Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Had a suprisingly good qually, I was 2nd :)
Race, on the other hand was horrible, first of all I have to say sorry to the guy who I hit in the first corner, dont know who it was, I tried to wait but it was a bit to dangerus so I continued, but allredy in Eau Ruge I got a cut worning for going over the curb as I couldent turn the car probaly, and I had to slow down, but the worning kept beeing shown even when I tried to stop the car completly, and then I got a 30 sek. penalty in the pits, took it atones, got back out and did a good couple of laps but then I brushed the wall and lost a bit of speed, and then I started to loose grip, desided to change the tires, as I could see others were doing, I think, but when I got out of the pit and came down to Eau Ruge I lost the backend and slamed into the tire wall, and decided I had had enugh, so a dnf for me :(

Qual - 7th. Spun it at the top of the hill during my second lap.

Car did not engage in first at the start. Thankfully Bob got around me without ruining his day. Found myself in 3rd after a few laps, much to my surprise. Bob had fallen about 10 sec back and was pacing my laptimes, but started making up time as I let a couple of clearly faster cars by. Had let Pedro by, but then he spun and I went past again. We ended up coming together at the bus stop - but he must have been dead lined up with the back of my car because it didn't appear to suffer any injury. At this point Bob got by and now I was chasing him. A couple of laps later, however, I spun into the inside wall at La Source, taking the tow and dropping me to the back of the remaining field. Spent the next 20-25 laps tracking down Jim, finally passing him for 3rd as attrition took its toll. Then, on the penultimate lap ended up spinning out of the bus stop, taking a tow and finishing in the pits - 4th place.

Yes I have the replay.
Well... topped the pracky time by a nats.
Rubbish qualy.
Start, 3rd after the first corner. Thought there must have been contact as after that the next racer was +10 from me.
Chased the first 2 guys. The leader hit the wall after turn 1 on about lap 3 or 4 ish, 2nd.
Chased the dude who was 2nd. A couple of laps later he binned it and 1st.
The only other people I saw were blue flagged infront of me...
Still had fun lapping with a faster race pace than ever before. 2 stops. 1 spin at the bus stop.Top step, 4 finished.

Missed the regulars badly.
What is it with 1st corner incidents on a 44 lap race? Come on people, its a long race.
I will loose places in the first few laps to avoid an incident...

No worries dudes, it was fun and its only pixles on a screen!
: )

See you at the next one.
Regards

George

RDiR_nascar_silverado.jpg

Server name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RDiR NASCAR Event
Car: Chevrolet Silverado
Track: Charlotte Motor Speedway
Qualification: Lone qualifier (2 continuous hotlaps)
Race Length: 90 Laps
Start Type: Rolling Start
Fast Tows: 1
Full Course Cautions: On

Practice start time: 17:30 GMT (BST +1)/ 2:30pm EST / 11:30am PST
Registration End / Qualification start time: 19:30 GMT (BST +1) / 3:30 pm EST / 12:30 pm PST
***Please be in the server before this time***

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Sign-up list:
[signuplist]279[/signuplist]

Took a look at Oscar and Eric's setups from Sebring and for a 45 mins race we used 11.3-12.3 gal of fuel. So that could be a good starting point for this race. Could be a bit less but won't know for sure till I run a few more laps.

Don't think a pitstop will be necessary in my opinion.

Update - My calcs result in about 8.91 gal (33.7l) of fuel running 2:08 race pace laps. Those who short shift, never get in the sand and are supersmooth may get by with 9.2 (but remember last week...). I'm going with 10.3g (~39l). No stops needed.

* Event will take place if the new cars are released before eventdate *

RDEURO.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS
Class: HPD ARX 01C + Ford GT-R
Track: Sebring International Raceway (International layout)
Laps: 60 mins
Fast Tows: Unlimited
Qualification: Open, 10mins GT only, 5 mins to clear track, 10 mins LMP only !!!

Practice start time: 19:00GMT
Qualification start time: 19:30GMT
***Please be in the hosted server before this time***

[signuplist]280[/signuplist]

Please click on the "Sign-In" button if you would like to sign up for this event. Thanks! :)

* Event will take place if the new cars are released before eventdate *

RDEURO.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS
Class: HPD ARX 01C + Ford GT-R
Track: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Endurance Layout)
Laps: 60 mins
Fast Tows: Unlimited
Qualification: Open, 10mins GT only, 5 mins to clear track, 10 mins LMP only !!!

Practice start time: 19:00GMT
Qualification start time: 19:30GMT
***Please be in the hosted server before this time***

[signuplist]281[/signuplist]

Please click on the "Sign-In" button if you would like to sign up for this event. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back