Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

In the Tour de l'America this time a new track! Situated in California it's hot and dusty road track but because of the elevation changes and high average speeds it's a favorite of many road racing and NASCAR drivers.
Being a very broad track there are plenty of overtake places even in the turns.

Willow-Springs06.9364e6bfb8a539d5fc1c4b02454b29a0.png

So join us for another exciting race and:

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise post here and I will send you a PM with it.):

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

THE GT3/GT4 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE ON THIS TRACK!
By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints of the track in a car that's less demanding than the GT3/GT4 and have a lot of fun at the same time.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Audi TT/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Willow Springs, USA
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: 28C air/43C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 94% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
Can't resist posting a historical note here... hope nobody minds...
Willow is on the edge of the Mojave, with summer temps well over 100F daily, little rain ever, and ever-present winds off the desert with gusts at 20-40 MPH. Cowboy Bill Huth, the legendary owner who supposedly won the track in a poker game, was the cheapest man on earth, so the original pavement from 1953 was what we still rode on in the early '80's. Entering turn 8, flat out top speed, pinned all the way through the exit of 9 onto the straightaway, the pavement was deeply, visibly rutted, and had two distinct rolling waves right through the apex of 8. Powder the glazed ancient tarmac with blowing drifting dirty sand, and you had what Eddie Lawson said was the scariest effing turn he ever saw. (Sadly the deadliest, too... two or three gone every effing year, seemed like.)
Willow is the simplest little puzzle to never quite get right I ever rode, it was my home track for 10+ years/seasons and I don't know that I ever had a perfect lap.
My broken old Parkinson hands won't let me join you, but crank up the thermostat to max, set up a floor fan blowing in your face on high, and enjoy my favorite 2.5 miles on earth... the Fastest Road In The West!
-EZ

Can't resist posting a historical note here... hope nobody minds...
Willow is on the edge of the Mojave, with summer temps well over 100F daily, little rain ever, and ever-present winds off the desert with gusts at 20-40 MPH. Cowboy Bill Huth, the legendary owner who supposedly won the track in a poker game, was the cheapest man on earth, so the original pavement from 1953 was what we still rode on in the early '80's. Entering turn 8, flat out top speed, pinned all the way through the exit of 9 onto the straightaway, the pavement was deeply, visibly rutted, and had two distinct rolling waves right through the apex of 8. Powder the glazed ancient tarmac with blowing drifting dirty sand, and you had what Eddie Lawson said was the scariest effing turn he ever saw. (Sadly the deadliest, too... two or three gone every effing year, seemed like.)
Willow is the simplest little puzzle to never quite get right I ever rode, it was my home track for 10+ years/seasons and I don't know that I ever had a perfect lap.
My broken old Parkinson hands won't let me join you, but crank up the thermostat to max, set up a floor fan blowing in your face on high, and enjoy my favorite 2.5 miles on earth... the Fastest Road In The West!
-EZ
Hi Jon. Thanks for this background information! If you like, we can send you a replay file if you want to watch the race.

Hi L4de,

You're are very welcome but first you have to enter your real name in your RD account/account details (field Real Name). This should be the same name as you are using on S.GP.
So please read everything in the first post of this thread including the links.
Post here again if you have done that and I will send you a PM with the password to register.

@HF2000,
Sorry Han, withdrawing from the race.Hav,nt been feeling that great today and energy levels are really down,so i dont feel i could go the distance and more importantly spoil someone elses race,plus my new DD arrives tomorrow,sequential shifter by Aiologs came yesterday, so i want to be fresh to get that set-up with the wind simulator i have built..Have a great race guys,push @stigs2cousin to the limit,dont let him win..:laugh:.:p.;).:thumbsup:..Till next time..Stay Safe..

@HF2000,
Sorry Han, withdrawing from the race.Hav,nt been feeling that great today and energy levels are really down,so i dont feel i could go the distance and more importantly spoil someone elses race,plus my new DD arrives tomorrow,sequential shifter by Aiologs came yesterday, so i want to be fresh to get that set-up with the wind simulator i have built..Have a great race guys,push @stigs2cousin to the limit,dont let him win..:laugh:.:p.;).:thumbsup:..Till next time..Stay Safe..
Thanks for telling me, Allan. Take care!

I really enjoyed that, the difference between Thomas and I was one mistake from me.:)
But the reality was a good outcome for me, had a great battle with Richard and then a chase on for Thomas, just one more lap Thomas.:roflmao::roflmao::D
The alternative would have been 30 laps of pressure.:(
But a big well done to Thomas and Mazda podiums.
What a difficult circuit to race flat out on, not a disappear into the countryside difficult, but loads of sand that really slowed you down, as I found out.:D
Great race Han @HF2000 , thankyou for the organization. pity there were not more here tonight.

This was interesting:

it started with my graphics card crapping out in practice :poop:
so I had to reinstall the drivers ( found one in an old download.)

Than I was a little surprised to not see tyre blankets, all my pressures were off. :confused:
The guesstimated pressures worked for qualy ( my best so far :))

On the grid the next shock: fuel level dangerously low :confused:
( I had set 2l more, but it wasn´t safed which sounds familiar :O_o:)
Couldn´t change it on the grid, got back when the lights were already on
and nearly missed the start which I blew anyway and lost three positions.
( In the end I came in with a Pint to spare, so Slainte`;))

Got the first one back in T2/3/4 and then followed Paul for a while until he got fed up with my constant sniffling at his bumper and let me by.

After that it was just not to loose concentration ( which of course I did, but when you get more experienced your mistakes tend to take a smaller toll as Ross Bentley pointed out :cool:)

Thanks for Han for " keeping it interesting", no thanks to AMD for shoddy software and a big Kudos to Harry who did the fastest lap in a Mazda.:thumbsup: Now we only have to coax him onto our discord server ;)

See you all ( and hopefully some more ) next week, Carsten

(EDITH says: just saw your times Han, maybe we should ban the " Masi factor" and go back to clean and fair racing? This should have been interesting ;))

Last edited:
I had never raced here before tonight and don’t normally go well on American desert tracks but I really enjoyed this one.
Qualified P2 but as Carsten got his graphics card warmed up ( and decided to put his car in gear) and Han gave us all a chance by starting in the pits, I made it into T1 as first MX5 :D, Happy days!
After leading for a few laps I went wide on the last turn and Carsten was through and quickly opened up a lead. I really struggled on that last turn and lost a lot of time on this dusty track.
But all good and managed to hang on to second place even though Jari was closing in.
Congrats to both podiums and thanks to Han for organising. With what is going on in the world, what we do here on an evening seems irrelevant at the moment but the community here really works well together and it does take your mind off the troubles , even if it is only for an hour or two.

Glad for the win, was following Ernie closely the first laps and as he made the mistake goal was to bring it home.
Ernie and me had about the same pace, I was stupid enough to give it a go for fastest race lap the last minutes. Was already couple tenth ahead in split time but went little wide so Ernie could close the gap and we had some interesting final two laps;).

Results: https://simresults.net/220302-4NA

Sorry I didnt make it into to discord. I ballsed up my wheel so It didnt work as i tired to update last night and aborted halfway though (rookie error). So i spent from 8-8.43 trying to re install firmware etc. Surprised I was even made it on tbh. I got into the race with countdown on 50 seconds :confused::confused::confused:. Sorry If I got in anyones way spent the first half of the race trying to calm down :). thanks for mention

stigs2cousin

Latest News

Back