Only like to race GT3 and Stockcars

I realize that I only have a few hrs to decide if I want to keep AMS, but I reallyonly like to race GT3 and stockcars. I don't want to have to D/L all this into AMS,plus the tracks that are on this are not ones that I would run anyway. Maybe I am better off with ACC?

I realize that I only have a few hrs to decide if I want to keep AMS, but I reallyonly like to race GT3 and stockcars. I don't want to have to D/L all this into AMS,plus the tracks that are on this are not ones that I would run anyway. Maybe I am better off with ACC?

Buy the game. I believe you have 2 hours to return from Steam (Edit: just realized it looks like this is what you are already doing :)). I purchased it during EA during versions 0.9.7. For me the physics didn't feel right. All cars but one I tested felt like I was driving on ice. Tires didn't feel like they were making contact with the road. It just didn't feel right. Also, the car choices at that time, and not sure if this changed, was very poor for my tastes. The tracks were different, and that was nice. Add that to game crashing twice, and what looks to be holding out content for paid DLC, and I decided to return it. There is a lot of discussion about what the game will become, but once it is in release 1.0 it should be at its somewhat final state minus bug fixes, etc.

I can definitely see a market for this game, but I am not that demographic. I want to drive cars I have dreamed of owning some day, but know I never will. ACC is my favorite sim, so if you are leaning that way I would say that may be best for you. The physics and overall feeling of the cars are fantastic. My gripe with ACC is their SA rating. Good in theory, but the AI causes so many accidents, and you will get penalized for the poor decisions of the AI. It is almost a guarantee that if I am in the top 3 spots and in the home stretch I will be taken out by the AI, and I will not retain the SA I had built up the entire race...all while limping across the finish line at the bottom of the pack all due to the AI.

I may revisit the game in the future. The problem is I already used up my return, so when I decide I will have to keep it next time.

I don't really see why you would buy this title atm.....you answered all your own questions in your opening post.
You really only race GT3 and wouldn't race the tracks currently in the game.

When you expand your racing experience outside of GT3s and overused GT/F1 tracks....I'd highly recommend AMS2 for something completely different.
Same reason I play other titles.
Iracing for it's dirt & ovals, Raceroom for touring cars, PC2 for RX and ACC for GT3/GT4.

Reiza will be releasing a GT3/GT4 DLC along with a Dirt and classic DLC which will make this a very well rounded title down the road.

I bought both AMS2 and ACC,tired them and returned them both. Think I will wait for someday GTR3 to come out. Meanwhile, I have GTR2/RF2 and RRE.

I too bought AMS 2 and ACC now on summer sale. After reading all the comments on bsimracing and here, I thought the was going to be a breakthrough in technology. People are praising AMS for driving experience like we took a 10 year leap in the future in sims, but it was far from what was expected after reading comments. It was far from it.

As for having a little bit time on my hand, I'll add my own 2 cents for AMS now in the paragraphs under, so people could get another opinion on this game. This is neutral as possible since Im not biased towards any sim.

So I own almost all the sims I believe? Everything from 2008 and onwards. GTR2, GTR Evo with all the addons, rfactor, rfactor 2, LFS, Automobilista 1, Assetto Corsa, Project cars 1 and 2, had iRacing for some months. So I've been through it all, I tried both ACC tonight and AMS 2, and refunded them both. Here are my 2 cents.

After reading all the comments for AMS2, with all the praise and fame its getting, I was expecting something really raw and new. Ams looked like a repolished version of rFactor 1, but had a very raw and natural feeling, both driving and FFB. It was nothing like rFactor 1, the feeling of driving the cars was 10 times better than avarage rfactor 1 mods. So I was expecting AMS 2 to be all the best from AC, ACC, rFactor 2 and Pcars 2 combined from all the comments on several sites.

When launched the game and going out the pits, it felt like pcars 2 all over again. same graphics, same style UI, menu, buttons, everything. Even the most annoying feature from pcars 2 was there. You go off the track in the last sector and lose 10 seconds in a spin in the gravel traps, and your lap gets invalidated WITH your next lap, even though you didnt lose time. But anyway, it felt and WAS pcars 2 all over again. The FFB was better, sound, and details on the cars, and characteristics were more raw and better made, but nothing major. I tried 4 different vehicles and classes, 2-3 races and some practice testing. But even with summer sale now, I wanted to have a refund.

The reason is: nothing new or major improvements from the Sim world. It reminded me too much on pcars 2 and come on, the driving experience is great, but nothing "OMFG best experience period".

This is a perfect buy if you dont have pcars 2 from before! This is your answer. If you dont have, go buy AMS 2 right now. But if you've tried everything, you'll find out that this is nothing major new. The best thing in this game are the V8 cars and the Brazilian tracks. I wish all the brazilian tracks would make it to other sims, because they are PERFECT and GREAT! They are the tracks that new sims are missing, you can still have raw racing on them, its the total opposit of Paul Richard HTTT.

ACC was refunded because of its unplayable in VR, all the posts in ACC forum is correct regarding stuttering and the whole bit.

With the money I got back from the refund, Im rather going to invest it on AC paid mods and have fun. AC is delivering great racing with SOL and CSP mods and everything, STILL, after release. So this is rather my cup of tea and my 2 cents, instead of playing around with FFB settings and everything for 2 new sims for 2-3 hours, playing them 5 or more, and going back to 1 sim that can give me everything I want, which is peaking now with quality content and everything, and has most of the issues sorted out.

Again, just my 2 cents and my opinion. Everybody has their own, but I'd rather donate or spend 35 euros on paid mods or private mods in AC, than to "just buy another sim", and buy a premium membership here for online racing.

Only drove for an hour or so but reiza forgot to load the dry weather rear tire physics on some of these cars.

I drove camaro, V8SC, 620r cat and all 3 acted like it was wet on corner exit, ie, even small throttle inputs sent the ass end into a frenzy.

Surely its understood that huge power isn't available at first, so the cars should be relatively grippy if throttle is lightly applied.

People were saying the ginetta was a good car, well that i agree with as its rear tyre model is more realistic.

You can notice what im talking about when watching people drive these cars on YouTube.
I originally thought these guys were lead footed, but the tyres have virtually zero grip during the initial stages of throttle.

Remember that whilst you're exiting a corner you're dealing with inertia and a limited tyre contact patch, however this is the point of light throttle inputs, unfortunately the cars can snap out and access the pendulum effect and making the whole corner a complete mess.

If i wanted this horrible physics I could get a refund and re install PC2, so I hope this is addressed in future.
Reiza can clearly build good cars like the ginetta and the formula reiza I drove briefly.

Otherwise the steering wheel precision on my t300rs is excellent.

This thread is LOL

What i find LOL is that quite a few seasoned simmers have passed through these pages complaining of broken/poor physics. Rather than listen, perhaps do some back to back testing with AMS1/Rf2, it's been the popular thing to post LOL or put down comments, laughing emoji's etc driving people away.

An hour or two of subjective testing and a blind man could tell something was up. The guys at Reiza are long time simmers, i'm sure they are aware of this. But as long as you ridicule the few while all claiming this to be "the best sim ever", you give Reiza no reason to make efforts in that direction.

I'm writing this because i've just spent an hour racing Vee's at Oulton park in AMS1. Not once did i think this is weird or that's odd or the steering is pulling the wrong way. 672 hours in and there's no way i would delete AMS. Just like i haven't deleted ANY other sim dating back to GTR1.

30 hours AMS2 lasted. Unless there is a major physics update, i just don't see any point. Ams1 does it better.

Last edited:
For the most part I dig AMS2, but is a mixed bag. Some cars are wicked fun (GT4 Ginetta, F3, ARC Camaro) while others just don't impress. Nonetheless, I'm having fun with it, primarily hot lapping and short offline races - graphically decent, solid in VR, good FFB. Lacks a lot of polish and the single player campaign is abysmal poor. Also I typically prefer more mainstream or traditional content, but am kind of enjoying a departure onto unusual tracks. Fun factor, yes. Pure physics across all content, no.

Only drove for an hour or so but reiza forgot to load the dry weather rear tire physics on some of these cars.

I drove camaro, V8SC, 620r cat and all 3 acted like it was wet on corner exit, ie, even small throttle inputs sent the ass end into a frenzy.

Surely its understood that huge power isn't available at first, so the cars should be relatively grippy if throttle is lightly applied.

People were saying the ginetta was a good car, well that i agree with as its rear tyre model is more realistic.

You can notice what im talking about when watching people drive these cars on YouTube.
I originally thought these guys were lead footed, but the tyres have virtually zero grip during the initial stages of throttle.

Remember that whilst you're exiting a corner you're dealing with inertia and a limited tyre contact patch, however this is the point of light throttle inputs, unfortunately the cars can snap out and access the pendulum effect and making the whole corner a complete mess.

If i wanted this horrible physics I could get a refund and re install PC2, so I hope this is addressed in future.
Reiza can clearly build good cars like the ginetta and the formula reiza I drove briefly.

Otherwise the steering wheel precision on my t300rs is excellent.

Hmm i think you need to watch the real V8SUPERCARS to understand how gentle you have to be on the throttle coming out of a corner to avoid wheel spin, watch the onboard videos with the throttle graph and you'll see.

The SuperV8 in game is pretty damn close to the real thing, it went through a lot of changes during beta/ea (what didn't!) to get where it is now. Personally i think it's very life like on throttle application, once the rears are up to temp it's easy to control the wheel spin with the aforementioned gentle approach and get good lap times.

I suggest you try for longer than an hour with one car, work at the setup and then see what happens, as your post kinda suggests you came with a conclusion before you even loaded the game.

Hmm i think you need to watch the real V8SUPERCARS to understand how gentle you have to be on the throttle coming out of a corner to avoid wheel spin, watch the onboard videos with the throttle graph and you'll see.

The SuperV8 in game is pretty damn close to the real thing, it went through a lot of changes during beta/ea (what didn't!) to get where it is now. Personally i think it's very life like on throttle application, once the rears are up to temp it's easy to control the wheel spin with the aforementioned gentle approach and get good lap times.

I suggest you try for longer than an hour with one car, work at the setup and then see what happens, as your post kinda suggests you came with a conclusion before you even loaded the game.
I've owned and driven scores of Australian Muscle cars, many capable of 1/4 mile in the 13's....
The way it works is, a small application of throttle ISN'T supposed to kick the ass end out, that's reserved for a much larger dose of throttle as low power inputs lack power and torque to break traction, especially on a race car.

I've had more time to drive some more cars and many are very good, and definitely don't act like it's wet weather on the rear.
I've been driving sims for 10yrs, and owned powerful cars for 20, I be dead a million times over if the V8SC's car appalling rear traction was close to reality.....they've even cocked up the 2020 Brazilian Stock Car{rear ice physics}

I currently sim with pCars2, ACC, DiRT 2 and AC on my PC and I sim GTR2, GTL and AMS on my Mac. My vintage setup is an original g25 and a TiR that were purchased about 10 yrs ago. Yes I need an upgrade! My setup runs really well with AMS2. I'm especially fond of the Sprint car and the somewhat squirrely Ginetta.

I bought AMS2 on sale about 3 months before v1.0 and I have been enjoying it and driving it the most. The series included cover an amazing breadth of vehicles each with their own idiosyncratic handling and Reiza are the kind of independent studio that will keep on tweaking and giving. What other studio has this much passion? I just have more fun driving these obscure cars and learning how to drive them. I do enjoy ACC as GTs are my fave but find the driving a tad repetitive. I know most of the tracks and the cars all drive to well IMHO. Personally I believe in the guys at Reiza, in time, will bring this to a level of expectations that most will eventually appreciate. Personally, I rather support a small team of dedicated devs than the repetitive drivel that is coming out of Codies.

Steam is great for trying out new sims. You can always return if you aren't tickled.

I've owned and driven scores of Australian Muscle cars, many capable of 1/4 mile in the 13's....
The way it works is, a small application of throttle ISN'T supposed to kick the ass end out, that's reserved for a much larger dose of throttle as low power inputs lack power and torque to break traction, especially on a race car.

I've had more time to drive some more cars and many are very good, and definitely don't act like it's wet weather on the rear.
I've been driving sims for 10yrs, and owned powerful cars for 20, I be dead a million times over if the V8SC's car appalling rear traction was close to reality.....they've even cocked up the 2020 Brazilian Stock Car{rear ice physics}

Ok :)

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware