AC Multiclass FIA GT1 @ Hockenheim - Sunday 16th July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Overly smooth as in floating above the track (and the curbs): absolutely yes.

I don´t use any canned effects, it´s pure telemetry for me.
No idea where the vibrations come from :O_o:

As the car was the only change (drove the track in the Beemer 10min ago) I blame the mod.

Edith:

Found out where the vibrations come from, seems that the bearings of my wheel are worn out:cry:, the vibrations go away as soon as I put mild steering torque on the wheel.

And the Maser HAS roadfeel, I could drive that.

Last edited:
Was just about to post the same thing :D

That merc is fast :cool: And I think one of the easier ones to drive :coffee: Has a lot of grip in the corners too, even with a 4 wing. Sounds nice shifting up too.

That's a great ride around this track in all the cars. Spent too many laps chasing time in the merc :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Cannot get anywhere near that Rotter Robert’s pace, but there is no doubt in my mind which car to chose.
The Porsche is a work of art in its interior.
The Maserati is a clumsy mess
The McLaren is just plain fantastic, but I can lock the brakes at 120mph with 80% power with my plates of meat before I know it. So it makes it totally useless for me, in fact it makes the Agile seem as if it has ABS.
The Mercedes is just plain difficult to get any pace from, but a joy to drive.:)

Last edited:
I love the track and the layout, but it does seem to be missing some textures. It's unrealistically smooth. I bet this track would be fun with an 80s or 90s F1 car, though.

I love the track and the layout, but it does seem to be missing some textures. It's unrealistically smooth. I bet this track would be fun with an 80s or 90s F1 car, though.

Absolutely! One of my favourite tracks back in the day :) Formula 1 96 was the first game I had that approached a sim.

Track does look relatively smooth in fairness, but definitely too smooth in this mod.

One of the great circuits, pity it was all changed here. Understandably high speed curves were getting phased out. I guess it could be probably made safe with the barrier and car tech these days.

The cars look so flimsy by modern standards. Token rear wing.

Last edited:
Maybe this version is more suited? https://f3classictracks.sellfy.store/p/fqkn/

I find the physics mesh of the rainmaker version to be thoroughly lacking, there's often no feedback and it feels like driving on ice
I love classic Hockenheim, but I don't think that version is suited to this class of car. I think there's another 1988 version on Race Department though. However, I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:
I love classic Hockenheim, but I don't think that version is suited to this class of car. I think there's another 1988 version on Race Department though. However, I haven't tried it yet.

I think that's the version this is based on.

Anyhow, it's just supposed to be a bit of relaxed historical retro gaming. Bit of a blast about in these proto GT's with the slippers on :)
Back to serious business next week ;)

Some event changes

Multiclass confirmed!

GTLM -Merc and GT1 - 911/Mclaren

Maser is gone.

Porsche BOP added 5kg/100% restrictor

Should be a nice balance between the 911 and mclaren now. Maccer has the straight line speed while the 911 is more planted in the corner. The twitchy corner exit are alot less of an issue with the restrictor!

I love that the FIA killed the porsche off, by restricting turbo chargers in 1999, and here we are slapping a massive restrictor on to give a new life :) Such nice cars to drive when you get into them :coffee:

Last edited:

2 pots of tea later I got it singing nicely. This is without any BOP.

Needs optimal shift on sidekick, or just use the orange light on the dash.

The setup on it is pretty mad. One for the clicker nerds. The damper graph never changes or looks right but each bunch of clicks to try get ot there made the car feel better. I don't think it would ever going to get near the flipwagen times but a quick car nonetheless. You come for the looks and stay for the turbo noises :D

Attachments

• test 2.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Latest News

Back