Only like to race GT3 and Stockcars

I realize that I only have a few hrs to decide if I want to keep AMS, but I reallyonly like to race GT3 and stockcars. I don't want to have to D/L all this into AMS,plus the tracks that are on this are not ones that I would run anyway. Maybe I am better off with ACC?

A 13 second quarter mile is ok for a street car but not fast at all for a race car. It's not indicative of what to expect.

Mighty car mods raced a V8 supercar on a drag strip and it struggled to get the power down, and still ran an 11.0:
That's a world of difference in power and limited rear traction. The super V8 needs careful throttle application, but I don't think this is unrealistic.

I was looking forward to this sim but it's not quite giving me the wow factor it's not gamepad friendly and not mod able when I do drive a couple of laps without hitting the barriers I don't get the sense of speed as with ams1 which is what I will stick with for now and keep adding the updates to ams2 and see if it improves

I've owned and driven scores of Australian Muscle cars, many capable of 1/4 mile in the 13's....
The way it works is, a small application of throttle ISN'T supposed to kick the ass end out, that's reserved for a much larger dose of throttle as low power inputs lack power and torque to break traction, especially on a race car.

I've had more time to drive some more cars and many are very good, and definitely don't act like it's wet weather on the rear.
I've been driving sims for 10yrs, and owned powerful cars for 20, I be dead a million times over if the V8SC's car appalling rear traction was close to reality.....they've even cocked up the 2020 Brazilian Stock Car{rear ice physics}

No offense but, Super V8's are way faster than 13's in the quarter. Even your average GT3 would put down low 11's easily at the 1/4 mile with a driver who just knows throttle and brakes. There's consumer made Subaru's that can hit mid 13's with the tires you get at the dealership. In fact, the consumer grade GT3 RS which has a much more inferior ABS, transmission and overall dynamics compared to the race car GT3, is capable of 11.1 in the 1/4 mile.

I've owned and driven scores of Australian Muscle cars, many capable of 1/4 mile in the 13's....
The way it works is, a small application of throttle ISN'T supposed to kick the ass end out, that's reserved for a much larger dose of throttle as low power inputs lack power and torque to break traction, especially on a race car.

I've had more time to drive some more cars and many are very good, and definitely don't act like it's wet weather on the rear.
I've been driving sims for 10yrs, and owned powerful cars for 20, I be dead a million times over if the V8SC's car appalling rear traction was close to reality.....they've even cocked up the 2020 Brazilian Stock Car{rear ice physics}

I am right there with you. Many cars just are not right, and have that driving on ice feeling...especially on acceleration. I am sorry, but 100hp/75tq isn't going to spin. Pop the clutch with it floored, and maybe get a little chirp, but with AMS2 you can fly off the track. With that said, when they have the cars right they feel really good. This title needed another 6 months to a year of work before it was release in V1. I like the game, and don't regret my purchase, but I am also not blinded to its shortcomings.

Some cars are very tail happy, it's the truth. You need to exercise throttle control. It can be about not unsettling the chassis as much as it can be about exactly how much power a car has.
Lift off over steer us proof of that. The car can swap ends without the use of any power.

Some cars are very tail happy, it's the truth. You need to exercise throttle control. It can be about not unsettling the chassis as much as it can be about exactly how much power a car has.
Lift off over steer us proof of that. The car can swap ends without the use of any power.

I will agree that Reiza is a fantastic studio which I trust to get things much better. But, the diminishing player base has nothing to do with "lift off oversteer." The fact is the physics on street cars (which probably have the widest appeal worldwide) are absolute rubbish. I seriously hope that Reiza takes up the gauntlet of ACC's GT4 DLC and takes the time to correctly model the physics of each of the cars they use in game. When you apply moderate throttle to ACC's GT4 cars, they don't just make an instant 90 degree turn in a furious attempt to leave the track; instead, they react predictably. Given time, I am sure Reiza will correct many of these issues. But, until they manage to get real cars like the Camaro SS to handle reasonably like their real life counterparts, they will bleed users.

I am not saying that all of Reiza's cars have terrible physics. I enjoy several of them. But, most of them currently drive more like fantasy cars than real ones. I drive the Camaro SS in real life. It has great cornering, great braking, and great acceleration. And, when one steps hard on the throttle, the Camaro SS may squirm a bit but it is more than happy to take drivers deep into the corners and then bring them out with a smile that wont come off for hours. In an AMS2 Camaro SS, on the other hand, moderate application of the throttle is more likely to take the driver into the fence than it is to get him or her to the next corner.

I should state that I am also aware that the AMS2 Camaro SS is a WIP. And, I wouldn't normally make a big deal of it except the only other streetcar handles just as badly in my opinion.

Last edited:
Only drove for an hour or so but reiza forgot to load the dry weather rear tire physics on some of these cars.

I drove camaro, V8SC, 620r cat and all 3 acted like it was wet on corner exit, ie, even small throttle inputs sent the ass end into a frenzy.

Surely its understood that huge power isn't available at first, so the cars should be relatively grippy if throttle is lightly applied.

People were saying the ginetta was a good car, well that i agree with as its rear tyre model is more realistic.

You can notice what im talking about when watching people drive these cars on YouTube.
I originally thought these guys were lead footed, but the tyres have virtually zero grip during the initial stages of throttle.

Remember that whilst you're exiting a corner you're dealing with inertia and a limited tyre contact patch, however this is the point of light throttle inputs, unfortunately the cars can snap out and access the pendulum effect and making the whole corner a complete mess.

If i wanted this horrible physics I could get a refund and re install PC2, so I hope this is addressed in future.
Reiza can clearly build good cars like the ginetta and the formula reiza I drove briefly.

Otherwise the steering wheel precision on my t300rs is excellent.

Ok so I am not fan of V8SC so not an expert but after seeing this post I did about a day of testing this car I you are right about this car.
First I went and compared this car to the one available in rf2, that one felt like it had TC, it was that stable under traction on the same Imola track built by Reiza so I said ok this is a mod might no be that good.
Second I went and compared this car to the one available in AMS 1 and big surprise that one was handling like the one in rf2.
I am not a hater pls guys do not get me wrong I love AMS 1 and 2 and in AMS 2 I already have 285h of gameplay but there are a LOTof bugs in AMS 2 that need to be fixed.
So in my conclusion:
V8SC is probably the worst car I drove in AMS 2 is very difficult under throttle compared to AMS 1, feels like is has a lot more power, this would not bother me to much but the back and the brakes are really something else.
Also something I did not see in other cars in AMS 2 the back of the car seems to have a mind of its own doesn't seem at all connected to the front of the car, just goes its own way.
In other cars in AMS 2 the back of the car want's to step out I know this I have seen it in many cars and it does not bother me that much I can enjoy those cars but in V8SC it is just a whole new level of disconnection.
The last problem I noticed with the V8SC is the brakes, no mater what you do to the front brakes, open...close the brake duct, shift the brake balance to the back nothing helps in every corner front brakes are heating up like crazy and are also cooling in a few seconds, much faster than the brakes in the back.

But, the diminishing player base has nothing to do with "lift off oversteer."
The fact is the physics on street cars (which probably have the widest appeal worldwide) are absolute rubbish.

Street cars, in a Motorsport simulator, have the widest appeal....FACT.

OK then. Please provide evidence of this fact.

I do agree that I feel the physics are somewhat suspect, but I couldn't care less if they were in the game. No way is it a reason for poor number of users. The reason IMO for that, would be the half baked v1.0, that most people don't appreciate, regardless of what Reiza and certain fanboys say.

Last edited:
First, had you quoted me correctly, you should have noticed that I said street cars PROBABLY have the widest appeal worldwide.

I said this because I don't imagine Brazilian sports cars are the real draw here. And, while some of the open wheelers and the super V8s are appealing, they too have limited audiences. In my case, I think the open wheelers are the best part of AMS2 as it currently stands. Typically, I would gravitate toward the superV8s and streetcars, but they gotta be polished up a bit first.

So, what fact are you trying to prove, and what is your point? You think (not fact) street cars being rubbish is the reason for diminishing player numbers, and I am challenging that. I think the broken incomplete nature of the game is why numbers are diminishing (including me). Rfactor 2 has recaught my excitement (even with crap UI and no Championship mode) over AMS2 for now.

Who could believe it after AMS1, but I've deleted AMS2 and re installed RF2, and "damn" what a brilliant surprise as it seems Studio 397 have made improvements to many of the cars and most drive to my satisfaction and then some like the Ferrari.

I also dled a 2018 Australian V8SC RF2 mod and it's friggin epic{steam workshop}, so I'll be rf2-ing for the next six to 12months before re-trying AMS2.

Hopefully Reiza can fix these problems.

The game has a bunch of problems but the need for throttle control on the SuperV8 is not one of them.
See how gradually the driver applies throttle onto the main straight and exiting turn 1. Seems consistent with the driving in game to me.
What im seeing is he gets on the throttle reasonably early, and when the revs build, the ass gets loose, however, that's NOT what im experiencing.

Im essentially doing the same thing as the race driver but the car is acting like my tiny throttle input has the same effect as his later input at much higher revs.

Have you ever driven a powerful car?

Among many things I used to do, I poured vegetable oil on the street and let rip in my worked stroker motor LH Torana, the result was a huge burnout with smoke to match.

I never once lost control of the car, and almost always made a point of going out in the wet so I could fishtail without destroying my tyres, but never had and significant spins.

This is because I was mindful of the power and power to weight ie, i doubt my torana weighed more than 1400kg as it was a compact v8 from the 70s sans air con and power steering.

My engine was a 5.3ltr.

Your thoughts make me doubt you even have any car, and certainly can't be considered as someone able to properly observe and understand reality based on these nonsense videos.

In the first vid, the car behaved as expected because he revved the crap out of either 2nd or 3rd, and the ass got loose only when the revs built, you could hear and observe the sharp rise in rpm and the subsequent loss of traction from the rear drive wheels.

Earlier you said you've had cars as fast as 13s down the quarter. Well my track car is stiffly sprung, running average street tyres and is still good for a 12.6 @ 114mph. I also has an aggressive mechanuical LSD intended for drift/oversteer. So I guess you could say I've driven a powerful car.

This means I don't need to pour vegetable anywhere to spin the tyres and create smoke. I wouldn't be stupid enough to pour oil on the street in the first place and potentially cause an accident for someone minding their own business.

The SuperV8 has a huge jump in power compared to both of our cars plus a completely locked diff. These facts, combined with the onboard footage, tell me the tail happy nature of the car in game is very much within the realm of possibility.

Have you considered that since the car is traction limited on power, that you might need a little finesse on corner exit? A small amount of throttle can be enough to cause oversteer depending on the amount of tyre slip and the weight distribution at that exact moment. You can't simply compare the percentage of throttle you are applying to that of a professional driver and say the car in game is broken.

There's other people in the thread already telling you your 13 second street car does not equate to knowing how to drive a V8 Supercar. My car doesn't either but at least its characteristics are a lot closer.

I haven't driven the same car in AMS1/RF2 so I can't comment on that. I'm happy to speculate, however, that maybe it's more forgiving of driver deficiencies. That doesn't mean the AMS2 version is broken, it may be more realistic.

Try improving your driving instead of blaming the game and lashing out at anyone who disagrees with you.

Earlier you said you've had cars as fast as 13s down the quarter. Well my track car is stiffly sprung, running average street tyres and is still good for a 12.6 @ 114mph. I also has an aggressive mechanuical LSD intended for drift/oversteer. So I guess you could say I've driven a powerful car.

This means I don't need to pour vegetable anywhere to spin the tyres and create smoke. I wouldn't be stupid enough to pour oil on the street in the first place and potentially cause an accident for someone minding their own business.

The SuperV8 has a huge jump in power compared to both of our cars plus a completely locked diff. These facts, combined with the onboard footage, tell me the tail happy nature of the car in game is very much within the realm of possibility.

Have you considered that since the car is traction limited on power, that you might need a little finesse on corner exit? A small amount of throttle can be enough to cause oversteer depending on the amount of tyre slip and the weight distribution at that exact moment. You can't simply compare the percentage of throttle you are applying to that of a professional driver and say the car in game is broken.

There's other people in the thread already telling you your 13 second street car does not equate to knowing how to drive a V8 Supercar. My car doesn't either but at least its characteristics are a lot closer.

I haven't driven the same car in AMS1/RF2 so I can't comment on that. I'm happy to speculate, however, that maybe it's more forgiving of driver deficiencies. That doesn't mean the AMS2 version is broken, it may be more realistic.

Try improving your driving instead of blaming the game and lashing out at anyone who disagrees with you.

Myself and others have also mentioned that other cars have the same problem.

Its also the case that some of the powerful open wheelers don't exhibit this behaviour yet their high downforce package does bugger all at lower corner exit speeds.

They can't both be right yet you're happy to tolerate the inconsistency.

I accurately described why the race driver got the ass loose in that silly video you linked, but you continue to stupidly tell me how to drive a hobby ive been at for 10yrs.

Actually, you went a lot further than that, bragging about your oil induced burnouts and telling me I'd never driven a car let alone a powerful one. And you still continue to label me stupid and call a video of the actual car nonsense.

The SuperV8 has negligible downforce and a locked diff. It also is based on a (big and heavy) production car with a relatively high centre of gravity. It has slicks but these are not the same as a high level open wheel formula car. From an engineering point of view, it has little in common besides significant engine power. Your comparison in handling and grip is poorly made, there is a lot more to it than engine power and aerodynamics.

Look at the lap records for Bathurst: https://www.mount-panorama.com.au/facts/records/35-mount-panorama-records
The V8 Supercar record is almost four seconds slower than an F3, which has well under half the power. This is despite the two long straights to stretch the V8s legs where you think it would have a huge advantage.

A V8 Supercar's grip pales in comparison to Formula cars. This is what makes V8 Supercars entertaining to watch to watch in real life and a handful in AMS2. This is what makes it fun if you're humble enough to accept the challenge.

As I said, the game has some significant issues but you not being able to drive this car isn't one.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%