustang gt PP1(with street tires too) and i still only consider that car quick.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware