AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Road America, Wednesday 2nd February 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I know what you mean Han? overtaking Mazda’s is easy , if you have a lot of time at your disposal, unfortunately it does not go that way very often.
I did say to Richard ( or was it Colin ) that I would not attempt an overtake when he was confronted with two battling mx5’s
But I could see the cogs whirling away in his head, should I, can I, do I.

66B7026E-6B60-4FEA-88DA-2455876CFBF2.png
In this race the Mazda gods we’re on my side. So next race I will be in a different situation, especially if the Mazda gods are not on my side. Yes we all know the Mazda gods are controlled by Allan.

So as you say, you just have to try and accept the situations and deal with it as it comes. It does effect both Mazda’s and Audi.
Unfortunately for Mazda’s, human psychology states that “obviously” the fastest has all the rights, and frustration must be dealt with as quick as possible.

290FBDE2-1FCD-45C6-9263-FC99232A40D7.jpeg

Last edited:
To all:

I've watched the whole replay of the Audi driver that was subject to a lot of commentary.
Yes he totally overshot his brakepoint in T5 probably by underestimating the effect of coldtyres with low grip. He should have had more practice for that. And he should have waited for Tim who he knocked off.
And he did that again in T6 hitting Andre.

But after that he did a decent job with nice and safe overtaking the Mazda's and helping the Audi's to lap him.

I gave him some tips and I want to give him the chance to learn from this experience and show that he can do better. To be honest, I believe that I did something similar in one of my first races with RaceDepartment. I was grateful that I got support and understanding from the other guys otherwise I maybe would have stopped with online racing.

(and I wouldn't have been organizing these events;)).

Last edited:
First of all, thank you guys for the warm welcome!

I really had a blast racing with all of you, especially the battle with @FabianoRL was great fun!

Really looking forward to the next race! :D
Good to have you along Chris, I have been here for just about a year now and it's a great bunch of drivers, ready to help but very competitive and a good laugh at the same time.

To all:

I've watched the whole replay of the Audi driver that was subject to a lot of commentary.
Yes he totally overshot his brakepoint in T5 probably by underestimating the effect of coldtyres with low grip. He should have had more practice for that. And he should have waited for Tim who he knocked off.

But after that he did a decent job with nice and safe overtaking the Mazda's and helping the Audi's to lap him.

I gave him some tips and I want to give him the chance to learn from this experience and show that he can do better. To be honest, I believe that I did something similar in one of my first races with RaceDepartment. I was grateful that I got support from the guys otherwise I maybe would have stopped with online racing.

We are all lucky you are Han, the fact you are making this point demonstrates why. Most of us just rock up and race for 2 hours but for you and the other admins these races take quite some commitment. Technically and politically. :thumbsup:

To all:

I gave him some tips and I want to give him the chance to learn from this experience and show that he can do better. To be honest, I believe that I did something similar in one of my first races with RaceDepartment. I was grateful that I got support from the guys otherwise I maybe would have stopped with online racing.

I had a similar performance on my first event online at RD (rookies in the Audi) more than a year ago. I made a mess of my race and dragged some people along. :redface: I remember the mixed feelings... the joy of my first race with real people, and the anguish of knowing it didn't go well because of my clumsiness. I apologised in the forum for the collisions straight after the race and the way the group reacted was a true relief... with encouragements to learn from my mistakes (reviewing the replay) and plenty of tips. But the most heartening was that everyone was supportive. That's what kept me coming back, and I'm sure that story is not just mine... ;) In my case, I took the step to connect with the group but some people can get overwhelmed or be shy about what happened... I think it's great that you reached out Han. Hopefully he'll try again and learn from every experience... I think we all here can give positive advise to new participants if they need it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
First of all, thank you guys for the warm welcome!

I really had a blast racing with all of you, especially the battle with @FabianoRL was great fun!

Really looking forward to the next race! :D

Great to have you Chris! :thumbsup: I heard you had great pace... and can take the friendly banter of this lot, haha! :roflmao: I could not be on track coz I had to finish work but I had Chris (Down)' stream on as "background music" and heard / saw the whole race. Looking forward to meet you on Laguna Seca next wednesday! :coffee:

Last edited:
To all:

I gave him some tips and I want to give him the chance to learn from this experience and show that he can do better. To be honest, I believe that I did something similar in one of my first races with RaceDepartment. I was grateful that I got support and understanding from the other guys otherwise I maybe would have stopped with online racing.

Well done Han!

That's is what I call very good hosting, and even after the race giving him tips! Well done man!
Everybody has to learn and deal with the low grip levels in a full pack! And I guess I had bad luck that
he knocked me off, which can happen!

It also happened to me, I knocked Allan off while having 4 Audi's around us,
but I waited for him and we continued.

So well done guys and welcome!

Latest News

Back