AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Imola, Wednesday 13th April 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Had no high expectations as in the past was not that fast at Imola so I was surprised to miss pole by just couple of hundreds. Not practiced much it took a while to get into the flow. Had a great battle with Joel the whole race, overtaking each other several times. Going wide last lap I had to defend at the limit the last corners. Was great sweaty racing, glad I brought second place home.
Thx Han for organizing and all for showing up.
cu next time

Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_imola_14-4-122-0-2-7.jpg

Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_imola_14-4-122-0-8-15.jpg

Last edited:
I don't understand the hate for this and Brands Hatch. I quite like them!

Had good pace here but only managed P6 in quali but the times were very close.

Unusually good start and managed to nip passed Ernie. Made up another place as Han went off. Had another good battle with Han and he made a clean move to get past.

My luck then turned as I hit a spinning Omar and ended up behind Ernie and Richard. I managed to catch up with Ernie just before the end and he had an off which allowed me past. A tense final lap saw me keep the place.

Not a very high finish but I still enjoyed myself.

Thanks as ever Han for organising.

I too would support a "no discord no race" rule. We've all been using it for long enough to help anyone get it set up so I don't see why it shouldn't be mandatory. It would help identify people it they used their real names on discord as it hard to spot who's who something.

Last edited:
Well, my race had a fun start and a lonely end. I had a decent qualy and held my place at the start, until Acqua Minerale where I overshot my braking point and went off, luckily the Imola logo has a bit of grip so I managed to get back on track... last place but still in the race. I managed to climb back to my position over the course of several laps having good scraps with Omar @maxilogan, @Douglas Aird and @davejevons. I managed to stay on the black stuff for the remainder of the race which helped me retain my position. At some point I had @Allan Ramsbottom in front of me (he had gone off, I was not that fast, haha!) and managed to keep him in my sights until the Audis started coming at us again... I saw Han @HF2000 fighting for position with another Audi so I let them pass at the Tamburello chicane and slotted myself right behind him to profit from the slipstream... BUT... I misjudged my braking alltogether and had to slam the anchors hard... :confused: I did manage to stay in a straight line and barely touched Han's bumper, luckily the bump was barely of consequence for him and he could continue. I went straight into the gravel, luckily keeping the car in a straight line towards the next corner, so I could rejoin with no loss of position. After that it was lapping in no-mans land, letting Audis by whenever they showed up. It was a good race after all. I "lovehate" Imola so I did enjoy mastering the art of being consistent here. A big congrats to the winners (nice comeback @a_murel !) and a big thanks to Han for the organisation once more. :thumbsup:

I was thinking, there's a rumor going around that Kyalami may join the F1 calendar so perhaps that would be a good track to try in the near future... dunno if anyone else would fancy that. Anyhow, have a good week chaps! :coffee:

Last edited:
An Ok race for me. Qualified 4th, finished 4th and a nice battle with Colin together with interesting Mazda traffic. If it wasn't for Variante Alta, I would really like this track but I can't master that dreadful chicane. I loose about half a second to guys who do know to take those turns.

Congrats to the podium and thanks to all the Mazda's. I think you did a great job!

Next week Donington which is also very suited for the multiclass. Don't know about the mandatory Discord yet. It has to be practical for me to maintain that rule. So let's say it's mandatory for qually, then I have to check who is not on it and kick the ones that are not.
I'm not sure if the guy who gets kicked can't rejoin for the race.

Yeah that was a tough one :D

I had some tough time trying to understand this car again, because IIRC I've driven the Audi last time back in 2018. Had a setup that I had got no clue was it good or not and then I adjusted it a bunch, still no clue was it good or not :D

But, the race was really fun ! Like Thomas said earlier, we had an awesome race-long fight for P2, which had some really side-by-side action. It just made it a bit more difficult in the middle of race to catch him, cause when ever I got close to him, I decided to go in like this to Acque Minerale :D
Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_imola_14-4-122-15-19-45.jpg

(God damn grass makes braking a bit diffult)

Unfortunately, Martin got away from us at the first 15mins and we couldn't catch up to him to make it a 3-way fight for the lead, since we all ran about the same pace the last 30mins.

Thanks Han for organising !

Last edited:
I like the idea of discord for all, but not at the expense of drivers who've been showing up and not causing problems :)

If the lack of discord is related to hardware (I'm over here doing everything I can to squeeze 35-40fps out of my laptop :laugh:) you could open discord up on your phone and just join to listen (no mic or push to talk wheel button).

Also, for volume adjustment, in addition to what Colin posted, I think discord has it's own input and output volume options in "audio & video" in settings.

Last edited:
I would like to vote for a non-mandatory discord.
Because for me that means: no discord, no race, no Hank. :(
But of course I accept the opinion of the majority. It was nice racing with you.
That's about it for me then.
@Han, can I at least finish the classic F-1 cars championship?
Depends what we consider mandatory. In my understanding it is not mandatory to speak on Discord and you can always mute it once racing. So there is no real reason I can think of to not have it on at all.

I always tune in for the pre quali and race instruction, but after the initial cold tyres, lower temps, T1 caution, no dive bombing slower classes messages and the race begins, if there is a lot of chatter/arguing or just general ranting I will sometimes mute it completely for a while as it breaks my concentration.

I can't always tell who is talking anyway as I am in VR (although I have learnt a few voices to names now). So just saying.. Audi right, Mazda left instructions will not always be heard by me.

I am sure it would be interesting though if there was an open chat feed in say F1 where all the drivers could talk to each other :roflmao:

I like the idea of discord for all, but not at the expense of drivers who've been showing up and not causing problems :)

If the lack of discord is related to hardware (I'm over here doing everything I can to squeeze 35-40fps out of my laptop :laugh:) you could open discord up on your phone and just join to listen (no mic or push to talk wheel button).

Also, for volume adjustment, in addition to what Colin posted, I think discord has it's own input and output volume options in "audio & video" in settings.
I've found the app mixer useful in juggling levels in ac, crew chief and discord. I also use the per user volume level to adjust some drivers as they seem to vary in volume depending on hardware and output settings

I would like to vote for a non-mandatory discord.
Because for me that means: no discord, no race, no Hank. :(
But of course I accept the opinion of the majority. It was nice racing with you.
That's about it for me then.
@Han, can I at least finish the classic F-1 cars championship?
Hank,

It's not decided yet. It could be that I will try this in the next multiclass but not for the classic F1 championship.
But out of curiosity: why don't you want to use Discord? You don't have to use the speak option, only listening is enough.

To all,

Some of the remarks above are complaints that there's too much chatter during the race.

I will not address this to a person specific (Carsten :p ) but let's keep the chat during to race for only important directions for overtaking or waiting for someone after contact.
Please no emotional outburst of frustration (Han) or things like that. If you have a problem, please contact the guy after the race and if not satisfied, report the incident to me.

That way you can contribute to cleaner race events which are more enjoyable for us all.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back