AC Multiclass FIA GT1 @ Hockenheim - Sunday 16th July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Server is launching here in 25 minutes. Plug and play setup for the 911 on the previous! Just need to set the fuel and tyre pressures! I would add a click or 2 of wing for the race.

It's 2 x 25 minute races.

Tried to download the Mercedes. Checkout worked but I dont get the download link per mail. Hope I will get it in time......Any other solution than wait? Great, 0 laps practice yet:confused:

That was a fantastic track completely ruined by some idiot, the chicane's , two of them were ridiculous, the third was challenging and great.
I congratulate all the front runners and a thankyou to Brian for the organisation.

One of the Chicane designer team members.

download (1).jpg

Last edited:
That was a fantastic track completely ruined by some idiot, the chicane's , two of the were ridiculous, the third was challenging and great.
I congratulate all the front runners and a thankyou to Brian for the organisation.

One of the Chicane designer team members.

View attachment 680656

The first was ok i thought, bit of a monza T1... The exit of the second was actually lovely, but ye clanging through there wasn't very enjoyable. As steve said maybe irl it was a different line there altogether. We have little or no need for any mechanical sympathy! There third chicane is one of the best. Big chicanes are generally alot more fun than the small ones :)

Enjoyed driving the maccer. Such an iconic car and the beauty of an engine directly behind the central driving position :inlove:

Thanks to all for racing and patrick for the battles in both races. Shoutout also to @Rainmaker_87 for all his hard work and sharing it here on RD.

See you at the next one :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Oh man, that race brought back good memories. Was visiting Hockenheim with the old layout at several F1 grand prix back in the 90's. First time in 95 where Michael Schumacher won in the Benetton, I think Damon Hill spun out in the lead in lap 2 with a mechanical failure. Was standing most time between first and second chicane and it was such an experience to see the cars go by at about 340 kph directly behind the fence. Will always remember that as the sound was an experience which is now unfortunately not here any more in f1. I remember the Ferrari as well very good with last time having the V12 engine, that one ripped your ears apart (not that the other engines would have sounded less spectacular).

Found some photos that my brother and me took back then:

Schumi toed back after his win in 95 cheering to the fans, car broke down after finish. That was an emotional extra lap to remember:
schumi 95.jpg

My brother at 300m sign for braking for chicane 2, a Benetton, I think Schumi, going for a lap.
Man, that early 90s fashion look was fancy:laugh:
hockene.jpg

Me at same spot in 95, fancy haircut and style as well:roflmao:. Still remember that smell there was from the cars braking and scrubbing off that bottom plate.
hockenheim2.jpg

Me in the later 90's, maybe 97 or 98, doing some spectator sim racing contest at the ring:

winfield.jpg

By the way in the 95 layout there was a much better second chicane. The third chicane was slower which interrupted the flow there.
Couldn't believe when it was decided to tear down the whole track. What a shame. They could have planted these trees somewhere else and just leave the track for tourist purposes or racing with some slower cars.

This is the spot where I was watching in 95. Had some other spectator spots later as well.

Thanks Robert for the link to this version of Hockenheim for AC. Will definitely do some laps in VR tomorrow for nostalgic reasons.
Thx Brian for organizing and all for racing. Was a good race at the front with close times and lots of fun. I drove stock setup with less rear wing and did not know the car too well but its a great and fun car. Enough waffle,

cu next time

I just couldn't find myself to agree with the track/car combo. Mostly my own fault though! I love the Porsche GT1 and have driven it a lot in AMS2, on this track as well, but I simply couldn't make it work here, didn't feel a thing for some reason and never really felt in control. Only managed two valid laps in 30 minutes and during race one I span out and was already 20 seconds behind anyone else. Didn't feel like hot lapping on my own so opted for some singleplayer racing :)

Thanks to everyone who sat in last night.

Next week, something a bit more leisurely.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back